Club Finances

kfc_superteam

9 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Let's be honest its times like these when wanks like Doncaster should and will absolutely need to earn their dough. 

Next season prices will increase to try and catch up, Doncaster isn’t savvy enough to know how to negotiate on behalf of “his” representative clubs and this will be his only advise.

Reckon  we could be around 100K down from matches against St.Mirren, Livi, and then presumably Hearts, Hamilton and (maybe) St.Johnstone. Of these obviously St.Mirren and Hearts would have brought decent supports while Livi, Hamilton and St.Johnstone would be very low on away fans. Walk ups probably not large on the home side. 

With the Trust being able to put in £50K it is certainly a big help. Must be a knock on effect on revenue for pubs in the town, as well as restaurants etc losing out on normal matchday income as well. 

We should have enough in reserve to tide us over for a time with the current loss of these matches, but of course we dont know how long this will go on for, and when matches might start up again.

If this goes on for months as predicted then the whole football community need to rethink everything in terms of finance. 

cant have teams paying players 300k per week and other teams one or two leagues below going bust, it’s no longer sustainable. This is obviously English figures but same goes for Scottish game  but on a smaller scale. 

4 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You'd need to be extremely gullible to believe the Chinese figures. 

If China hadn't radically slowed the pandemic, they would currently have cases in the millions if January's growth rate had continued. 

They've either falsified data on millions of patients, without the WHO knowing despite several visits, or the reported rates are true. 

Edited by fraz65

Cancelled all my football subscriptions in the USA except my tik and killietv subscription. Wonder if the club could create some content on killietv and encourage fans to subscribe to make up some of the difference. 

could do a series tied into our 150 year anniversary. I know it’s short notice, but just a thought. 

Edited by thesnowman21

9 hours ago, fraz65 said:

If China hadn't radically slowed the pandemic, they would currently have cases in the millions if January's growth rate had continued. 

They've either falsified data on millions of patients, without the WHO knowing despite several visits, or the reported rates are true. 

40 years ago all we would've heard about was a tragic massive industrial accident that has wiped put wuhan city.

China are not beyond mass genocide of their own population.

26 minutes ago, historyman said:

Best idea I’ve heard for a while. 
His wages are a disgrace compared to the turnover of the organisation. 

Completely agree

Who is setting the wages and allowing idiots like him in though? That’s where the real problem lies

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

40 years ago all we would've heard about was a tragic massive industrial accident that has wiped put wuhan city.

China are not beyond mass genocide of their own population.

Is there not already a mass genocide taking place in China, prior to Corona?

1 hour ago, fraz65 said:

Is there not already a mass genocide taking place in China, prior to Corona?

Think you’ll find that the Chinese see this as re education of ethnic Muslims . Tommy Robinson et al would undoubtedly approve unfortunately 

Edited by Bonbon19

29 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

When we do resume football I would like to see a great big family fun day before and after the game. I’ve missed all the banter and meeting my fellow Killie fans. Hope everyone is feeling ok. Stay safe and let’s look after one another :hurrah::hurrah::hurrah:

Great post Alan, all the best to you

Hearts, like their brothers in Glasgow, seem incapable of running their club properly. I read somewhere a while ago that 93% of their turnover goes on player wages which was more than any other side. They clearly have been budgeting for the top four finish a club that size should be getting every single season which again is gross neglect.

I also note that all staff are taking a cut. So the cleaner is working for 18k a year while Naismith takes a 2k paycut and still walks away with over 100k a year... that in itself is unfair. He will likely walk anyway, he has previous for leaving sinking ships!