Closed doors

Killiepies

13 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Whole towns are no go zones because of their ******ed arsewipe followers 

That's just utter nonsense.

I've watched many old firms, in many towns in Scotland and never have I felt like it was a no go zone.

I watched one in Glasgow City Centre prior to Firhiill a few years back and it was Hogmanay and it was fine.

I think you just make stuff up in your head sometimes and sensationalise it.

Bit like Aberdeen's wage bill and their players on £1m+ a year!

2 minutes ago, KennyH80 said:

EFL and EPL calling emergency meetings this morning - suggested both cancelling games for 2 weeks with immediate effect. No way the SPFL can ignore if true. Its a disgrace games are still going ahead in my opinion. 

The SFA/SPFL will get through this weekend and then go with whatever UEFA tell them on Tuesday. If that’s suspending football or playing behind closed doors who knows. The last thing the mob at Hampden want to do is actually make a decision. Stumble along and let UEFA and the government make it for them

43 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

The proposed German plan is an interesting one - 

"Bundesliga considering ending the season and scrapping relegation and promoting 4 teams to top flight for next season"

Not sure I like that idea. I think teams should always know what they are playing for. 
Who is to say the top four teams would have been the same if everyone had known what the potential reward would have been promotion? 

17 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

What if you’re self employed ? 

Self employed are able to make an application for ESA, as announced in the budget. Of course all applications are subject to the terms of application. It is unlikely that all of the applications would be successful.  ESA is less than SSP.

I know mine wouldn't, but I am in the fortunate position that I have savings. This will not be the case for all self employed people.

13 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Maybe we wouldn't have so many games to play if we didn't have a stupid winter shutdown. 

Just saying..... 

Not really.  As of 13/03/2020 - we've played 30 league games.

As of 13/03/2016 (before the winter break was reintroduced) - we'd played 30 league games.
As of 13/03/2015 (before the winter break was reintroduced) - we'd played 28 league games.

50 minutes ago, Lions13 said:

Self employed are able to make an application for ESA, as announced in the budget. Of course all applications are subject to the terms of application. It is unlikely that all of the applications would be successful.  ESA is less than SSP.

I know mine wouldn't, but I am in the fortunate position that I have savings. This will not be the case for all self employed people.

The application process undoubtedly will be laborious and drawn out . I know of several very small businesses that will struggle with less footfall and cancelled appointments , the owners of which are already living week by week . The ESA payments won’t cover the rent in some cases never mind wages , rates , electricity , gas etc etc .

Lots of small businesses will close due to this unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, DAVE_T said:

Anyone any idea about the clubs insurance and if it would cover any loss from playing behind closed door.

Our insurance at work includes Business Interruption and the relevant clause is  

Public Authority- e. loss of income due to your inability to use the venue due to restrictions imposed by a public authority following-

ii. an occurrence of a notifiable human disease.

I would imagine/hope that the club have similar cover

31 minutes ago, undefined said:

Not really.  As of 13/03/2020 - we've played 30 league games.

As of 13/03/2016 (before the winter break was reintroduced) - we'd played 30 league games.
As of 13/03/2015 (before the winter break was reintroduced) - we'd played 28 league games.

Cheers StattoxD

Still want the winter shutdown binned though.