Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, C4mmy31 said:

Are you not contradicting yourself here ? 

I don't think so. We've allocated two stands to the Old Firm for the time we've been back in the SPL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

Are you not contradicting yourself here ? 

But I can see your point, if you take the view that giving the Old Firm two stands is essentially conceding the stadium to them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

I've supported Killie for over thirty years. During that period there have been times when but for a goal either way (v Falkirk) or a fortunate signing (Kevin Kyle) we could have faced financial insolvency through relegation. 

I want the club to do everything we can to maximise match day revenue. We have an 18,000 seat stadium and we should be using this to our advantage.

This doesn't mean giving the whole ground to the Old Firm, but continuing with the same policy on away ticket allocation that we've had for 25 years doesn't seem unreasonable to me. 

It's a fans forum and there should be a range of opinions. 

 

It can seem completely reasonable to you all you want, it doesn’t change the fact that we have a better chance of winning  games when playing the old firm if it doesn’t feel like we are the away team

Add in the benefit that the killie fans attending feel safer and have a better experience and you’ll see why the killie trust asked the board to look at doing this and why the board agreed.

At the On Board, In Person meeting on Thursday Cathy indicated the board feels justified in doing what they have done and gave no indication they were regretting it or considering changing their minds.

The plans for the changes at the rear of the Moffat are an indication of that and will make giving the old firm both ends again extremely unlikely.

Give it up, your flogging a dead horse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fraz65 said:

But I can see your point, if you take the view that giving the Old Firm two stands is essentially conceding the stadium to them. 

probably closer to 2.5 stands with those who infiltrate the FB & East stand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gordon4418 said:

It can seem completely reasonable to you all you want, it doesn’t change the fact that we have a better chance of winning  games when playing the old firm if it doesn’t feel like we are the away team

Add in the benefit that the killie fans attending feel safer and have a better experience and you’ll see why the killie trust asked the board to look at doing this and why the board agreed.

At the On Board, In Person meeting on Thursday Cathy indicated the board feels justified in doing what they have done and gave no indication they were regretting it or considering changing their minds.

The plans for the changes at the rear of the Moffat are an indication of that and will make giving the old firm both ends again extremely unlikely.

Give it up, your flogging a dead horse.

I can appreciate all of these arguments.

However, there's no getting away from the fact that we would be in a better position financially to deal with the shutdown if we had sold an additional 11,000 (by my estimate) tickets to home games. 

Why is nobody advocating for reducing the allocation to the top tier of the Chadwick Stand? That way there would be less chance of pitch invasions and club property being damaged. There seems to be a uniformity of opinion that has stifled debate on this issue. 

Edited by fraz65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

I can appreciate all of these arguments.

However, there's no getting away from the fact that we would be in a better position financially to deal with the shutdown if we had sold an additional 11,000 (by my estimate) tickets to home games. 

Why is nobody advocating for reducing the allocation to the top tier of the Chadwick Stand? That way there would be less chance of pitch invasions and club property being damaged. There seems to be a uniformity of opinion that has stifled debate on this issue. 

I would dispute your 11,000 figure as it will be offset by a increased number of home supporters as a consequence of doing this, as well as increased revenues by selling season tickets for the Moffat stand which included games against both cheeks. 

IMO it is a great decision by the board, as leaving the ground without having to walk through them is a far better and safer experience, and one I am happy to pay a bit extra for in terms of a season ticket to keep in place. 

If you look after your own fans it will make it easier to retain them in the longer term.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fraz65 said:

I don't think so. We've allocated two stands to the Old Firm for the time we've been back in the SPL. 

Except for the early years when they got the Chadwick and the wee section of the East.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Pelesboots said:

I would dispute your 11,000 figure as it will be offset by a increased number of home supporters as a consequence of doing this, as well as increased revenues by selling season tickets for the Moffat stand which included games against both cheeks. 

IMO it is a great decision by the board, as leaving the ground without having to walk through them is a far better and safer experience, and one I am happy to pay a bit extra for in terms of a season ticket to keep in place. 

If you look after your own fans it will make it easier to retain them in the longer term.  

I was basing it on a rough calculation I did of average attendances for Old Firm games this season compared with last season.

It came out at 11,800. 

Edited by fraz65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with the comment above about deaths.

However we have cut their allocation by 4000 on a game by game basis, and our home crowd is up by 2000 for these games.

