BB in The Times

skygod

4 minutes ago, piffer said:

I think this one simply has to go down as being about more than money. At the moment we are bringing in the same but it’s made our fans a lot more comfortable at certain games, it’s allowing families to attend every game where they may not have before, we get a better atmosphere against the OF, the bond between club and supporter has been strengthened as a result of the decision. 

I completely understand that and accept that argument. 

I don't think that we should pretend that it hasn't cost us money though. 

16 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

If what Bowie is saying is true then we haven’t. We have not made as much as we could have but on face value we haven’t made less than we were. 

3 hours ago, gordon4418 said:

i dont have to present anything, the biggest shareholder in the club has just been quoted as saying we havent lost any money as a result for the decision, I'll trust the work of the man who has access to the actual facts and figures over a guy on the internet

I think in general we need to have a bit of understanding and a little more flexibility with folks coming across a bit more Dickish than normal at the moment, as folks are under a s**tload more pressure and are worrying more than normal. 

Fraz is one of those under particular stress and this forum will be know of this escapes.

Apart from me, and McLean because were just arseholes all the time anyway.

43 minutes ago, fraz65 said:

So, from your home in Oz you wish to debate whether we have lost money or not regarding this policy. Read the article again BB stated WE HAVE NOT LOST MONEY.

2 hours ago, mitch14 said:

Reassuring interview. 

It is to an extent but I think that the crisis is sure to go on for five or six months, in which case cash flow “could be a problem”.   

But we will not be alone in that and we have the unexpected benefit of having a lot of players out of contract in the summer. 

Our wage bill will reduce hugely after May. Depending on how things look then, we can try to resign some players or sit tight and wait to see when play is likely to resume. 

Players faced with the alternative of losing their income for an indefinite period might be easy to deal with. 

At least we have a board which will make sound financial decisions and the benefit of the Trust’s monthly contribution.  

8 minutes ago, Loudoun Killie said:

Your posts are pointless as everyone has blocked you.....

That's not true, his posts on the medical situation in Oz are interesting. If he had attended the last two games against Celtic and Sevco he would be able to understand the difference it has made.

Maybe one for another thread but the picture of TB and then the comments by BB about our fan base got me thinking a bit about what club's fans are the most "rabid" in terms of their loyalty to the club etc. Even though our fan base is quite small I have always felt we take a higher % of our home crowd to most away games than most of the other provincial clubs that have had some success over the years and I always see us as a bigger club than we actually are because of that. But is that me just talking pish because there is nae fkn fitba?

11 hours ago, fraz65 said:

My understanding was that the 1,000 increase in home attendance occurred during the Steve Clarke era, when the Old Firm were still given two stands.

Attendance at home old Firm games is significantly down on last season. On a very quick calculation, I make it an average Old Firm home attendance of 8,500 this season (v Rangers 9,191, v Celtic 8,307, and v Rangers 8,096), compared with 11,800 last season. 

The debate is around whether the enhanced home supporter experience is worth the loss in revenue from these games. 

Jesus wept mate give it a rest - more important things in life at the moment and you are still prattling on about the fine details which you don't have any influence over 

4 hours ago, piffer said:

I’m not sure Brophy will. In negotiations now they’d likely to be putting him in that region. IMO it’ll be Dicker, Power, some of the loan players and possibly Broadfoot. 

If we offer Brophy £2k a week I think we can say our goodbyes just now. He’ll be getting offers from clubs paying 5x that and no one could blame him for leaving. 

1 hour ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Maybe one for another thread but the picture of TB and then the comments by BB about our fan base got me thinking a bit about what club's fans are the most "rabid" in terms of their loyalty to the club etc. Even though our fan base is quite small I have always felt we take a higher % of our home crowd to most away games than most of the other provincial clubs that have had some success over the years and I always see us as a bigger club than we actually are because of that. But is that me just talking pish because there is nae fkn fitba?

Agree.   Our support at away games is noisy, enthusiastic and adds greatly to the atmosphere. I suspect most home teams will see us as the best pay day outwith the OF, Aberdeen and on occasions Hearts and Hibs.    Really great fun going to away fixtures.

8 hours ago, casual observer said:

You have the option of not commenting of course. Constantly.  It’s not mandatory!

You can blame @gordon4418. I was minding my own business on the COVID-19 thread. 

I'll be taking a break from the site for my own sanity during what will undoubtedly be a tough few months ahead. 

Wishing all Killie fans good luck while we get through this. 

I'll hopefully be back in September for the new season. 

9 hours ago, fraz65 said:

You can blame @gordon4418. I was minding my own business on the COVID-19 thread. 

I'll be taking a break from the site for my own sanity during what will undoubtedly be a tough few months ahead. 

Good luck with the tough times ahead Fraz. The world will owe you and your profession a huge debt of gratitude once this is over. Heroes, one and all.

23 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Return to addressing them as unskilled workers

Let’s no let this happen. The dalek Teresa told us there was no ‘magic money tree’ - now they’ve found it. Cancel Trident, HS2 the bonkers road building programme and tax the s**te out of greedy bastards like Branson and Green. Nationalise telecoms - free broadband doesn’t look daft now does it. Rant not over just paused .....

18 hours ago, fraz65 said:

As Cameron said to Clegg........come back!!!  :/

On 3/21/2020 at 10:36 AM, Beaker71 said:

I think in general we need to have a bit of understanding and a little more flexibility with folks coming across a bit more Dickish than normal at the moment, as folks are under a s**tload more pressure and are worrying more than normal. 

Fraz is one of those under particular stress and this forum will be know of this escapes.

Apart from me, and McLean because were just arseholes all the time anyway.

Cheers pal....always the encouraging word :2: