Thank You to the Scottish People

Mclean07

29 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Popcorn and beer at the ready . 

I honestly don’t see this happening anytime soon.  Unionist have been trying to see seeds of division for three or four years and haven’t managed it yet.

IMO NS is showing she is a very good leader at the moment, but we need fresh blood.  I think that may come in the shape of Angus Robertson.  Then you may see a transfer of power in the SNP.

However none of this is likely, the r indeed matters at all, before the Coronavirus is well and truly beaten.

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Started by a Whitehall employee who was found unequivocally to have imitated procedures which were discriminatory biased and she also was found to have led witnesses. 

I am a wee bit confused here. The fishy smell leads us all to suspect a political motive. You seem to be suggesting the source us the British state. Others have suggested an internal squabble between 2 factions of the SNP.

If he was found guilty he would deserve jail time and folk would say I told you so. He was found innocent of any crimes and there are folk on social media saying it was a cover up. People are not happy that he wasn't found guilty ie the newspapers, BBC, Sky. Sarah Smith looked decidedly unhappy at the summing up of the trial.

37 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I am a wee bit confused here. The fishy smell leads us all to suspect a political motive. You seem to be suggesting the source us the British state. Others have suggested an internal squabble between 2 factions of the SNP.

What factions?  If anything it would be a struggle for direction of the independence debate.  But the civil service who initiated the investigation work for Whitehall, the process which was roundly batteries by the courts in the previous civil case, was put in place by holyrood but devised by a Whitehall employee.

lots of murk all over the place here.

22 minutes ago, EKX16 said:

If he was found guilty he would deserve jail time and folk would say I told you so. He was found innocent of any crimes and there are folk on social media saying it was a cover up. People are not happy that he wasn't found guilty ie the newspapers, BBC, Sky. Sarah Smith looked decidedly unhappy at the summing up of the trial.

He did not do anything criminal. People need to get over their agendas.

13 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

That sounds like factions to me.

There's a 'faction' of careerist politicians who work for the SNP, who were considered as candidates for election, yet describe themselves in court as "soft' independence supporters.  10 years beforehand they'd have been working for Labour.  That differs from the majority of SNP voters, who see the SNP as merely a means to the end - the best vehicle for delivering indy.  

Edited by RAG

Interesting take on the teo senior civil servants involved, taken from Craig Murrays website:

Judith Mackinnon joined the Scottish government in 2017. She was slotted into the highly remunerated non-job of Head of People Advice. That really is her title. I saw it in the Record and did not believe it, but just phoned the Scottish Government and they confirmed it. Judith Mackinnon is Head of People Advice at the Scottish Government. She was previously Head of Human Resource Governance at Police Scotland. A senior policeman tells me that appeared in practice to mean professional feminist.

As might be expected from somebody with such pointless job titles, Mackinnon writes gobbledegook rather than English. Here is an extract from her Police Scotland submission to the consultation on the Scottish Government bill on gender equality on boards.

Screenshot-679.png

I confess I got no further than answer 1), my bulls**t meter having exploded. I felt very sorry for Jackie McKelvie.

It is vital to note that, in her peculiar non-job at the Scottish Government, Mackinnon had no normal professional contact with the alleged “complainants” against Alex Salmond. It is still more vital to note that the “complainants” did not approach Mackinnon. In January 2018, shortly after starting at the Scottish Government, Mackinnon sought them out and – as it was carefully put in court today (tremendous twitter stream report here), spoke to them in a manner “bordering on encouragement to proceed with formal complaints” against Alex Salmond. It appears this was a process, not just one meeting. Again in the language used in court today, there was a “significant amount of direct personal contact” between Mackinnon and the complainants.

At this stage the complaints were brought to the attention of Leslie Evans, the Permanent Secretary – assuming she was not the one who instigated Mackinnon to act originally. Incredibly, Evans then appoints Mackinnon as the formal investigating officer for the case.

Even more incredibly, Mackinnon and Evans then together work on a new Civil Service Code which specifically makes the retrospective actioning of these complaints possible.

So Mackinnon instigated the complaints, investigated the complaints and drafted the code changes which made the complaints actionable.

Judith Mackinnon has been a human resources professional operating for over 25 years. It is impossible that Mackinnon did not realise that this method of pursuing a stitch up is absolutely illegitimate, as was today conceded in court. It is equally impossible that the Head of the Civil Service, Leslie Evans, did not realise these measures were completely illegitimate.

The actions of these civil servants are not just reckless, they are a deliberate stitch-up of an individual amounting to the crime of misconduct in public office. It is most certainly a sacking offence and it is Evans and Mackinnon who should be the subject of police investigation. Apart from their deliberate and cold malice towards Salmond, they have cost the taxpayer £350,000 wasted on this case.

