Thank You to the Scottish People

Mclean07

42 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Or a central bank

In the process of being setup.

or the hospital buildings

Hows the pfi thing going for us, thanks Labour.  Over priced buildings of highly dubious quality...  gee thanks labour 

or the abolition of the council tax

Didnt get abolished but was unsupportable continual rises were stopped for some time.

or the education system

Performing better than the rUK.  Irrefutable fact despite the best efforts of the meedja

or Europe’s biggest deficit 

This is just nonsense, no matter how many times you say it, it just isnt true.  Spending is assigned based on assumptions by the UK government who overspend and then say that's your fault.  Plus even if your statement bore out, this is IN the union, it's a f**king cracking case for independence.  It's not my fault you're too dense to realise it.

23 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

On another point. Hope they stop cheating the Scottish people and do the day job with the 640m windfall from the budget. Distributing it to the a Local Authorities, in whom they’ve imposed massive austerity would be a start. 

Who even hinted the Scottish government would not pass on the benefits of the newfound Tory magic money tree.

43 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

In the process of being setup.

Hows the pfi thing going for us, thanks Labour.  Over priced buildings of highly dubious quality...  gee thanks labour 

Didnt get abolished but was unsupportable continual rises were stopped for some time.

Performing better than the rUK.  Irrefutable fact despite the best efforts of the meedja

This is just nonsense, no matter how many times you say it, it just isnt true.  Spending is assigned based on assumptions by the UK government who overspend and then say that's your fault.  Plus even if your statement bore out, this is IN the union, it's a f**king cracking case for independence.  It's not my fault you're too dense to realise it.

Could you provide the education stats? Just that every single person in the UK, except you, knows England has been improving and Scotland in a steep decline. Happy for my grandchildren to be corrected. Looking forward to your reply. 

3 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Could you provide the education stats? Just that every single person in the UK, except you, knows England has been improving and Scotland in a steep decline. Happy for my grandchildren to be corrected. Looking forward to your reply. 

Must be a 1st the tories spending more than Gordon Brown

11 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I posted a link in this or another thread indicating this earlier on, for Devoy who keeps posting the same illinformed opinion on education as yourself.  These are official statistics.

One snippet which is never used in the media...Positive outcomes for student is at 96% in scotland and 67% in england.

You must stop simple believing the mass media, its letting you down.

9 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I posted a link in this or another thread indicating this earlier on, for Devoy who keeps posting the same illinformed opinion on education as yourself.  These are official statistics.

One snippet which is never used in the media...Positive outcomes for student is at 96% in scotland and 67% in england.

You must stop simple believing the mass media, its letting you down.

Post the link again 

3 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Post the link again 

I will do if I can locate it.

One thing we can agree os that education isnt as good as it should be given the resources the SNP government have provided.

However it is wholly wrong to say it's worse in Scotland than England as that's not the case.

It's also not apples and apples as the English system differs from ours, therefore something like positive outcomes is a reasonable comparison  as it removes some but not all of the vagaries of both educational systems.

It's a bit like the Tories trying to claim the NHS in sxorland is underperforming.  It's all misdruectikn to stop people looking st them.  Same with education.

Look beyond the mass media in the UK and look to independent and often offshore news outlets and you get a picture which is closer to the one the independence supporters make than the one you get fed by the MSM.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 9:04 AM, Mclean07 said:

Really? As far as I can see, your only contribution to the site is the occasional snarky comment to try and rile people, so I wouldn’t be too smug.....but then that’s just what you are...smug. 

How will I ever hold my head up again in public.

I have been called out by the site's running joke for not wasting my time in here that often. I am not sure your comments are the cutting barbs you think.

I think you place too much importance on this site.

It is a waste of time and I do not say that in a completely perjorative sense. It can be a pleasant place to waste some time but the reality is that were it to cease operating then the world would keep on turning unhindered and unaffected.

Hence why I do not take it seriously.

4 hours ago, Sandman396 said:

I have been called out by the site's running joke for not wasting my time in here that often. I am not sure your comments are the cutting barbs you think.

It is a waste of time and I do not say that in a completely perjorative sense. It can be a pleasant place to waste some time but the reality is that were it to cease operating then the world would keep on turning unhindered and unaffected.

Thank you for your advice. You’re probably right. 

