All scottish games cancelled

Calummoore86

5 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

That's a get out and a half.

How can you take out insurance to cover for such events but then when its needed refuse to pay because the virus in question wasn't discovered yet?

Killie don't even insure some of their players. Hardly likely to be insured against something like this.

Just now, CB said:

Was it not under MJ that we did that?

Should never happen, yes we have employers liability insurance but that’s a general thing.  Surely as a sports organisation we have insured our assets against loss, that’s basic business sense and I cannot imagine PM or CJ allowing this to be the case.

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

Derek McInnes talking a lot of sense on Sportsound tonight. “Season needs to be completed, once it’s safe to do so. We can’t just write it off this far in, and next season should be amended accordingly” to paraphrase 

A rat that talks!?

3 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

That’s absolutely shocking then, really really piss poor business practise and also imo a dereliction if their duty of care as a decent employer.

You seem surprised. I know of one player with first team experience who was told he wasn't insured last season when it was needed. No idea if this is widespread in the squad.

Just now, MJout said:

You seem surprised. I know of one player with first team experience who was told he wasn't insured last season when it was needed. No idea if this is widespread in the squad.

I am genuinely shocked and actually quite angry that my club doesn’t seem to consider it has a duty of care for the future wellbeing of its employees which could be considerably impacted by their efforts for us on the field.

I work in oil and gas, and the basic benefits include life insurance at 4x gross salary, healthcare, other insurances which mean that as an asset of the company we are looked after.  This isn’t altruistic it’s about getting their valued staff back to work quicker, and keeping those they value.

its abysmal that basic insurance for serious injury isn’t afforded to our players, key or otherwise.

5 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I am genuinely shocked and actually quite angry that my club doesn’t seem to consider it has a duty of care for the future wellbeing of its employees which could be considerably impacted by their efforts for us on the field.

I work in oil and gas, and the basic benefits include life insurance at 4x gross salary, healthcare, other insurances which mean that as an asset of the company we are looked after.  This isn’t altruistic it’s about getting their valued staff back to work quicker, and keeping those they value.

its abysmal that basic insurance for serious injury isn’t afforded to our players, key or otherwise.

I totally agree. Another example of how the club is run by amateurs.

36 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Maybe you should be shocked and angry after asking someone from the club the question instead of taking the word of some random on the internet (no offence).

Are we not talking two different things here?

If a player gets injured, he still gets fully paid under the contract he agreed with the club until that contract runs out.

If you are talking about the club insuring themselves against having to pay a player who is injured that is a totally different thing.

Football players are more like contract worker/self employed people than full time staff.

17 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

Are we not talking two different things here?

If a player gets injured, he still gets fully paid under the contract he agreed with the club until that contract runs out.

If you are talking about the club insuring themselves against having to pay a player who is injured that is a totally different thing.

Football players are more like contract worker/self employed people than full time staff.

Talking about club not taking insurance to cover player injury. ie to cover cost of operations etc etc.

42 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

Maybe you should be shocked and angry after asking someone from the club the question instead of taking the word of some random on the internet (no offence).

no offence taken

I’m sure the club pays the cost of any surgery a player requires. 

The only insurance I can think of which might be relevant would be Personal Accident, to pay players benefits if they are temporarily or permanently disabled when playing for the club. 

Edited by skygod

While extending the season seems like a sensible decision, is is fraught with problems.

Players' holidays ; players' contracts; relegation/ promotion/play offs/ European places being affected by out of contract players being unavailable; inability to sign players due to next year's budget/division not being clear; players' health (burn out: injuries) ; European qualifying rounds; ;  and I'm sure there are many more.

If restrictions get lifted sometime in April I'd expect midweek/ weekend games every week to complete the season by the end of May with the Scottish Cup postponed to the new season.  Any later then I doubt the fixtures will (can) be fulfilled.

Edited by MrTumnus

2 minutes ago, MrTumnus said:

While extending the season seems like a sensible decision, is is fraught with problems.

Players' holidays ; players' contracts; relegation/ promotion/play offs/ European places being affected by out of contract players being unavailable; inability to sign players due to next year's budget/division not being clear; players' health (burn out: injuries) ; European qualifying rounds; ;  and I'm sure there are many more.

If restrictions get lifted sometime in April I'd expect midweek/ weekend games every week to complete the season by the end of May with the Scottish Cup postponed to the new season.  Any later then I doubt the fixtures will (can) be fulfilled.

It could potentially end up something crazy like playing Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday to make up the games. Do the juniors not end up doing this at times with the backlog of fixtures

10 hours ago, piffer said:

It could potentially end up something crazy like playing Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday to make up the games. Do the juniors not end up doing this at times with the backlog of fixtures

With our small squad, not an ideal scenario. 

As an aside, how would people feel about buying next season’s season ticket now? You’d have no idea how many games you’d see or in which league, but you could be helping the club through a difficult period. 

Have seen the idea argued that shorten next season to just play each team twice and finish the current one first. Fascinated to see where this goes - an outcome is going to be unfair on someone. 

I'm a little bit releived that we won't get dragged into a relegation fight by the looks of things... 

Fairest way for this one would be for one season to have a larger league for one season next year. So as it stands Dundee Utd get up. Hearts stay up. Bring up the three other teams from the championship, Ayr, Inverness and Dundee. So you've now got a 16 team Premier league. Play each other twice. That's 30 games, Have a top 8 split. 7 games each. That's 37 games as opposed to 38. Old firm and TV companies won't be happy but this is the fairest way. You'd still get three old firm derbies plus 3 Ayrshire, Edinburgh and Dundee derbies.