Leslie Evans issued a statement today which is breathtaking in these circumstances in its impudence and its tendentiousness. She appears to try to say that she did not know until last month of Mackinnon’s role in instigating the complaints.

After reassessing all the materials available, I have concluded that an impression of partiality could have been created based on one specific point – contact between the Investigating Officer and the two complainants around the time of their complaints being made in January 2018.

The full picture only became evident in December 2018 as a result of the work being undertaken to produce relevant documents in advance of the hearing.

This amounts to an incredible accusation against Mackinnon by Evans. To save her own skin, Evans appears to be alleging that at the time of Mackinnon’s appointment as investigating officer, Mackinnon did not reveal to Evans her role in initiating the “complaints”; and presumably also left that out of the investigative reports, if Evans did not find out until December.

However as a former member of the senior civil service myself, I can tell you that the truly disgusting Leslie Evans is here attempting to give that impression by weasel drafting. She is saying that “the full picture” only became clear in December. In fact, Evans already knew a great deal more than she is here attempting to portray. Perhaps she didn’t know whether Mackinnon and the complainants drank tea or coffee together, hence not the “full picture”.

There is a still more important and extraordinary misrepresentation in Evans’ statement, She claims:

All the other grounds of Mr Salmond’s challenge have been dismissed

I cannot understand this at all. There has been no judgement issued in the case. The Scottish Government caved in once it was ordered to reveal the incriminating emails and minutes that told the above story. The Scottish Government caved in and settled out of court; therefore the case was dismissed by the judge. It is totally false of Evans to claim that this amounts to Salmond’s other claims being “dismissed” in the sense she intends to convey, and indeed is the opposite of what the Scottish Government’s own QC specifically stated in court. He said that the Government disagreed with Salmond on the other points but that this was “now academic”.

The misrepresentations in Leslie Evans’ statement are simply appalling in a civil servant. She has to go.

All documents in this case should now be released. It is a matter of essential public interest, relating to a politically motivated attempt to impact on the bid for Independence of the entire Scottish nation. One thing that those documents will make clear is whether or not the First Minister’s office was as entirely insulated from events as is claimed.

Nicola Sturgeon must now move to demand the resignation of both Evans and Mackinnon. Both fully deserve to lose their jobs. If Sturgeon moves to protect them, she will attract suspicion that she is motivated by keeping them silent about the extent of her own involvement in the sorry process. To avoid this rumour she has to act swiftly and decisively and invite them to resign tomorrow morning.

I suggested earlier that both would get thrown to the wolves and Murray seems to say that they are absolutely at the heart of this whole thing, and it appears wither orchestrated oe CIA gross misconduct and ineptitude on both parties have allowed and driven this situation.

59 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Anybody join the applause last night? 

Plenty but I think if I gave my wife clap she would kill then divorce me!

Seriously tho, this clapping thing while a welcome visible way of saying thanks is lis in the wind when many who clapped would've voted for the Tories and more privatisation and funding cuts to the services these people provide.

Force the government in the UK for fund it properly.  Its funded better in Scotland but that's our governments choice and they have to cut elsewhere as their budgets get cut constantly.  The argument to tax more up here could be worth discussing if we kept all.our own taxes and revenue.

But force your MP of whatever colour rosette to fund the NHS properly and youd not need the clapping to say thanks.

6 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Give them a clap? Give them the fecking tools and equipment they need to do their job!

Not a word about this from reality star, Ed Balls on The One Show last nite, who was sitting like a long lost uncle, shilling for the Tories!

Some people just can’t put grievance and bitterness aside, even at this time of national crisis. Just one of many examples of such cretinous behaviour  below.....pitiful. As for tools and equipment, I’m sure everyone clapping would be rock solid behind that, although the tories among them would include many hypocrites and the Nationalists would have a much worse crisis given the country would be knee deep in austerity just now due to the reliance on non existent oil revenue. 

B83E7247-8B56-4E5C-8BEF-FD3B26E7E8A5.png.e61e81ece6f0c6d228e60822b35c3241.png

32 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Some people just can’t put grievance and bitterness aside, even at this time of national crisis. 

So it appears with that rant!

You're still allowed to criticise the government if they're not doing enough and make them deliver, not crawl up their backsides! Bozo is out of his depth and weak leaders cost lives.

History has precedent and if we don't learn from it, we're doomed to repeat past mistakes. Who knows where would we be today if Churchill didn't criticise the woeful performance of Chamberlain's appeasement strategy?

But you 'keeeeeeeeeeeeeep dancing' on the IndyBad lino wee man. 9_9 

Edited by Scooter

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

So it appears with that rant!

You're still allowed to criticise the government if they're not doing enough and make them deliver, not crawl up their backsides! Bozo is out of his depth and weak leaders cost lives.

History has precedent and if we don't learn from it, we're doomed to repeat past mistakes. Who knows where would we be today if Churchill didn't criticise the woeful performance of Chamberlain's appeasement strategy?

