Club Finances

kfc_superteam

• 2 weeks later...

Might be a mute point in Scotland were seems little chance of current season starting back again at all .....and even IF any attended games allowed next season till later in the year at best....but for other leagues who due to TV rights payment problems are still trying to find a way to play out season at some point ...... even with closed door games in July

seems new FIFA rules set to be approved where Player contracts set to come to an end this summer will be automatically extended IF any relevant football authority extends thier current domestic league season , along with the summer transfer window extended in line with any changes to current end and next league season start date changes.

———-

Another Scottish club joining this furlough scheme 

St Mirren have put the vast majority of their playing and non-playing staff on furlough leave, but will make up the shortfall in wages.

The Job Retention Scheme will pay 80% of their salaries up to a monthly sum of £2,500 and the Scottish Premiership side will "make up any difference".

Edited by Scouser2

Kilmarnock are monitoring the situation, but currently continue to pay all staff and players full wages. Although the club say "all options are on the table"; once decision-making over the future of the SPFL league season becomes clearer, the possibility of furloughing staff is likely to increase.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/11969305/premiership-clubs-furlough-pay-cuts-deferrals

I would expect every club in the country to furlough their staff (both non-playing and playing) eventually. This isn’t the kinda thing that is going to be finished within a month. The ideal and most likely approach in my opinion will be to finish this season no matter what and work a rejigged season for 2020/21. Whether that means no split or whatever I don’t know, I just think in the interest of fairness every party will be looking to conclude this season

Edited by leeriddick7

For most clubs Furlough is the sensible option. We dont have millions in the bank to dip into and i think Furlough should be seen as a good thing, if used correctly by those who need it. Celtic boast about having millions in the bank so theoretically they should be one of the last to put their staff onto Furlough. Id expect every club in Scotland to put staff onto it by May. This situation is far from being sorted. Rumors Ibrox has had its pitch ripped up this week, so they aren't preparing for any football soon. 

Interesting articles have been posted regarding Liverpool and Spurs and how a drop in wages would actually be bad for the NHS (losing tax and national insurance pay on the proposed 30%). The bigger earners should be looking to donate their wages which have already paid tax to keep non playing staff at 100% earnings. 

2 hours ago, KennyH80 said:

Id expect every club in Scotland to put staff onto it by May.

May is a bit late because, at present, the scheme only runs for three months from 1 March.

Applications can be backdated to 1 March but are only valid from the date when furlough commenced.

Edited by skygod

On 3/18/2020 at 9:46 PM, casual observer said:

Why is it unfair that someone with a hard to recruit talent gets more than a (let’s be honest) unskilled employee. If they swapped jobs would Naismith be able to clean better than the cleaner would be able to be Hearts best footballer?

It seems a fairly Communist viewpoint. 

Cos he looks like an angry wee rat that’s just had its tail stood on.

7 minutes ago, Killjoy1869 said:

Have just announced that all first team staff amongst others are being furloughed.

sensible option at this time when they cannot do their jobs

Reading the announcement it’s looking like a sensible approach and one that has been thought about and not rushed into. 

Statement from Billy Bowie, Cathy Jamieson and Phyllis McLeish

We hope that all Kilmarnock supporters and their loved ones are keeping safe and well in these unprecedented times.

As the Covid-19 pandemic continues and following today’s SPFL conference call, discussions remain ongoing over how and when the 2019/20 season will be resolved and the 2020/21 campaign will begin.

During a period where the club has no income, we will utilise the Government’s Job Retention Scheme with our first-team squad, coaching staff, Academy employees and the majority of administration staff placed on furlough leave through the remainder of April and May.

The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme will mean that 80 percent of the salaries of furloughed staff, up to £2,500 per month per individual, will be paid by the government. The club will top up the money received from the scheme to ensure that all furloughed staff receive 100% of their usual salary.

Under the terms of the programme, during this time furloughed staff will not be allowed to carry out work for the club. A small number of employees, including Alex Dyer and James Fowler, will continue to work from home while fully following Government guidelines and advice.

