Club Finances

kfc_superteam

23 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Hearts, like their brothers in Glasgow, seem incapable of running their club properly. I read somewhere a while ago that 93% of their turnover goes on player wages which was more than any other side. They clearly have been budgeting for the top four finish a club that size should be getting every single season which again is gross neglect.

I also note that all staff are taking a cut. So the cleaner is working for 18k a year while Naismith takes a 2k paycut and still walks away with over 100k a year... that in itself is unfair. He will likely walk anyway, he has previous for leaving sinking ships!

Budge has been given a comfy ride in the press as the saviour of Hearts, since 2014 her management of the club questionable - mind the fiasco about Tynecastle not being ready. They budget to Finish 4th, which is mental for a club that were in the Championship recently.  Levein hung around too long and is still the director of football and was happy to take all the flack. when the clubs been built on the same glory hunting, debt ridden ethos Romanov or before him Chris Robinson ran Hearts upon.  Naismith and the high earners have relegation release clauses .

Like I mentioned on another thread, we have a few players out of contract and in addition a few loan players who will drop off. Wages will drop and possibly puts us in the pole position to sign those players who will be out of contract already here at super killie.

Positivity is paramount when facing so many obstacles. In reality, I believe we are in a better position than a lot of other clubs looking at the short term and short to medium term. 

Oh and great idea Alan 

3 hours ago, skygod said:

I think the next Killie team we see take the field will look very different.

I think that’s probable Skydog.

In the event that we can’t play games before players’ contracts run out (for Killie and other teams), it may actually not make sense to finish this season and start afresh next season.

Reading on the BBC website the SFA are to share out £1.5million between clubs. Not sure if that will be evenly or different amounts to different clubs. That money should be payed later in the year but they are bringing it forward.

On Hearts I'm starting to think they are playing an underhand game. They are stuck with a group of overpaid duds. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this is an effort to force them out the door. When things like this happen are there not options for players to get out of contracts? When the story broke about the pay cuts one paper ran a story soon after about players Hearts were desperate to get rid of. 

5 minutes ago, piffer said:

Reading on the BBC website the SFA are to share out £1.5million between clubs. Not sure if that will be evenly or different amounts to different clubs. That money should be payed later in the year but they are bringing it forward.

On Hearts I'm starting to think they are playing an underhand game. They are stuck with a group of overpaid duds. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this is an effort to force them out the door. When things like this happen are there not options for players to get out of contracts? When the story broke about the pay cuts one paper ran a story soon after about players Hearts were desperate to get rid of. 

Mirrors Sevco

30 minutes ago, piffer said:

I think you might be right here.

The BBC report states :

"Those who feel "unable or unwilling" to accept the cut, will be offered the chance to leave the club."

What a generous 'offer'.

5 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I think you might be right here.

The BBC report states :

"Those who feel "unable or unwilling" to accept the cut, will be offered the chance to leave the club."

What a generous 'offer'.

Or they can sit tight and take their full wages as per the contract.

Edited by Twonky65

2 hours ago, casual observer said:

Why is it unfair that someone with a hard to recruit talent gets more than a (let’s be honest) unskilled employee. If they swapped jobs would Naismith be able to clean better than the cleaner would be able to be Hearts best footballer?

It seems a fairly Communist viewpoint. 

You completely missed the point being made. Youth players are not being paid and those on little money have to take cuts which could potentially lead to them being unable to keep a household running. Had the first team taken the hit they would still be able to live in absolute luxury with a salary that would dwarf 90% of folk in Scotland.

I bet the cleaner still has to work which will be more than the players are doing!

*seems even their previous chairman has said the same thing... hardest hit isn't the players.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ann-budges-hearts-spending-questioned-21716106.amp?1=&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Bullitt
Added article

Cathy Jamieson has already seen the people of Kilmarnock pull together to aid their club.

And, as fears grow over the future of other outfits across the country due to a potential financial crisis brought about the game grinding to a halt, she believes the collective spirit of Scottish football’s loyal fanbase will help the game pull through these troubled times.

The Rugby Park director has been swamped by Killie backers coming out to support their club.

Within days of the game being stopped due to coronavirus, the board was offering heartfelt thanks to The Killie Trust for bringing forward a scheduled handover of £40,000.

The Trust also donated a further £10,000 of general funds to the Premiership club after a vote held saw 98 per cent support the proposal.

Personal donations have been made and, incredibly, fans have been in touch to say they’ll put their hands in their pockets for season-tickets for NEXT season even though they don’t even know when this term will be finished.

Jamieson takes inspiration from the attitude of the people at this stage and has total faith in the fact the same things will be happening across the country at other clubs as football unites in its time of need.

She explained: “We have been so heartened by the response of our fans. Their approach is, ‘look we know it is going to be tough, we know you are not coming as a club asking us to do anything at this stage, but here’s what we can do’.

“The Trust brought forward their finances and we are beginning to see the fans of other clubs setting up Just Giving sites or different things.

“We’ve seen a huge surge in the number of people joining the Killie Trust. Other people increasing their monthly subscriptions to Trust in Killie, people giving one-off donations.

"I’ve had people contacting me saying that anyone suggesting there should be refunds for season-tickets is just talking rubbish and wrong. We don’t want that to happen and we’re also ready to buy our season-ticket for next year as we know the club depends on those monies coming in.

“Football fans always say they have the right to shout and moan and criticise for 90 minutes of a match and some do, but when push comes to shove, I’ve literally seen people put their hands into their own pockets to help.

“There’s been a simple message from a couple along the lines of just wanting the club to be there. I’d hope, and I believe that’s no different across the country.