But you 'keeeeeeeeeeeeeep dancing' on the IndyBad lino wee man. 9_9 

I’ve got no time for this Government at all, but the Nats still making it all about Scotland is pathetic. It’s a bit rich them criticising, though, given they can’t even build a hospital. As for the tories and their supporters, it’s amazing how they expect welfare for themselves, all of a sudden, and it’s not adequate all of a sudden either. Also amazing how collectivism is suddenly in vogue. 
In all of this, thank goodness we had a Labour Government, who created the NHS and the Welfare State that the whole country is now relying on and that New Labour spent the most money ever spent on the NHS while it was in power. Truly the greatest progressive force this country has ever known. Let’s all applaud the a Labour Party!! 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Some people just can’t put grievance and bitterness aside, even at this time of national crisis. Just one of many examples of such cretinous behaviour  below.....pitiful. As for tools and equipment, I’m sure everyone clapping would be rock solid behind that, although the tories among them would include many hypocrites and the Nationalists would have a much worse crisis given the country would be knee deep in austerity just now due to the reliance on non existent oil revenue. 

Jeremy Corbyn says the government's response to coronavirus proves he was "absolutely right" about public spending at the 2019 general election.

The Labour leader told the BBC he had been "denounced as somebody that wanted to spend more money than we could possibly afford" to fix social wrongs.

But he said he had been vindicated by the vast sums the government was spending on the current crisis.

The Tories now realised they had to "invest in the state", he added.

In an interview with BBC's Political Editor Laura Kuenssberg, Mr Corbyn said that the country had been "ill-prepared" for the coronavirus pandemic because of "10 years of austerity, of underfunding the National Health Service and underfunding our benefit system".

Isn't that exactly what Jeremy is doing in his comments above  ?  Except in a national emergency Jeremy would still have been running about like a headless chicken. He was asked to stand up against Brexit when we needed somebody to represent "Remain", but he stood about with his arms folded and basically did nothing. The man is weak, he didn't run the Labour Party, it ran him. No point in saying what the Labour Party did in the past, it is in disarray in Scotland and the rest of the UK. 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

Jeremy Corbyn says the government's response to coronavirus proves he was "absolutely right" about public spending at the 2019 general election.

The Labour leader told the BBC he had been "denounced as somebody that wanted to spend more money than we could possibly afford" to fix social wrongs.

But he said he had been vindicated by the vast sums the government was spending on the current crisis.

The Tories now realised they had to "invest in the state", he added.

In an interview with BBC's Political Editor Laura Kuenssberg, Mr Corbyn said that the country had been "ill-prepared" for the coronavirus pandemic because of "10 years of austerity, of underfunding the National Health Service and underfunding our benefit system".

Isn't that exactly what Jeremy is doing in his comments above  ?  Except in a national emergency Jeremy would still have been running about like a headless chicken. He was asked to stand up against Brexit when we needed somebody to represent "Remain", but he stood about with his arms folded and basically did nothing. The man is weak, he didn't run the Labour Party, it ran him. No point in saying what the Labour Party did in the past, it is in disarray in Scotland and the rest of the UK. 

Totally agree Wrangodog. Johnson wrapped rings round him at every question and he went out with a whimper. I would have loved it at final PMQ's if he had just said "and if you ever point your fat jabbing finger at me again I will kick your f**king head in". Something to remember Jeremy by instead of......let's see........nothing. 

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I’ve got no time for this Government at all, but the Nats still making it all about Scotland is pathetic. It’s a bit rich them criticising, though, given they can’t even build a hospital. As for the tories and their supporters, it’s amazing how they expect welfare for themselves, all of a sudden, and it’s not adequate all of a sudden either. Also amazing how collectivism is suddenly in vogue. 
In all of this, thank goodness we had a Labour Government, who created the NHS and the Welfare State that the whole country is now relying on and that New Labour spent the most money ever spent on the NHS while it was in power. Truly the greatest progressive force this country has ever known. Let’s all applaud the a Labour Party!! 

f**k off with your labour is good point scoring bollox especially, in this time of crisis.

Angus Macneil is right its NHS Scotland, the NHS and NHS Scotland are different entities,  albeit designed for the same purpose.

Your attempt to point score politically at this time is loathsome.

Edited by Beaker71

5 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

When are you fecking going to admit it. The Labour party under Blair & Brown started dismantling the NHS & hived it off to private companies.

You are an absolute feck nugget if you still can't admit this irrefutable fact.

17 hours ago, harley said:

When are you fecking going to admit it. The Labour party under Blair & Brown started dismantling the NHS & hived it off to private companies.

Just blanking facts that dont fit with your own narrative seems to be a primary qualification for these boards.

:)

23 hours ago, harley said:

The biggest increase in spending in history :hurrah: