What happens next?

killiehippo

3 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

As untrue as they are, I'd expect Rangers would be one of the first clubs in serious financial trouble if they weren't getting regular matchday income. Delicious!

Luckily I am no expert on Rankgers, but what would match day income actually be, not looking for a figure, but what do they still own ?

All fans are season ticket holders, they will have spunked this a long time ago.

Shirts sales, these still go to Ashley?

Hospitality prob out sourced ?

21 minutes ago, Andy said:

Luckily I am no expert on Rankgers, but what would match day income actually be, not looking for a figure, but what do they still own ?

All fans are season ticket holders, they will have spunked this a long time ago.

Shirts sales, these still go to Ashley?

Hospitality prob out sourced ?

We are talking about a side who are relying on floating shares to keep the lights on at Ibrox, that's with their huge fan base and matchday revenue. Cut that for four months and the club wouldn't be able to function. I'm not an expert on them, but it just seems logical that without any income they would be snookered.

Also, there will be no further Europa League cash which has clearly benefited them this year... and if next season there wasn't a European competition it would seem pretty perilous.

54 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hopefully!

Like ourselves, they have no credit facility.

They have two outstanding 'facilities', with Close Brothers, the Wonga of corporate finance. Both secured on anything nailed down at Ibrox. Both due soon.

The High Court are due to rule on how much they need to pay Ashley for trying to do him over. Likely to be eight figures, according to reports.

When they do go bust, Coronavirus will be blamed instead of criminal mismanagement, and they will remain in the top league by hook or by crook.

32 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

When they do go bust, Coronavirus will be blamed instead of criminal mismanagement, and they will remain in the top league by hook or by crook.

The authorities were coerced into demoting them last time and Scottish Fitba nearly went bust. I canny see them making that mistake again.

All I can remember at the time when rangers were demoted that the media were saying Killie and 5 other clubs would go to the wall in a matter of months. That didn't happen but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been easy for Killie and the 5 clubs (can't remember who they were) that were mentioned.

1 hour ago, Scooby_Doo said:

They have two outstanding 'facilities', with Close Brothers, the Wonga of corporate finance. Both secured on anything nailed down at Ibrox. Both due soon.

The High Court are due to rule on how much they need to pay Ashley for trying to do him over. Likely to be eight figures, according to reports.

Their won't be any need to check for hooks.

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

It wasn't a mistake. 

I know. I should have put mistake in quotes to make the irony visible.

What I mean us that the SPFL consider Sevco too big to fail. Regardless of the scale of their financial f**kupery a way will thus time be found to keep them in the top league. Nobody cares what fans of clubs that are run with fiscal prudence think. The only way the SPFL is saleable to the TV companies is when it includes Sevco.

3 hours ago, gdevoy said:

The authorities were coerced into demoting them last time and Scottish Fitba nearly went bust. I canny see them making that mistake again.

When did this happen ?..... I remember plenty of talk at the time of how club X,Y or Z would be out of business within weeks without the blue pound.

Scottish footballs armageddon was nigh they said, but as with most things spun from within Mordor it proved to be complete fantasy.

3 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

They weren't demoted.

They ceased to exist. The SPL and SFA agreed to let Charles Green buy the assets of the liquidated club and let them straight into League Two.

In any other walk of life, or country, they died.

Not in Scotland, obviously. And we should be bloody angry about that, because they wouldn't do it for anyone else. Ask Airdrie United.

This 100%