Thank You to the Scottish People

Mclean07

13 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

No worse than you thinking a group of women trashed their reputations all to aid a Whitehall plot. Fantasy stuff right out of the Trump playbook. No way the women made up some of those details and he basically admitted some of it.

I agree, and it was all pretty unsavoury, but none of it constituted a criminal offence in Scots law as it stands.

Perhaps some of it should be but that is a debate about how we want our society to evolve. This was a case about what happened under the law of the land in 2014 and Mr Salmond, no matter how abhorrwnt you find his behaviour did not do anything deemed to be criminal. 

20 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

No worse than you thinking a group of women trashed their reputations all to aid a Whitehall plot. Fantasy stuff right out of the Trump playbook. No way the women made up some of those details and he basically admitted some of it.

Now let's see  did this not all start when the head civil servant who is in the direct employ of Whitehall and who has direct links to both the conservative party and the former Scorrish sectraty's office was found to have lead two womens statements?

There was then an investigation, right amid the me to campaign, and women came forward making complaints.   Complaints which have been shown to range from delusion, exaggeration to absolute nonsense.

Now ask yourself if this had been a Tory or a labour MP would this ever have seen the light of day?

2 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I agree, and it was all pretty unsavoury, but none of it constituted a criminal offence in Scots law as it stands.

Perhaps some of it should be but that is a debate about how we want our society to evolve. This was a case about what happened under the law of the land in 2014 and Mr Salmond, no matter how abhorrwnt you find his behaviour did not do anything deemed to be criminal. 

I’m sure trials in 2020 are brought before the law of the land in 2020.  From what I inferred from the case, Sturgeon and her cabal at the top of the SNP have questions to answer.  Whether or not these will be answered given the secrecy surrounding the case and evidence given within it is open to question.

2 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Complaints which have been shown to range from delusion, exaggeration to absolute nonsense.

Some have been exaggerated but quite a few have been shown to have some basis. I would not like any female member of my family working on his staff.

27 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Feck off, the lot of you, anyway, I’m self isolating from the Nationalist virus :ph34r:

I've not given you any red cards ever but have to say I am disappointed in you. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Stay safe and healthy.

11 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Some have been exaggerated but quite a few have been shown to have some basis. I would not like any female member of my family working on his staff.

Without actual evidence, you can't know what anyone's motivation is for what they say or do.

And without evidence, there's been a lot of second guessing going on, some would've had him convicted on that alone.

We either trust our court system or we don't.

On 3/19/2020 at 11:43 AM, Mclean07 said:

Nats going into full blame the victims mode here and elsewhere. No depth the cult won’t sink to. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

The jury obviously contaminated with Nats. A despicable character, who at the very least, abused the power of his office. I’m not surprised, the SNP has the whole Scottish system in their pockets. 

^Yoon going into full blame the jury mode.  What a clown.

24 minutes ago, Cheviotstag said:

I know there is a lot of robust debate on this forum, and we all often disagree on stuff, but come on, you are better than this .

The thing is, he's not! 

Folk have been generous or forgiving towards him for years and all he has left is hate-filled spew!

6 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Can’t you see it was a joke at my own expense......

Jokes are Often difficult to type out - I’ll give you that!

I thought it was an ironic quip, especially on the Killie forum, given that AS was defended by a former Labour MSP, Killie Director, Ardrossan Academy graduate and Dean of the Faculty of advocates, AKA the top dog -  Gordon Jackson QC..

Edited by RAG

41 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Can’t you see it was a joke at my own expense......

Apologies McLean.  Reading that one tweet in isolation I now see that it was.

I had been reading it as a straight continuation of the “Nats going into full blown blame the victim mode” post.... 

subtlety gets lost when you are reading quickly..

anyway, take care and stay safe

2 hours ago, Scooter said:

Without actual evidence, you can't know what anyone's motivation is for what they say or do.

And without evidence, there's been a lot of second guessing going on, some would've had him convicted on that alone.

We either trust our court system or we don't.

I have no reason whatever to believe these women got together and invented every detail of this story. Or that every one of these ladies us an inveterate liar. What I heard from the court reports was that some unacceptable behaviour was being presented to the jury as criminal. The jury quite rightly rejected that.

Quite what caused this case to be brought in the first place remains to be seen.

52 minutes ago, Cheviotstag said:

Apologies McLean.  Reading that one tweet in isolation I now see that it was.

I had been reading it as a straight continuation of the “Nats going into full blown blame the victim mode” post.... 

subtlety gets lost when you are reading quickly..

anyway, take care and stay safe

He’s just backtracking to try and save face, his bitterness and anger know no bounds.

5 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Quite what caused this case to be brought in the first place remains to be seen.

Started by a Whitehall employee who was found unequivocally to have imitated procedures which were discriminatory biased and she also was found to have led witnesses. 

Plus 2 specific jurors were removed allegedly for clear bias against the defendant.  (Its been alleged and not from nationalist circles that they were linked to MI5, which I find just a bit too ridiculous).

20 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I have no reason whatever to believe these women got together and invented every detail of this story. 

The evidence presented showed email and WhatsApp ‘collusion’ between witnesses, asking to meet and discuss “AS stuff”, how they could do so and retain their anonymity.  The motive?  Destroying any political comeback.  AS had refused to back one of the accusers as a candidate for a parliamentary seat.

It was a politically motivated trial, although it appears it was the Scottish establishment at the heart of it, not the UK establishment, as many would have thought before it came to court.

Edited by RAG