Thank You to the Scottish People

Mclean07

3 hours ago, Scooter said:

Oh I think it does need evidence, of which there is none as completely different decisions woulda/coulda been made. Can you say for certain that government fiscal and monetary policies would've been exactly the same had the vote gone the other way?

So your certain assertion is just pure supposition!

No doubt “different” decisions could/would have been made. But I’m afraid no tinkering round the edges could ever have made up for a negative oil revenue and a fall of 70% in the value oil. It’s fantasy to think otherwise. 

3 hours ago, Scooter said:

When he can casually defend friends from down south who come away with race-tinged statements like, "they couldn't believe how white everywhere was" up here, then all his pronouncements are sadly predictable!

Yes, as I said, they were amazed at how mono cultural our parochial little country was. They are used to living in a multi cultural town and their family reflects that, so I suspect they are more entitled than you or me to comment. But like most things Nats comment on from the economy to race, they are very skilled at twisting people’s words or intentions, so I will excuse your ignorance. 

8F4D066B-6885-4DE2-94FD-D52AE26626C7.jpeg.ecb25223ee1e630df862aaf56db6a50a.jpeg

From a recent interview with SSC . Wonder what he would think of our black bastards song? Probably be ok, as it just means “durty”. I do remember it was mostly the “progressive” Nats in the forum that piled on to defend it and indeed lampooned it, with “funny” comments. People who questioned it were “snowflakes”. Can recall if you were one of them. Only one I can remember condemning it was Zorro. 

CB622AA9-BAD8-486D-821F-C0D33945F5B3.png.61a8c8c3b40beca941314cfef58708ed.png

Nice piece from Darren McGarvey on the real help people got from New Labour. Little things that helped ordinary people in a big way. Not like the constant virtue signalling if the Nats. 
The lowest quartile of incomes grew by 35% in the decade Labour were in power. Before and after it was 8%, 11% and 2%........but there’s no difference. Red Tories! 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

It seems to me that that anybody who does not share you view has clearly been "brainwashed".

Again you use words which were not used or even inferred.  I stated a fact and then backed that up with other facts which entirely contradicted your mates comments.

This isnt being brainwashed its him talking s**te 

52 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

No doubt “different” decisions could/would have been made. But I’m afraid no tinkering round the edges could ever have made up for a negative oil revenue and a fall of 70% in the value oil. It’s fantasy to think otherwise. 

Sorry but as Sxotland at the moment received 9% of the oil revenue, and not 100%. The revenue from 100% of 30 dollars a barrel is still more than the current UK revenue assigned to Scotland.

Must do better at adding up old boy.  Maybe thays why you weighed the labour votes in the old days, because you couldn't count?

55 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Nice piece from Darren McGarvey on the real help people got from New Labour. Little things that helped ordinary people in a big way. Not like the constant virtue signalling if the Nats. 

The lowest quartile of incomes grew by 35% in the decade Labour were in power. Before and after it was 8%, 11% and 2%........but there’s no difference. Red Tories! 

Maybe that's why they only have 1 MP left and zero chance of being in power at either parliament in your lifetime?

But aye, McGarvey does write cool stories, I'll give you that.

Edited by Scooter

45 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Sorry but as Sxotland at the moment received 9% of the oil revenue, and not 100%. The revenue from 100% of 30 dollars a barrel is still more than the current UK revenue assigned to Scotland.

Must do better at adding up old boy.  Maybe thays why you weighed the labour votes in the old days, because you couldn't count?

With oil costing approximately 60-65 dollars a barrel to extract and produce , there is no revenue, except maybe a fraction on tax . So at the moment and until it goes above that level who is subsidising who ? 

3 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Sorry hit civil servants are paid for by Whitehall and are actively involved in maintaining the British state.  Especially in 2014.

48 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Again you use words which were not used or even inferred

(I infer you mean "IMPLIED"!) :)

My inference was your implication was that civil servants are incapable of independent thought and that their thoughts are directed by some kind of mind control by Whitehall.

You have used the actual word "brainwashing" in previous posts.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

The question you have to ask yourself then is why is there a perception amongst the Scottish electorate that "New Labour" was just code for "Tory Lite"?

Should one infer more implications of brainwashing?

24 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

With oil costing approximately 60-65 dollars a barrel to extract and produce , there is no revenue, except maybe a fraction on tax . So at the moment and until it goes above that level who is subsidising who ? 