Speaking on behalf of the Board, Billy Bowie said: “We have taken the time to properly assess the situation, including detailed discussions with PFA Scotland, and have made every effort to ensure that we do the right thing by our players as well as our loyal staff.

“As a Board, it is our duty to support our staff and ensure the long-term sustainability of the club while also doing our best to look after our partners in the community.

“We have been blown away by the support of our fans during these tough times and we look forward to a day when we will be able to safely return to watching football together at Rugby Park.”

Until then, please stay safe, protect the NHS and key workers and save lives.

Edited by skygod

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

Statement from Billy Bowie, Cathy Jamieson and Phyllis McLeish

We hope that all Kilmarnock supporters and their loved ones are keeping safe and well in these unprecedented times.

As the Covid-19 pandemic continues and following today’s SPFL conference call, discussions remain ongoing over how and when the 2019/20 season will be resolved and the 2020/21 campaign will begin.

During a period where the club has no income, we will utilise the Government’s Job Retention Scheme with our first-team squad, coaching staff, Academy employees and the majority of administration staff placed on furlough leave through the remainder of April and May.

The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme will mean that 80 percent of the salaries of furloughed staff, up to £2,500 per month per individual, will be paid by the government. The club will top up the money received from the scheme to ensure that all furloughed staff receive 100% of their usual salary.

Under the terms of the programme, during this time furloughed staff will not be allowed to carry out work for the club. A small number of employees, including Alex Dyer and James Fowler, will continue to work from home while fully following Government guidelines and advice.

Speaking on behalf of the Board, Billy Bowie said: “We have taken the time to properly assess the situation, including detailed discussions with PFA Scotland, and have made every effort to ensure that we do the right thing by our players as well as our loyal staff.

“As a Board, it is our duty to support our staff and ensure the long-term sustainability of the club while also doing our best to look after our partners in the community.

“We have been blown away by the support of our fans during these tough times and we look forward to a day when we will be able to safely return to watching football together at Rugby Park.”

Until then, please stay safe, protect the NHS and key workers and save lives.

Absolutely the right thing to do. After all why wouldn't you furlough all staff. It's a grant after all, not a loan, so won't have to be paid back. It makes sense for BB as will not have a bottomless pit of money

11 minutes ago, BelieveToAchieve said:

What's equally interesting is that re-laying a football pitch is considered "essential work". O.o

What is essential work .My window cleaner is still doing his round ,some local factories are still open ,non essential shops open and I would have been working in a non essential industry if they could get basic material .I thought you were allowed to work as long as you could social distance and were provided with the correct PPE 

12 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

What is essential work .My window cleaner is still doing his round ,some local factories are still open ,non essential shops open and I would have been working in a non essential industry if they could get basic material .I thought you were allowed to work as long as you could social distance and were provided with the correct PPE 

It’s open to interpretation and manipulation. NHS, Care staff, utilities, supermarkets, food chain are top category key workers on the list we got sent. That seemed pretty clear but below that it gets murky. Those listed need support infrastructure and those in turn will need support.

Certainly relaying a pitch doesn’t look like key work. I’m aware of other places local to me taking advantage of closure to get work done.

19 minutes ago, piffer said:

It’s open to interpretation and manipulation. NHS, Care staff, utilities, supermarkets, food chain are top category key workers on the list we got sent. That seemed pretty clear but below that it gets murky. Those listed need support infrastructure and those in turn will need support.

Certainly relaying a pitch doesn’t look like key work. I’m aware of other places local to me taking advantage of closure to get work done.

Guy living near me is doing night shift in an engineering firm in Irvine producing components for the oil industry another told to go into work making wings for areoplanes ,gardening work being advertised on social media and my window cleaner telling me he is OK to still clean windows as he works alone .My own manager was raging as he couldn't get a supply of raw materials and says he will contact us if he can get a steady supply ( doubt it though as some come from Italy ) .There doesn't seem to be any hard and fast rules.Looks to me if you have work that can be done with social distancing in place it's OK .Laying a pitch I would Imagin could be done within the 2m rule