Reality check 4 points off bottom this time next week

Steppskillie

1 hour ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Agree with the last part as well, it is hard to stomach some of them after the europa league disgrace then working to their own agendas in a way which has taken our club backwards. If they had thrown their toys out the pram, got their pal in charge then improved drastically and we were going for europe then they may have had a point, but the results have got worse and now in a position where the manager is saying top 6 is gone, despite being 5th when the players got their wish.

That tells me the stuff about players having taken over or being in charge is just nonsense. What you are describing is a catalogue of miss management and confusion coming from the top.

No disrespect to the guy but AA was definitely not a good fit for a club in our situation. As events were to prove. Then having accepted this the board proceeded to everything possible wrong. They appointed an assistant from the failed regime then failed to use the transfer window to fill the several clear holes in the squad. Limping to the summer without losing our top league status may turn out to be the only +ve outcome of the post SC fluster**k.

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

No disrespect to the guy but AA was definitely not a good fit for a club in our situation. As events were to prove. Then having accepted this the board proceeded to everything possible wrong. They appointed an assistant from the failed regime then failed to use the transfer window to fill the several clear holes in the squad. Limping to the summer without losing our top league status may turn out to be the only +ve outcome of the post SC fluster**k.

It is hard to tell with AA, definitely a risky appointment and having made that appointment the club should have supported him and given him the January transfer window. Agreed it was not a conventional choice for the club, but how do you describe a 'good fit' for the club, are we too far in the dark ages to try and bring a different style to our club? 

Agree with you that appointing Dyer was a mistake, indeed they should have had a plan in place if sacking AA. The January window was a disaster but Fowler did his job and had players lined up which were then knocked back. Perhaps these were areas that AA had been wanting players to fit the system he wanted to introduce. If Dyer was knocking these back then you would think he would have had his own targets when in fact we got a 35 year old player, on an 18 month contract, in a position we weren't particularly lacking and had correctly been shipped out months earlier. It wouldn't fill you with confidence for the summer. 

You are correct that could be the only positive, however looking at the form table if we continue like this next season then we will be in the same position, albeit without the points that AA achieved. Hopefully we get through this season, make a good managerial appointment and Fowler given the opportunity to do the job he was employed to do without being undermined and we also have a good summers recruitment.

None of us really know the real reason for AA's departure but how many of us like I did were unimpressed by his influence during his short time in the quality of the product on offer for a man with his alleged pedigree. I take into account the type of player he was working with but it didn't seem to stop SC getting a good tune from that particular fiddle and a point on the Kirk Broadfoot return he is supposedly one of the fittest hardest working trainers at the club( remember the player podcasts pre season from Spain a few years ago) so maybe he is having an influence in that area.

58 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

All very well and good.

Results have got worse though, so despite the players being "happy|" we are incapable of picking up points.

Surely if AD can't get results with happy players, then he should be nowhere near the job?

Wasn't suggesting otherwise - my point was the players, to my eyes, haven't chucked it, they've just been mismanaged in two different ways by two different managers and let down by the management of the football club. 

11 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

.....  .are we too far in the dark ages to try and bring a different style to our club? 

I also wold like to move out of the dark ages. I would like to move to a situation where the team manager was appointed because of his tactical knowledge and strategic forward planning abilities rather than his ability to bully a bunch of overgrown school weans into playing on a Saturday. Where his contacts within the game were more important than his ability to direct a well aimed hair-dryer at half time.

But the transition needs to be handled correctly. AA was just too big a jump at one go for me. Bring a clearly very talented guy into an unfamiliar hostile environment rarely ends well. I have 30 years experience working in engineering with advance mathematical modelling. Sadly I don't think I could bring much to managing a squad of brickies on a building site. I would get eaten alive.

16 minutes ago, Bbk said:

I take into account the type of player he was working with but it didn't seem to stop SC getting a good tune from that particular fiddle

Clarke had Mulumbu, Bachmann, Stewart, Tish, Taylor and Jones.

17 minutes ago, Bbk said:

a point on the Kirk Broadfoot return he is supposedly one of the fittest hardest working trainers at the club( remember the player podcasts pre season from Spain a few years ago) so maybe he is having an influence in that area.

We keep losing late goals, so looks like that's not working.

Let’s hope we’re not scrambling for excuses on Saturday night if AA’s replacement fails to get SC’s team ( minus four EPL players) three points. I recall someone correcting me about Dyer not being fully in charge for the seven defeats in a row, I don’t need telling that we could be en route to Armageddon with this guy in charge.

13 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Let’s hope we’re not scrambling for excuses on Saturday night if AA’s replacement fails to get SC’s team ( minus four EPL players) three points. I recall someone correcting me about Dyer not being fully in charge for the seven defeats in a row, I don’t need telling that we could be en route to Armageddon with this guy in charge.

Lot of down votes already, but it's the absolute truth. We get beat on Saturday and we are in absolute turmoil with a huge chance of going down. Only thing that might save us is AA's points earlier in the season if we keep spiraling.

1 hour ago, Pompey Exile said:

I think the board would give AD the job and believe he'll turn things around with a full summer transfer window.

This is where Fowler might prove his worth as I think he'd take a more reasoned approach and won't be impressed by AD's  record so far

Apart from blind faith what makes you think AD will turn it round?

7 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Lot of down votes already, but it's the absolute truth. We get beat on Saturday and we are in absolute turmoil with a huge chance of going down. Only thing that might save us is AA's points earlier in the season if we keep spiraling.

Depends on tomorrow nights result but I agree every week seems to take us that bit closer to the smelly stuff.

48 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Armageddon :8:

3 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

Anything other than a victory on Saturday isn’t good enough. It’s as simple as that. 

24 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The fact we are even thinking about this result tonight is a sad indictment of how we've regressed this season.

Not sure we have got that much worse. We have been woeful all season. Got a few results earlier on in 50 / 50 games that went against us latterly. 

Edited by gdevoy