“People generally are starting to appreciate the wider issue at the moment and that’s not just in football.

“It doesn’t help anyone to be in panic mode. There are bigger issues out there. We are facing a difficult set of circumstances. People are worried about livelihoods and families and it doesn’t help if football goes into panic mode.

"It shows that fans are taking a sensible and supportive approach and it’s about being calm and measured and working through things at this moment in time.”

The backing of the local community is a key source of comfort to Killie as they now try to move forward.

Senior management from across the football club attended a meeting yesterday to try and draw up plans for the immediate future.

Player contracts, season-ticket plans and a return to the game were, as at all clubs at the moment, the main topics of debate.

Although Jamieson is aware there are bigger worries at play here in the wider world, times are tricky for football and cool heads need to make crunch calls.

She said: “Obviously, at this moment, we are still in uncertain times. The words that came from UEFA and their plans, they’ll be keeping that under review. I would suspect nothing will be as cut and dried as knowing when games will take place.

“I would be surprised if we were back to normality at that stage, so what we are doing at Kilmarnock as many other clubs will be doing is beginning to take stock of what the impact is going to be.

“How we plan to deal with issues over what could be a fairly prolonged closed-down period. Obviously at a club such as ourselves, we don’t have debt, but we rely on income coming in from our hospitality side, from matchdays, from sponsors and so on.

"This is the time of the year when we’d normally be ready to launch our season-ticket campaign, looking at our sponsorships for the year ahead and all of that. There’s an impact for everyone is business and these can have a knock-on to football.

“We know we have really good relationships with local business and community and we are all going to rally around with each other to have support going forward.

“This is a time when we’d be planning ahead and, like every cub, finances have to be managed through those times.

“Myself, the other directors, our head of football operations and manager will be sitting to discuss the steps needed to be taken in the short-term and how do we plan our way through this.”

(Daily Record)

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 9:54 PM, killie billies pal said:

Next season prices will increase to try and catch up, Doncaster isn’t savvy enough to know how to negotiate on behalf of “his” representative clubs and this will be his only advise.

Season ticket sales will be massively down next season regardless of prices.

Will take a long time for some people to get over the financial implications of this sadly and paying £350+ for a season ticket will be nowhere near the top of the priority list.

I can see me taking a serious hit on away games for starters.

Agree with Squirrelhumper, there is much being stated about the clubs suffering financial hardship and it will be sore on them but many of the much maligned fans will take a massive hit over the coming months....as much as I sympathise with the players and staff at the club's there are quite a few who won't die a Winter...season tickets and away gates will be lower next season and clubs will have to vector that in and cut their cloth to suit..

Edited by Arderkilliesier

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Will take a long time for some people to get over the financial implications of this sadly and paying £350+ for a season ticket will be nowhere near the top of the priority list.

I agree, football in this country will be totally different going forward. I can see Killie and many other clubs essentially becoming part time. The current financial model will be blown out of the water.

6 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You’ll still be there squirrel , what would the 20/20 do without you , I agree with season tickets ours for sure will be well down I’d expect, to me last year was the peak 

It is indeed going to be a totally different landscape on the 'other side' of this. As others have said ST purchases will be well down the list of priorities for many people. We have no idea at this stage when it will even be possible for clubs to put an ST package together. Some clubs won't even survive the gap. We 'should' still be here as a club, but quite what the financial picture will be for us, and Scottish football as whole is anyone's guess.

It will be a surreal situation when football in whatever form finally returns. Could take a while to get back to anything like 'normality', and folks thoughts about the game will be put on hold for a while yet.

I wonder if we have anything like this written into our player contracts ?.....

Hearts players are seeking legal advice as a clause in their contract states wages can be suspended.

"All contracts in Scotland are ratified by the game’s authorities and include the following clause: “In the event of the Scottish FA deciding that the game shall be suspended, either entirely or in any district or district as provided for in the articles of association of the Scottish FA, this agreement shall be correspondingly suspended, unless the club is exempted from such suspension or the club otherwise determines.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-players-seek-legal-advice-over-contract-clause-stating-wages-can-be-suspended-2502446

I'd imagine a lengthy legal battle will ensue.....

Edited by C4mmy31

3 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

SSN reporting Aberdeen face losing £5m and are fighting for their future ......

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11789/11962339/coronavirus-aberdeen-fighting-to-secure-clubs-future

Their new stadium and training centre coupled to £1.2m per month running costs could finish them.

Here’s hoping, self entitled w@nkers

26 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11789/11962339/coronavirus-aberdeen-fighting-to-secure-clubs-future

Their new stadium and training centre coupled to £1.2m per month running costs could finish them.

Them and Sevco, and taking the Jambos again would be epic.  All three are a shower of entitled tossers.

48 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I smell scare mongering by Cormack to get fans to chip in and acquire some funds from a "mystery" benefactor. 

He's not daft it's one of the most affluent areas of the country with no rivals nearby. 

49 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

I smell scare mongering by Cormack to get fans to chip in and acquire some funds from a "mystery" benefactor. 

He's not daft it's one of the most affluent areas of the country with no rivals nearby. 

I told folks on here that Cormack was horrified when he say how much their budget was and how much some in that squad were being paid not including their overall bonuses.

I got roundly abused for it, I got it from someone who works for the club, amongst whom it was widely known.

33 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

I told folks on here that Cormack was horrified when he say how much their budget was and how much some in that squad were being paid not including their overall bonuses.

I got roundly abused for it, I got it from someone who works for the club, amongst whom it was widely known.

No, you got grief for suggesting they had several players on £1m+ a year.

That is not the same thing.