Billy Gilmour

Interesting statistic from the BBC:

Gilmour became the first Scottish outfield player to start a Premier League match for Chelsea since Steve Clarke in May 1998 - more than three years before Gilmour was born

He has put in two outstanding performances v Liverpool and Everton. Got to be worth considering for the Scotland squad.

cant take my eyes off him. Just watching his movement and how he is always checking everyone around him. Seems so simple the way he plays , but he is only a wee guy so i guess he wants to be in space all the time. I imagine he will improve much more in the first team than the u23 side...

Looks like the real deal. 

6 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

cant take my eyes off him. Just watching his movement and how he is always checking everyone around him. Seems so simple the way he plays , but he is only a wee guy so i guess he wants to be in space all the time. I imagine he will improve much more in the first team than the u23 side...

Looks like the real deal. 

He just glides into space between the lines, collects the ball, then his only thought is getting it moving forward..... he make it look so simple.

I thought the Chelsea passing was really good, crisp, fast, direct. Suppose it might have been different if Calvert-Lewin hadn't mucked up a really good chance at 2-0, but Chelsea moved the ball really well with Gilmour spraying passes over the pitch. Seems a sensible lad which is important with all the praise being heaped on him.