Chelsea Feeder Club

CHELSEA are looking into BUYING a club in Scotland to beat tough new Fifa rules on loan players.

Football’s governing body want to clamp down on big clubs stockpiling top young talent and sending dozens of them out on loan for years on end. 

SunSport can reveal Roman Abramovich has told his advisors to find another way of bringing through and developing up-and-coming Blues kids. 

And one of the major ideas they are considering is taking a controlling stake in a club in Scotland.

Chelsea could send a whole team of teenagers, coached by their own staff, and play them at senior level in the SPFL.

Rather than loan out the players, they would let them join their partner club permanently — with a sell-on agreement if they move for a fee or have first option if they become good enough to move to Stamford Bridge. 

Sources suggest a core of Scottish players would remain at the club to make up the squad and retain links with the supporters.

The Blues have already looked deeply into one particular club, but have yet to commit until they check all of the details and snags that may arise.

There are rules against owners taking stakes in clubs in more than one country and the SFA would have the right to approve or reject such a move.

But insiders claim they won’t automatically object, given the likely benefits to the Scottish game.

New Fifa rules will be introduced next season to restrict loan moves and they will get tougher in the future — and Chelsea would suffer more than most.

They have 28 players out on loan this season and last season that number was a staggering 41.

Chelsea have had partnership agreements with several foreign clubs in the past, including Dutch outfit Vitesse Arnhem, but this would be a far more permanent and revolutionary step.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5361864/chelsea-buy-scottish-club-fifa-loan-rules/

They won't choose Killie because of the pitch, for one reason. 

Not sure how comfortable with that I’d be. Could potentially bring some exciting football some trophies and Europe but would we really be Killie anymore. 

Am I wrong in thinking the Latvian club Eremenko works for are something along this line for Spartak Moscow?

5 minutes ago, piffer said:

....would we really be Killie any more?

It's talking about a controlling stake so there would still be other shareholders - the club would keep its identity.

The players would also seem to be bona fide players of the Scottish club and not loanees.

It would be an interesting prospect if it went ahead. Other English clubs might follow if it was a  success and you could then see Scottish football as a whole losing some of its independence and identity. 

Don’t see it happening in top league unless it’s sevco. Could only imagine if one of the smaller teams got closer to the duopoly (if the players were better quality).  The media meltdown would be apocalyptic. It’s not fair, more money all the usual crap that comes out when segues are in Europe. 

imagine the spfl meeting Dave, Peter there’s a chance that you might have competition for the title and Europe. 
how do we stop this!! Not happening.

24 minutes ago, CB said:

What was that French thing in the lowland league? Was that run by a French team?

I think it is run by Edusport Academy based in Glasgow and Edinburgh, which has the aim of providing young French players with football coaching, English language tutoring and life skills.

The Lowland League team is now called Caledonian Braves.

6 hours ago, KTID1869fc said:

If you’re willing to buy another football club just to get round loan rules, putting down a grass pitch would seem like a fairly trivial task. 

suspect we'd need a lot more than a grass pitch, cant see Chelsea sending their young players to a club that doesn't have a purpose built training centre

37 minutes ago, jasper said:

Since our business plan is to develop talent and sell it on, I don't see how this arrangement would be any different morally or otherwise. If I can have the likes of Billy Gilmour bossing things at RP, I'm all in favour.

But you won’t get billy gilmours, you’ll get Harvey St Clairs and they’ll be forced to play every week. 

1 hour ago, Bullitt said:

Let's grow our own young players rather than have 8 loans a season with no affinity to the club.

I thought at first you were being ironic but realised you might be serious!

We had a total of nine loaned players last season and nobody complained about them having no affinity with the club.

Well, except Enobakhare.

Edited by skygod