Unfortunately, @Beaker71 is economically illiterate, as you will have discovered. His Primary One calculation of oil revenue should finally put the mockers on his “understanding” of GERS. There are thousands more like him our there, as well. It would make you weep for our country. 

23 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

The question you have to ask yourself then is why is there a perception amongst the Scottish electorate that "New Labour" was just code for "Tory Lite"?

Should one infer more implications of brainwashing?

Not all the electorate. The above figures on income is just one piece of evidence that the claim is risible. Unfortunately, there are people like you who don’t want to hear it. I have many criticisms of New Labour, but they were different in a hundred ways from the tories. As you say, it’s a perception, it doesn’t mean it’s right. It’s a bit like the perception that the SNP are left wing, of the tories are the real workers party. When you were asked for a progressive SNP policy you hilariously said abolishing bridge tolls. Honestly, man, go and have a look at the good stuff New Labour achieved, as well as the stuff you don’t approve of. Try and be a bit more discerning. 

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

Maybe that's why they only have 1 MP left and zero chance of being in power at either parliament in your lifetime?

But aye, McGarvey does write cool stories, I'll give you that.

The income figure are fact. Don’t be so rash in your predictions, the electorate are more volatile than ever and the SNP are imploding internally in a way I haven’t seen before. You never know.

45 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

There will be tax revenue, how much is debatable.  But this will all come to Scotland instead of the UK then trickles down to Scotland. 

But at the moment if there is no revenue, then it demonstrates that this is a bonus rather than the basis of the economic case for independence.  In my long this demonstrate for it rather than against it.

McLean can screech GERS all he likes but when he doesnt understand this, and canny grasp that it's the UK spends that over spend and then decides how much is our fault.  This even more confirms the case for independence.

25 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Unfortunately, @Beaker71 is economically illiterate, as you will have discovered. His Primary One calculation of oil revenue should finally put the mockers on his “understanding” of GERS. There are thousands more like him our there, as well. It would make you weep for our country. 

You clearly have no grasp on arithmetic.

And you definitely do jot understand GERS as has been proven on here almost weekly for 3 years.

24 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

The income figure are fact. Don’t be so rash in your predictions, the electorate are more volatile than ever and the SNP are imploding internally in a way I haven’t seen before. You never know.

Yeah, I remember when you predicted we'd reached peak SNP! :D

7 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

You clearly have no grasp on arithmetic.

And you definitely do jot understand GERS as has been proven on here almost weekly for 3 years.

Yawn.....

D09FEBA7-7829-47DB-8666-25F91FD4AA5E.jpeg.c274fd142713e2c12bbbf73c596eb7b1.jpeg4503E298-CB20-4AC9-B95C-3F72DC0B2873.jpeg.3e91da39cf8bbc3b1dd7e224c322087a.jpeg

You know what beaker’s argument is regarding this. They have to agree, as there are no other figure. In other words, he believes the SNP are wilfully misleading the Scottish people.

25 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Yawn.....

D09FEBA7-7829-47DB-8666-25F91FD4AA5E.jpeg.c274fd142713e2c12bbbf73c596eb7b1.jpeg4503E298-CB20-4AC9-B95C-3F72DC0B2873.jpeg.3e91da39cf8bbc3b1dd7e224c322087a.jpeg

You know what beaker’s argument is regarding this. They have to agree, as there are no other figure. In other words, he believes the SNP are wilfully misleading the Scottish people.

No there literally is no other number, but as has been pointed out to you a million times GERS represents how Scotland is managed or rather mismanaged IN the union using massive generalisations and assumptions 

I've posted in at least three separate threads on how different the spend and fiscal policy would be between indy and union.  You've chosen to utterly ignore them as it destroys any argument you have.

You're an absolute clown and cannot see that MISMANAGEMENT in the union is a case FOR independence and not against it.  Absolutely clueless 

48 minutes ago, Bhamkillieken said:

or membership of the EU?

or how the smackeroony would be doing against the £/$/euro.

or how the new ferry`s are getting on?

but don't worry, there would be more "free" things

Or a central bank

or the hospital buildings

or the abolition of the council tax

or the education system

or the names persons 

or Europe’s biggest deficit 

1 hour ago, Bhamkillieken said:

or how the new ferry`s are getting on?

The delayed over budget new ferries with the ground breaking environmentally friendly propulsion system, that hasn’t been used before on commercial basis anywhere else in the world.  Behind schedule and over-budget - like a lot of Non-Scottish cutting edge technology.  I wonder if in % terms if they’re more or less over-budget than HS2?