What happens next?

killiehippo

9 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Disagree, league should be void.  I beleive this is what has happened when football was suspended before.

Suits us as were in europe again, screws Dundee United, good.  But all.oneies should be taken as a pot and distributed evenly between each team in each league.

This is an awful period for everyone but Dundee United not getting promoted would be hilarious. 

If I remember correctly (and I could easily be wrong here) then there are a couple of interesting issues on the horizon.

The government can't get involved in the running of football ... so the PM wouldn't be able to say the season is over.

If Fifa/UEFA shut down the leagues then it is also against the rules for clubs to take legal action against the organisations ... so Hearts & Dundee Utd would be shagged regards taking the SPFL to court.

The only fair way is to complete this season at whatever time the games restart and play a shortened season next year.

33 minutes ago, chubbs said:

If I remember correctly (and I could easily be wrong here) then there are a couple of interesting issues on the horizon.

The government can't get involved in the running of football ... so the PM wouldn't be able to say the season is over.

If Fifa/UEFA shut down the leagues then it is also against the rules for clubs to take legal action against the organisations ... so Hearts & Dundee Utd would be shagged regards taking the SPFL to court.

The only fair way is to complete this season at whatever time the games restart and play a shortened season next year.

Starting the season again next year seems to be the most reasonable option. 

Wayne Rooney made the point that it would give us a chance to recalibrate and co-ordinate with a November world cup in 2022. 

6 hours ago, chubbs said:

It's not against the rules for a club to go against the organisations. 

CAS will be inundated with cases and it also already has to shut down so the future seasons will have to wait till all legal challenges are dealt with.

4 minutes ago, Zorro said:

They’ll be given an increased parachute/solidarity payment to soften the blow. Money makes most issues disappear. 

I'm not sure the SPFL could afford a parachute payment for the Jambos as, in addition to the huge loss of income next term there is no guarantee they will get back up.

Seems like everybody is just waiting for PM BoJo to legally close the football season so they can claim on their insurance. (all but one, I wonder who that could be?)

What about Hearts as a club won’t be too disappointed to go down? It may allow them to get out of some contracts with high earning duds. They’ll take an initial hit but could potentially get themselves back in a better place with release clauses etc. Takes the heat off the board and owner if they can blame the SFA/SPFL 

53 minutes ago, Zorro said:

They’ll be given an increased parachute/solidarity payment to soften the blow. Money makes most issues disappear. 

I think it will need to be a solution that covers all European leagues, that way no club can say they have been treated differently. I know we have a different format, but we still have promotion and relegation. 

Aberdeen are building a stadium.  Their current 'monthly outgoings' will be a lot more than 'operating monthly expenses' of £1.3m. 

Is insane how much more cash Hearts are spending than Hibs though!  The Jambos are spending the entire budget of Killie beyond what Hibs are - they deserve to go bust again.  I thought Ann Budge was meant to be a sensible chairman too!

Edited by RAG

22 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They would if those figures were remotely true.

Which they aren't sadly.

As untrue as they are, I'd expect Rangers would be one of the first clubs in serious financial trouble if they weren't getting regular matchday income. Delicious!