Ryan Stevenson

Fair do's to the the guy offering to fore go his wages at Stranraer while the Corona Virus shutdown is in effect.

I wonder if any other players will follow suit to help out the clubs ? 

Obviously there are players who simply can't afford to but of those that can......

Ryan Stevenson has offered to forego his wages in a bid to help Stranraer during the Scottish football shutdown.

The spread of COVID-19 prompted the suspension of the game in Scotland at all levels last week, and some smaller clubs are braced to take a huge financial hit.

The 35-year-old, who joined the Stair Park side in January, is happy to return his wages to the club if it helps them survive.

Steevnson, who owns a property factoring company, told BBC Radio Scotland’s Sportsound programme that he would prefer his salary to be kept by the club.

“I’ve offered to hand my wages back if the club wants them,” he said.

“From my point of view, the wages I get from Stranraer are helpful, but under the circumstances I just couldn’t do it when you know you could be putting a club into a serious, serious position.

“There might not be a club to go back to.

“For the majority of players, it is a job but for fans it is their life, if they have grown up through the generations supporting a club. I’m an Ayr United fan; so is my dad and his dad before him.

“So I’ve offered to donate my wages back. Whether it helps them massively I doubt it but any little contribution under the circumstances will do some good.

“I don’t see [the situation] changing any time soon.”

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/coronavirus-scotland-ryan-stevenson-former-hearts-striker-offers-donate-wages-stranraer-2451334

In a roundabout way, this might benefit the part time clubs over the professional clubs. The part time players with decent jobs or a bit of money behind them might be able to afford to take the hit for a few months, but a lot of the professional players might not, especially the younger players

3 hours ago, Nigel4 said:

In a roundabout way, this might benefit the part time clubs over the professional clubs. The part time players with decent jobs or a bit of money behind them might be able to afford to take the hit for a few months, but a lot of the professional players might not, especially the younger players

Ask Harry Bunn he should know what it's like!!!!