5 hours ago, Sandman396 said:

Oh dear Sandman. Is that because most of the time you, like McLean, cannot accept balanced argument? To be honest I miss seeing some of your stuff,  just to know what folk like you (and now McLean),  think.  I dont take it seriously either but it is an interesting forum with, in my opinion, good contributions. 

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 12:11 PM, RAG said:

Rumour, innuendo chit chat, probably not very helpful in this instance.  Unwise to comment on the criminal case.  Apparently the civil case was settled with punitive 'extra' damages awarded to Salmond AND they are going to review the complaints procedure, but obviously can't until end of the criminal trial.  

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51908343

Seems to have been more than rumour and innuendo

28 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

I'm not passing comment on the AS case, or getting involved in rumour or innuendo, as I outlined 5 days ago, on page 1 of this 3 page thread.

On 3/11/2020 at 11:47 AM, Sandman396 said:

I have made no secret of my dislike of Salmond as an individual..

I have been aware of the "talk" about Salmond for many years. Family and friends who have worked with him have mentioned that it was common policy for women to avoid being alone with him where at all possible.

I am not pre-judging the outcome of the case nor the veracity of the particular women involved in this case. Just because he has a "reputation" does not mean he actually committed these particular crimes for which he is charged.

56 minutes ago, Sandman396 said:

I disagree,  you can read the ‘story’ in a variety of ways.  One is where the civil servant who is in the employ of London and they absolutely worked tooth and nail to prevent independence is hardly an impartial witness without any possible anterior motive to make statements which cannot be corroborated (a corner stone of Scots law) or substantiated or the suggested reason.  And the BBC can also hardly be describe as impartial and fair either.

or you could see this mans statement as prod is guilt.

without serious corroboration the whole thing is innuendo and rumour,  classic slanderous statements which cannot be taken as hard evidence but likewise cannot be challenged beyond reproach either.  Archetypal state interventionism strategy.

4 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

without serious corroboration the whole thing is innuendo and rumour,  classic slanderous statements which cannot be taken as hard evidence but likewise cannot be challenged beyond reproach either.  Archetypal state interventionism strategy.

It has been alleged by several women that his behaviour was "inappropriate" and corroborated by the civil servant that rotas were changed after allegations were made. However none of this is proof of criminality.

I find your suggestion that everything said or done by any civil servant is somehow conspiring to thwart independence really difficult to deal with.

23 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

It has been alleged by several women that his behaviour was "inappropriate" and corroborated by the civil servant that rotas were changed after allegations were made. However none of this is proof of criminality.

I find your suggestion that everything said or done by any civil servant is somehow conspiring to thwart independence really difficult to deal with.

Amid expect you to,  I find your assertion that a civil servant saying Rita’s were changed because of this alleged inappropriate behaviour as corroboration somewhat odd.  Why wasn’t the inappropriate behaviour addressed directly and not with a rota change.  We have one persons opinion as to the reason WHY.  This is not corroboration is conjecture at best.

I also did not say everything said or done by a London employed civil servant as against independence..  There is however no doubt as to their role and efforts on 2014 against the YES campaign, indeed it was recognised as the arm which worked in Scotland won a special award for services to the union in  2015!

im not saying this person is indeed doing the same here, just simply implying that he is not necessarily an impartial witness who has no agenda or other.  It may and is likely his opinion that this is why the rotas were changed, but as the change was never documented and indeed there was no formal complaint or any investigative evidence of any kind then all his evidence is is opinion and conjecture it most certainly is not corroboration.

Edited by Beaker71

B3F38173-633A-46CF-ACD6-3F9D421DB834.jpeg.d78134424255cc69088205ec50ada0f1.jpeg
D6CD85ED-96A5-4BA8-89B4-DCF971B84212.png.681a8d6d055f284435dfdc5e7b882b46.png42CD7AE1-BE65-4ACB-8AFB-231912CE6EF1.png.d1a16282175276d9c75587538d4a3148.png

Some questions about democracy here as well as the other allegations. Whether he’s found guilty or not, he’s clearly been abusing the power he had over these women. Beaker suggesting political motives being behind some of the women’s claims, puts him in the cesspit section of his party. I find it difficult to believe so many intelligent women would put themselves forward for potentially humiliating cross examination for nothing.