Gary Holt

Killiepies

Disagree about the shoe in during the summer, the idea of Alessio was very ambitious, unfortunately didn't pay off(apparently).

But now without a doubt we need to concentrate of being able to walk again before we can run the way we did under Clarke. 

Holt is 100% the man to make that happen

I'm still not convinced. I'm not sure how much of their season is down to Holt and how much is down to his backroom team.

Much prefer us to go and get someone from England with a good pedigree and most importantly contacts. At our level recruitment is the most important aspect of managing this team unless you find someone like Clarke who could turn water into wine.

8 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I'm still not convinced. I'm not sure how much of their season is down to Holt and how much is down to his backroom team.

Much prefer us to go and get someone from England with a good pedigree and most importantly contacts. At our level recruitment is the most important aspect of managing this team unless you find someone like Clarke who could turn water into wine.

Aye Gary Holt lost half his team during the summer but stil managed to build a top 6 team .Holt turned pish into whiskey with freebies from Partick , turned a lower league center into the hammer of the infirm and took a team with the lowest budget in the league to a stick on for the top 6 

28 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Gary is not the answer.

3 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Why would he leave livi for us? Don’t think it’s a case of just going and getting him.

Perhaps two ways of looking at it. One makes it really easy and one really difficult. 

1. He sees this as the start of something great at Livi and decides to stick around and see what could happen. Another season like this next year with increased budget and better signings could they do more?

2. He thinks this season is as far Livi can go. They punched well above their wait. Vultures will be circling the better players. Get out while his stock is high and a chance at a club with a bigger budget etc. 

10 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Why would he leave livi for us? Don’t think it’s a case of just going and getting him.

Because we are a bigger team with at least twice the budget and he is a Killie fan ,legend and stays here .Just like Tommy Burns left us for his boyhood heroes.Gary Holt would be living a childhood dream that he even couldn't have dreamt about.Apart from that he is the stick out candidate 

Still cant believe that some of the folk on here dont think gary holt is the man for the job.

Can remember posting in the summer GH is the man for the job  legend, knows the league , will keep the train moving, knows players etc.

Got slated,  30 something reds, got the same for saying AA wouldnt last till christmas, same for saying AD is a bad move , same for saying iain wilson is pish can the same old dumbos please come out and declare (actually i dont have a clue about football ) you know who you are . Will prob get another ban from cb or Lroy but who cares the novelty of debating with ******s has worn off

28 minutes ago, iainmaccoll said:

Still cant believe that some of the folk on here dont think gary holt is the man for the job.

Can remember posting in the summer GH is the man for the job  legend, knows the league , will keep the train moving, knows players etc.

Got slated,  30 something reds, got the same for saying AA wouldnt last till christmas, same for saying AD is a bad move , same for saying iain wilson is pish can the same old dumbos please come out and declare (actually i dont have a clue about football ) you know who you are . Will prob get another ban from cb or Lroy but who cares the novelty of debating with ******s has worn off

Bang on the buutton .Gary Holt would not have ( or stood for )had a player revolt for starters..

4 hours ago, piffer said:

Perhaps two ways of looking at it. One makes it really easy and one really difficult. 

1. He sees this as the start of something great at Livi and decides to stick around and see what could happen. Another season like this next year with increased budget and better signings could they do more?

2. He thinks this season is as far Livi can go. They punched well above their wait. Vultures will be circling the better players. Get out while his stock is high and a chance at a club with a bigger budget etc. 

There will never be anything great at Livi.  As artificial as their pitch. Gone in 5yrs tops.

10 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I agree with this. Holt is great in front of the media, but there are continuing rumours that it's the backroom team running the show at Livi.