BB in The Times

skygod

17 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

'locking out 16,000 Old Firm fans from Rugby Park.'

I expect better from Mr Spiers.

I'm assuming he means the money lost on match days during the shutdown adds up to an equivalent 16k fans.....

Thou, the need to mention specifically old firm fans is indeed poor patter from Spiers.

1 hour ago, gordon4418 said:

hopefully this now puts paid to @fraz65 banging on about the club "losing" money by not giving home advantage to Celtic and Rangers

My understanding was that the 1,000 increase in home attendance occurred during the Steve Clarke era, when the Old Firm were still given two stands.

Attendance at home old Firm games is significantly down on last season. On a very quick calculation, I make it an average Old Firm home attendance of 8,500 this season (v Rangers 9,191, v Celtic 8,307, and v Rangers 8,096), compared with 11,800 last season. 

The debate is around whether the enhanced home supporter experience is worth the loss in revenue from these games. 

Edited by fraz65

4 hours ago, gordon4418 said:

The biggest shareholder in the club is directly quoted in a news article:

“My arithmetic was quite simple. If we cut the Old Firm visiting fans by 4,000 seats, then that’s 16,000 bums on seats down for the season [over four matches]. But if we could increase our walks-ups by 1,000 per game — we have 18 home games — then that more than makes up for it. And that’s what we’ve done. So far as I know we’ve not lost any money on making the decision.”

i'll take his word over yours.

I'm looking forward to you presenting the data that walk-up home attendances are up 1,000 this season when compared with last season. 

15 minutes ago, gordon4418 said:

i dont have to present anything, the biggest shareholder in the club has just been quoted as saying we havent lost any money as a result for the decision, I'll trust the work of the man who has access to the actual facts and figures over a guy on the internet

Ok. 

7 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

This should put an end to some of the fantasy figures some people believe our players are on......

"Kilmarnock’s top player salary is £2,000 a week, and Bowie insists he runs a tight ship"

Did anybody think differently? 

There was maybe talk that we should push the boat out for a Mulumbu, a Stewart or a Bachmann. 

That is exactly the figure I would have said. 

Edited by skygod

7 hours ago, fraz65 said:

My understanding was that the 1,000 increase in home attendance occurred during the Steve Clarke era, when the Old Firm were still given two stands.

Attendance at home old Firm games is significantly down on last season. On a very quick calculation, I make it an average Old Firm home attendance of 8,500 this season (v Rangers 9,191, v Celtic 8,307, and v Rangers 8,096), compared with 11,800 last season. 

The debate is around whether the enhanced home supporter experience is worth the loss in revenue from these games. 

Based on your figures we have lost on average 3300 OF fans per game comparing this season to last.  9900 over 3 games.  BB reckoned on losing 12000 in those games (4000 each game by only letting them have one stand).  If we have an extra 1000 walk ups at our other games we are actually better of than the original figures quoted in the article.   

9 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

Reassuring interview and fair play to Mr Bowie for sinking his own money into the club. 

Two things though... Who the heck in our squad is worth £8k per month? And secondly we are stuck with dyer - crap football manager but nice guy.

Burke? 

1 hour ago, skygod said:

Did anybody think differently? 

There was maybe talk that we should push the boat out for a Mulumbu, a Stewart or a Bachmann. 

That is exactly the figure I would have said. 

With a small squad and the top wage being £2k IMO there will be players in the squad earning a lot more than they should be. The club have said the budget was increased and we seem to be sitting with the sixth highest wage bill in the division. 

25 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

Reassuring interview and fair play to Mr Bowie for sinking his own money into the club. 

Two things though... Who the heck in our squad is worth £8k per month? And secondly we are stuck with dyer - crap football manager but nice guy.

Power, Findlay, O’Donnell, Brophy, Dicker will probably all be on close to that you would have thought. 

5 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Power, Findlay, O’Donnell, Brophy, Dicker will probably all be on close to that you would have thought. 

I’m not sure Brophy will. In negotiations now they’d likely to be putting him in that region. IMO it’ll be Dicker, Power, some of the loan players and possibly Broadfoot. 

56 minutes ago, killiebythesea said:

Based on your figures we have lost on average 3300 OF fans per game comparing this season to last.  9900 over 3 games.  BB reckoned on losing 12000 in those games (4000 each game by only letting them have one stand).  If we have an extra 1000 walk ups at our other games we are actually better of than the original figures quoted in the article.   

Yes but the 1,000 additional walk-ups happened during the Steve Clarke era, when we were still allocating two stands to the Old Firm. 

The increase in attendance didn't happen as a result of the one stand policy. 

We could in theory have had the additional income from the walk-ups and the additional income from 3,300 Old Firm tickets. 

Edited by fraz65