Closed doors

Killiepies

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

Why imo theyd still go down, as the league is in effect stopped.

Or do they stay up and keep.united in the championship for another year.  Either way its be funny as f**k.

My understanding is that basically we wipe the slate and start afresh next season.  No champions, no relegation, no promotion.  This happened in 1939 (I read, I wasn't there) due to Hitler .

31 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Still not sure why this weekend is okay to have crowds but not next. Is there expected to be a significant increase in cases over the next 7 days? What I mean is why wait..why does this weekend go ahead?

It's also a bit surreal that the Republic is on shutdown but N.Ireland isnt.

Couldn't agree more with this. Just cancel it now. An old firm game is about as large as a gathering as you can get. 

Are we really going to put the old firm before the health and well-being of the nation? 

31 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

Still not sure why this weekend is okay to have crowds but not next. Is there expected to be a significant increase in cases over the next 7 days? What I mean is why wait..why does this weekend go ahead?

It's also a bit surreal that the Republic is on shutdown but N.Ireland isnt.

Health officials explained that, at present, there is little extra chances of infection at football matches.  Thus will change as number of cases grows, however biggest saving is not committing police and medics to events, saving them for more important things.  Giving a few days' notice helps with planning.

5 minutes ago, killiekosmos said:

My understanding is that basically we wipe the slate and start afresh next season.  No champions, no relegation, no promotion.  This happened in 1939 (I read, I wasn't there) due to Hitler .

Only five rounds had been played in 1939-40. 

I don't know how the clubs in Division A in 1946-47 were decided but they were not the same as in 1939-40. Most obviously, the size of the division reduced from twenty to sixteen clubs.

16 minutes ago, Charlie's Dad said:

Don't really understand that idea to be honest. The club loses money through no fault of their own and then have to lose even more money before the beginning of next season. 

Aye. Makes no sense a credit note if taken up is in essence a refund. 

25 minutes ago, Charlie's Dad said:

Don't really understand that idea to be honest. The club loses money through no fault of their own and then have to lose even more money before the beginning of next season. 

Let's face it next season is going to be a bloody hard sell after the current season's mess. If the club want to retain close to the current numbers they will need something to persuade people to renew, even a tenner reduction might help. 

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Sonyoud rather taken the existence of the club because of hubris?

Absolute clown

At no point was the existence of the club mentioned in the previous posters post. It alluded to the interim period while games were closed doors. Many players would not be receiving bonuses so would be a basic wage needing covered which we should have a contingency plan for.

I’m a clown for donating to TIK? If more clowns like me donated to TIK the long standing nature of the club would be in a much healthier state.

50 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Let's face it next season is going to be a bloody hard sell after the current season's mess. If the club want to retain close to the current numbers they will need something to persuade people to renew, even a tenner reduction might help. 

Every season as a Killie fan is a hard sell with the odd notable exception.

31 minutes ago, DuncD said:

At no point was the existence of the club mentioned in the previous posters post. It alluded to the interim period while games were closed doors. Many players would not be receiving bonuses so would be a basic wage needing covered which we should have a contingency plan for.

I’m a clown for donating to TIK? If more clowns like me donated to TIK the long standing nature of the club would be in a much healthier state.

Mate I’m in TIK as well but your hubris because of a less than ideal and piss performance from our bird over the last year does you no credit.

id we have zero money coming in then we rely on that board to dip into their pockets or we would not be in good shape, if a small donation from the Trust helps the club see the summer and season through then then other than having MJ in charge we can hardly say no.

2 hours ago, Killie1984 said:

Couldn't agree more with this. Just cancel it now. An old firm game is about as large as a gathering as you can get. 

Are we really going to put the old firm before the health and well-being of the nation? 

You are aware this is Scotland...right?