Cancelling BT and Sky Sports subscriptions

Wrangodog

Probably realised they need to keep customers sweet so they'll resume subs when the footie returns, instead of cancelling altogether.

Their statement reads: "While we expect that many of the recently postponed sports events will eventually go ahead, if you wish to pause your sports subscription in the meantime you will not be charged a fee to do so or be held to any notice period."

Put the kettle on, get a comfy seat and phone 0333 7591 018

I has BT Sports as part of my broadband package with BT on the Sky platform. Cancelled with them in minutes. They understood my reasons and said they hoped I’d return once things returned to normal. I certainly will. 
Cancelling Sky sports was a less pleasant experience. Forty minutes on hold, to speak to a ratty geordie lass, who kept interrupting and talking over me to repeat the phrase “The live sport isn’t cancelled, it’s only postponed”, wasn’t how I’d planned to use my Sunday. It didn’t even help when I suggested I wasn’t cancelling my subscription, I was only postponing paying for it until they could provide the service I signed up for. We eventually decided that cancelling Sky altogether might be an easier solution. Twenty minutes on hold to the cancellations department, £30 off my monthly subscription fees to keep the same package, plus Netflix (which I paid separately) meant I was relatively happy by the end of the conversation. 
Cancelling La Liga tv through Premier sports has been beyond me. An online app that wouldn’t let customers cancel until Monday and now says “action failed” when you try to do it. Phone calls, emails, tweets, all ignored. I’m beginning to think they’ll be billing me long after I’m dead. My only hope is the go bust first. 

If you are a member of Sky Vip it's a lot easier to do. Normal wait was 30 minutes, Sky Vip number 03337594652 went straight through. Adviser sounded new to the job, either that or circumstances were changing rapidly. Last bill with reduction for losing Sky Sports since it is paid in advance was £10 then £27 per month afterwards. My contract ends in August so will renegotiate a deal depending on the situation at the time. 

4 hours ago, Zorro said:

I has BT Sports as part of my broadband package with BT on the Sky platform. Cancelled with them in minutes. They understood my reasons and said they hoped I’d return once things returned to normal. I certainly will. 
Cancelling Sky sports was a less pleasant experience. Forty minutes on hold, to speak to a ratty geordie lass, who kept interrupting and talking over me to repeat the phrase “The live sport isn’t cancelled, it’s only postponed”, wasn’t how I’d planned to use my Sunday. It didn’t even help when I suggested I wasn’t cancelling my subscription, I was only postponing paying for it until they could provide the service I signed up for. We eventually decided that cancelling Sky altogether might be an easier solution. Twenty minutes on hold to the cancellations department, £30 off my monthly subscription fees to keep the same package, plus Netflix (which I paid separately) meant I was relatively happy by the end of the conversation. 
Cancelling La Liga tv through Premier sports has been beyond me. An online app that wouldn’t let customers cancel until Monday and now says “action failed” when you try to do it. Phone calls, emails, tweets, all ignored. I’m beginning to think they’ll be billing me long after I’m dead. My only hope is the go bust first. 

Cancel your Direct Debit via your online banking.

They'll be in touch pretty sharpish.

On 3/18/2020 at 1:10 PM, Scooby_Doo said:

Cancel your Direct Debit via your online banking.

They'll be in touch pretty sharpish.

Maybe I’m being stupid, but I don’t appear to have a direct debit with them. The £5.99 comes out my bank each month but I can’t see how it’s done. I have went back onto their app. Still can’t cancel my service but I have been able to delete my payment method. Hopefully that’s enough 

10 hours ago, Zorro said:

Maybe I’m being stupid, but I don’t appear to have a direct debit with them. The £5.99 comes out my bank each month but I can’t see how it’s done. I have went back onto their app. Still can’t cancel my service but I have been able to delete my payment method. Hopefully that’s enough 

Perhaps you have a recurring debit card payment rather than a direct debit- a very snidey way of companies making it hard to cancel payments.  You will need to call them to cancel it.

2 hours ago, virtuocity said:

Perhaps you have a recurring debit card payment rather than a direct debit- a very snidey way of companies making it hard to cancel payments.  You will need to call them to cancel it.

Thanks, I’ve tried everything to get in touch with them. Getting nowhere. Will deleting my card details not have the same effect?

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

Thanks, I’ve tried everything to get in touch with them. Getting nowhere. Will deleting my card details not have the same effect?

You can’t ‘delete’ your card details.  You  need to cancel with the company direct.  If that fails you can call your bank and make a disputed transaction claim.