Closed doors

Killiepies

You vote in the idiots this is the planning you get. Athletico fans (Madrid being a virus hotspot who have closed public gatherings) travelling across europe for a game in England. The horse racing going ahead all week etc.

Games/season should have been cancelled (or at the least postponed) weeks ago, playing behind closed doors is terrible and as shown by the champs league the fans turned up outside the ground anyway making it pointless in terms of stopping the spread.

Blessing in disguise getting knocked out of the Scottish Cup now

I don't want reimbursement for my season ticket. I'd be happy if they allowed my Killie TV subscription to show the home games to make up for the matches I can't see. I buy a season ticket so the club get money. Keep the prices the same next year and I'll be happy.

9 minutes ago, CB said:

Scotland will ban mass gatherings of 500 or more in a bid to combat the spread of coronavirus.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon announced the move will come into effect from next week to take some pressure off frontline healthcare workers.

Ms Sturgeon said: ‘The Health Secretary and I have decided this morning that we are minded that we will advise the cancellation, from the start of next week, of mass gatherings of 500 people or more.

‘Our emergency services are likely to suffer from higher than normal sickness absence rates in the weeks and months ahead and our NHS in particular will be under significant pressure. It’s important we protect that resilience as much as possible.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/12/scotland-bans-mass-gatherings-500-fight-coronavirus-12387556

Can we have 500 in each stand then?

5 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I don't want reimbursement for my season ticket. I'd be happy if they allowed my Killie TV subscription to show the home games to make up for the matches I can't see. I buy a season ticket so the club get money. Keep the prices the same next year and I'll be happy.

Agreed.

Most folk miss more games in a season than the ticket is worth anyway.

Season ticket is a way to support the club - I fail to see why folk would want a refund. It's not like the club have made the decision. It'll be out their hands.

14 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

A bumper crown on Saturday to help the clubs finances? 

I came down with flu (at least I hope it's only flu!) on Sunday still nowhere fully recovered and gutted because this is such a biggie and then the rest of the season might be closed doors You would think that if they introduce closed doors the government will monitor the situation and reverse the decision if things start to improve say in 3 or 4 weeks.

3 minutes ago, killieboy87 said:

Complete agree with what others are saying, would never ask for any money back or discounts off STs.

I do think, if we could put the infrastructure in place, that streaming KTV to all members of the ticketing database would be a good compromise if we end up with closed-doors games.

As UK subs are cheaper than international, because we don't get live pictures. Would a wee PPV fee of £5 per game for UK fans be too much of an ask?

Or is that still cheaper than the int sub. 

For clarity, I paid a year in advance, so that's the numbers I'm working from.

4 minutes ago, killieinkirkie said:

I came down with flu (at least I hope it's only flu!) on Sunday still nowhere fully recovered and gutted because this is such a biggie and then the rest of the season might be closed doors You would think that if they introduce closed doors the government will monitor the situation and reverse the decision if things start to improve say in 3 or 4 weeks.

Things won't improve in 3-4 weeks. 

The Chief Medical Officer suspects that 95% of infections will be within a nine week period from when community transmission becomes established. 

Edited by fraz65

3 minutes ago, CB said:

As UK subs are cheaper than international, because we don't get live pictures. Would a wee PPV fee of £5 per game for UK fans be too much of an ask?

Or is that still cheaper than the int sub. 

For clarity, I paid a year in advance, so that's the numbers I'm working from.

I’d be offering ST holders the stream on their ST. On top of that I don’t see why charging a PPV fee would be unacceptable. 

If the 1500 Saturday blackout is lifted though will Sky and BT be clamouring to show more games and looking for PPV options. Hopefully any streaming option benefits clubs more than anyone. 

Cannot see many ST holders asking for a refund in the circumstances --- going by all the news that is out there - once it is finally confirmed to have closed door games or even postponing games this will be for quite a few weeks and even longer.....most important things in all these actions is for peoples health

Most fans will be aware the club if without match day revenues for a period but with still costs to pay will be short of funds for that period ---perhaps if it continues till the ST renewals open up for the next season

I realise you can't just tear up various TV deals, but imagine these behind-closed-doors games get scheduled consecutively and put on the BBC for free.

People would still get to watch the football and it would encourage people not to go outside to pick doorknobs.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Why start next week and allow 60,000 fans to gather on Sunday? Lunacy.

Either the Old Firm hasn't been considered or it's what has driven the decision. To me it's exactly the event you want to avoid happening. 60k in the stadium, every pub in Glasgow packed.

The English FA after their plans to play behind closed doors and stop transmission in pubs must be looking at us as a nation and thinking we're off our head.