BB in The Times

skygod

On 3/21/2020 at 11:14 AM, skygod said:

It is to an extent but I think that the crisis is sure to go on for five or six months, in which case cash flow “could be a problem”.   

But we will not be alone in that and we have the unexpected benefit of having a lot of players out of contract in the summer. 

Our wage bill will reduce hugely after May. Depending on how things look then, we can try to resign some players or sit tight and wait to see when play is likely to resume. 

Players faced with the alternative of losing their income for an indefinite period might be easy to deal with. 

At least we have a board which will make sound financial decisions and the benefit of the Trust’s monthly contribution.  

That was some planning by the Board! Nearly everyone out of contract when we need to drastically cut our outgoings, followed by cherry picking of the players available from the wrecked clubs. We know nothing. 

On 3/21/2020 at 9:53 AM, fraz65 said:

I completely understand that and accept that argument. 

I don't think that we should pretend that it hasn't cost us money though. 

Compared to recent Old Scum attendances, we are down 4000 a game offset by at most 2000 extra home fans. The increased support at other games would have been there anyway, so we’re down roughly 8000 x £30 = £240000. It’s much better for Killie fans, but let’s not delude ourselves it’s costing us two players at the top of our pay scale.

10 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Compared to recent Old Scum attendances, we are down 4000 a game offset by at most 2000 extra home fans. The increased support at other games would have been there anyway, so we’re down roughly 8000 x £30 = £240000. It’s much better for Killie fans, but let’s not delude ourselves it’s costing us two players at the top of our pay scale.

Speaking personally I think we all get that but feel that it is worth it to stand up to those bullies and their poxy fans

54 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

What would you rather have though? 2 extra players or a better atmosphere for Killie fans?