Fill Rugby Park

Ngonge88

On 3/26/2020 at 10:29 AM, leftbehind said:

A great way to make some money when we are back playing football would be to resurrect the Ayrshire cup. 2 leg home and away, imagine that would get one hell of an attendance boost and party atmosphere, well for us anyway.

The Ayshire Cup is ours to keep forever.

It would be the WestSound Trophy that would be resurrected, which we currently hold too!

On 3/24/2020 at 12:20 PM, C4mmy31 said:

Smashing, great idea..... discount entry when the club will be screaming out for cash :31:

Fans will be skint or just getting back on their feet too. Have a bunch of volunteers/ex-players behind the turnstiles with buckets and let the fans that can afford to throw some extra money in do so, charge a bit extra for a special edition programme... there's a bunch of ways the club could still make money. discounting prices (we're all in this together) and getting a big crowd in are great ideas, and reopening Rugby Park with a derby (under the floodlights for that wee bit extra imo) is a perfect way to bring fitba back to Ayrshire.

Edited by kevin1869

20 hours ago, kevin1869 said:

reopening Rugby Park with a derby (under the floodlights for that wee bit extra imo) is a perfect way to bring fitba back to Ayrshire.

Day of KO tournament football, get the biggest 2 Ayrshire Junior teams - will soon to be SPFL members anyway, A*r and Killie.  30mins per half and straight to pens, so the 'big' teams have to attack.  Fix the draw so A*r have to play the 'Bot in the semi final.  3 matches in one afternoon, guaranteed sell out, pubs totally rammed.  That's what I'd do for maximum firecrackers on footballs return.  The football wouldn't be brilliant, but it would be a memorable afternoon and if anyone got embarrassed -  it was only a 60 min game anyway.

11 hours ago, killie99 said:

Nice ideas but there will be no big fanfare re-openings or parties with loads of people. This isn't going to just end all of a sudden, it will drag on for months and months and the return to 'normality' will be very slow, if we ever get back to the way things were.

Exactly

19 hours ago, killie99 said:

Nice ideas but there will be no big fanfare re-openings or parties with loads of people. This isn't going to just end all of a sudden, it will drag on for months and months and the return to 'normality' will be very slow, if we ever get back to the way things were.

All very true but we can dream it will be otherwise Killie99 

Edited by Bonbon19

• 3 weeks later...

The more I hear, the more I think there won't be top-flight football with a paying crowd before the end of the year. 

We don't even know if contracting the virus gives any immunity so everybody is virtually back at stage 1 under lockdown conditions. 

The best way of controlling the effects of the virus and preserving the economy would seem to be keeping the vulnerable - the elderly, and those with underlying conditions - isolated. This wouldn't protect everyone else but the youngest and fittest are more likely to recover and it would enable the NHS to manage until such time as a vaccine is created. 

Gatherings of people are still likely to be controlled for a good while and the FM seemed to rule out live televising of matches  played behind closed doors today. 

It looks bleak for football. 

Edited by skygod

34 minutes ago, skygod said:

The more I hear, the more I think there won't be football with a paying crowd before the end of the year. 

We don't even know if contracting the virus gives any immunity so everybody is virtually back at stage 1 under lockdown conditions. 

The best way of controlling the effects of the virus and preserving the economy would seem to be keeping the vulnerable - the elderly, and those with underlying conditions - isolated. This wouldn't protect everyone but the youngest and fittest are more likely to recover and it would enable the NHS to manage until such time as a vaccine is created. 

Gatherings of people are still likely to be controlled for a good while and the FM seemed to rule out playing behind closed doors today. 

Correct

45 minutes ago, skygod said:

The more I hear, the more I think there won't be football with a paying crowd before the end of the year. 

The best way of controlling the effects of the virus and preserving the economy would seem to be keeping the vulnerable - the elderly, and those with underlying conditions - isolated. This wouldn't protect everyone but the youngest and fittest are more likely to recover and it would enable the NHS to manage until such time as a vaccine is created. 

Gatherings of people are still likely to be controlled for a good while and the FM seemed to rule out playing behind closed doors today. 

It also looks bleak for the elderly. My 95 year old dad doesn’t do internet and keeps cheerful but is clearly finding it tough living on his own. Can’t see many like him putting up with an extended lockdown - he will take his chances, I am sure...

31 minutes ago, skygod said:

It does look bleak, but if the EPL return in some form then I can't see our clubs sitting back twiddling their thumbs, even though they are experts in thumb-twiddling. Define elderly ? There will be a few more adult season tickets getting bought if over 65's are barred from Rugby Park. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

It also looks bleak for the elderly. My 95 year old dad doesn’t do internet and keeps cheerful but is clearly finding it tough living on his own. Can’t see many like him putting up with an extended lockdown - he will take his chances, I am sure...

He won't be the only one. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

Totally understand this. Hope he stays safe and just as importantly, happy.

There was a good article yesterday saying that they think it would take, for English Premiership games, up to 200 people to have a closed door game. Quickly mounts up with players, staff security, medical staff, officials etc 

I think there would be an appetite if it can be done. Plenty will be happy to pay something but how sustainable that is I have no idea. 

I agree with the stadiums staying closed for now. They exist purely for people to gather in mass - which is an obvious no go. Same with pubs. However I do think they need to find as safe a way as possible to get the games on behind closed doors and on TV for people to watch at home. It's called a living room - not an existing room. 

We are coming towards a critical point as a society here. We've done the right thing locking this down I think but it can't go on forever, it just can't. The best thing the governments and leaders can do now is begin to introduce safe and sensible strategies for some normal activity. Of course, I'm not advocating you get 10 of your mates round to watch the games. Totally idiotic and disrespectful if you do. But These past 6/7 weeks have changed us forever. We will always be more careful with hand hygiene, social distancing now. Eventually we'll need to take steps and risks if we want any kind of normal life back. Eventually we need to trust that society will look after each other as best we can. 

If small, safe steps aren't introduced or planned for soon - - like live sport returning on tv - then I worry that people will take it upon themselves to take larger riskier steps out of boredom, mistrust and frustration. We need guidance on how to move life forward, safely.