Get real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gordon4418 said:

It can seem completely reasonable to you all you want, it doesn’t change the fact that we have a better chance of winning  games when playing the old firm if it doesn’t feel like we are the away team

Add in the benefit that the killie fans attending feel safer and have a better experience and you’ll see why the killie trust asked the board to look at doing this and why the board agreed.

At the On Board, In Person meeting on Thursday Cathy indicated the board feels justified in doing what they have done and gave no indication they were regretting it or considering changing their minds.

The plans for the changes at the rear of the Moffat are an indication of that and will make giving the old firm both ends again extremely unlikely.

Give it up, your flogging a dead horse.

He doesn't even go to games but lecturing those who do what we should do for these games. 

Thankfully he's onto plums as the board will thankfully keep Moffat as family stand for these games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Except for the early years when they got the Chadwick and the wee section of the East.

And the games we never even opened Moffat as it wasn't needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son started going to games 3 years ago but was never all that fussed about the OF games because of the intimidating match day experience but now since the change to only one stand, his attitude has changed towards these games. I’ve heard the same story from several other parents of young kids. Surely, long term this will help increase attendance and eventually negate any extra cash we would be getting from OF., so please keep the faith.

If we don’t try and change things, nothing will ever change!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He doesn't even go to games but lecturing those who do what we should do for these games. 

Thankfully he's onto plums as the board will thankfully keep Moffat as family stand for these games.

Expressing an opinion that differs to yours is hardly lecturing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the redevelopment imminent behind the Moffat the arguement for or against filling the stand with old firm will soon become a moot point anyway.

Unless of course the plans are "corona'ed" till a later date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

With the redevelopment imminent behind the Moffat the arguement for or against filling the stand with old firm will soon become a moot point anyway.

Unless of course the plans are "corona'ed" till a later date.

Ha! i see what you did there ;-)

I would imagine that will be the case. Any investment which is deemed non-football / running of the club critical will need to be cancelled until further notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, fraz65 said:

I've supported Killie for over thirty years. During that period there have been times when but for a goal either way (v Falkirk) or a fortunate signing (Kevin Kyle) we could have faced financial insolvency through relegation. 

I want the club to do everything we can to maximise match day revenue. We have an 18,000 seat stadium and we should be using this to our advantage.

This doesn't mean giving the whole ground to the Old Firm, but continuing with the same policy on away ticket allocation that we've had for 25 years doesn't seem unreasonable to me. 

It's a fans forum and there should be a range of opinions. 

 

Easy to say from Australia!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bullitt said:

Easy to say from Australia!

The Old Firm were my main reason for leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 4:09 AM, fraz65 said:

Expressing an opinion that differs to yours is hardly lecturing. 

Thankfully nobody at Killie shares your opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 11:08 PM, No.1 Jimmy said:

My son started going to games 3 years ago but was never all that fussed about the OF games because of the intimidating match day experience but now since the change to only one stand, his attitude has changed towards these games. I’ve heard the same story from several other parents of young kids. Surely, long term this will help increase attendance and eventually negate any extra cash we would be getting from OF., so please keep the faith.

If we don’t try and change things, nothing will ever change!

This!

I have been aware of the intimidating atmosphere at these games and always treated this as one important reason that I should be there even if we do get gubbed regularly. However I would not have taken my weans to such games (if I had had any) and fully understand everybody with a family giving the great unwashed a huge body swerve.   

There will inevitably be a cash hit but it depends on whether your primary focus has to be on maximising income (short term survival) or you have the ability to focus on community engagement (ensuring the long term future).

Edited by gdevoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2020 at 7:05 PM, C4mmy31 said:

probably closer to 2.5 stands with those who infiltrate the FB & East stand

Never many if any in east stand recently 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2020 at 11:08 PM, No.1 Jimmy said:

My son started going to games 3 years ago but was never all that fussed about the OF games because of the intimidating match day experience but now since the change to only one stand, his attitude has changed towards these games. I’ve heard the same story from several other parents of young kids. Surely, long term this will help increase attendance and eventually negate any extra cash we would be getting from OF., so please keep the faith.

If we don’t try and change things, nothing will ever change!

This x 1000, nothing worse than trudging back to the bus stop amongst those mutants and getting abuse for being an

Ayrshire Tim, or an Ayrshire DOB.  Being spay at and having to bite your tongue as you couldn't take 6 of them.

Absolute vermin, and the less of these absolute arseholes at our ground the better,  especially as most of the f**kers stay locally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


The Killie Trust

KFC Supporters Association

Young Kilmarnock

FC Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock FC (Official)

×