Fill Rugby Park

Ngonge88

39 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

Mutch as i agree guys the Scottish government won’t let them until safe to do so peoples lives are at stake

Correct. 

On a day when clubs side with SPFL this clown comes out with this statement. 

Doncaster, McLennan, Trump and Johnson. 

Is there some kind of condition that you have to be a f**kwit now to be in charge of something? 

Hearing experts saying that social distancing might be with us indefinitely, for a year or two at best.

That's a big problem for all entertainment sectors - sports, cinemas, theatres, concert venues etc. Maybe it can be proved that there is less risk of transmission outdoors.

How do you get around? Not allow spectators or allow some, subject to social distancing measures? 

With our crowds and capacity we might not be as badly affected as clubs with bigger crowds, close to their capacity. 

Sectioning off with tape to block off seats might work. Ban away supporters and use all four stands. That is more likely to apply anyway in countries like England to stop spread from region to region.

If it comes down to televising, you can see the OF arguing to negotiate their own contracts to offset their big losses through the gate.  

Edited by skygod

20 minutes ago, skygod said:

Hearing experts saying that social distancing might be with us indefinitely, for a year or two at best.

That's a big problem for all entertainment sectors - sports, cinemas, theatres, concert venues etc. Maybe it can be proved that their is less risk of exposure outdoors.

How do you get around? Not allow spectators or allow some, subject to social distancing measures? 

With our crowds and capacity we might not be as badly affected as clubs with bigger crowds, close to their capacity. 

Sectioning off with tape to block off seats might work. Ban away supporters and use all four stands. That is more likely to apply anyway in countries like England to stop spread from region to region.

If it comes down to televising, you can see the OF arguing to negotiate their own contracts to offset their big losses through the gate.  

There are experts?

It's quite simple, don't allow them to !

Easier said than done though you'd need everybody sticking together to get it through. 

In an ideal world you reconstruct Scottish football and organise things to create a bit more competition throughout.

Clubs could then dictate more equality if teams especially Celtic and Rangers (they can't be the OF as one of them is only a few years old) don't like it then go without them, sure it would hurt a bit especially to start with if it happened. They would then realise nobody wants them and their baggage and might have to be more accommodating.

Remember the claims of Armageddon if Sevco were relegated, didn't happen did it?

Unfortunately too many would put self interest first along with Celtic / Rangers money and cave in.

Unfortunately there are many problems surrounding things getting back to normal allowing fans in to watch games social distancing before and during games and what about this when exiting stadiums afterwards ?  Think there will be massive obstacles until they develop a vaccine unfortunately!

1 hour ago, Killie71 said:

It'll take a bit of creative thinking, but there should hopefully be a way to get our 4000 or so home fans in to the four stands at RP.

I thought the same. How do you work it though? Certain number of Season tickets only for a period of time or don’t sell season tickets and limit ticket sales for individual matches on a first come first serve basis. Would need to have gaps between fans but no one sitting directly in front or behind you. Family/household groups could sit together but would that wreck the pattern. 

8 minutes ago, piffer said:

I thought the same. How do you work it though? Certain number of Season tickets only for a period of time or don’t sell season tickets and limit ticket sales for individual matches on a first come first serve basis. Would need to have gaps between fans but no one sitting directly in front or behind you. Family/household groups could sit together but would that wreck the pattern. 

I've been thinking the same - but surely a fire alarm kills any attempt to do this? 

There's some suggestion of capped numbers of fans in other countries I think - ie no more than 500.

Let's wait and see if these experts are right. If cases dwindle down to zero, and stay at zero for a certain amount of time, would it not be logical to assume the virus is no longer circulating. Obviously something will need to be done on entry to the UK in this situation to check the virus isn't entering the country.

9 hours ago, Ipkis said:

If cases dwindle down to zero, and stay at zero for a certain amount of time, would it not be logical to assume the virus is no longer circulating. 

I’m no expert but the virus will still be in circulation. 

Only by having an effective vaccine or (possibly) by acquiring immunity by having been infected would transmission be prevented. 

For those who are vulnerable that could be fatal. BAME people, men and those from socially deprived backgrounds are more susceptible so that would exclude a fair proportion of a football crowd.

Add the elderly and those with underlying conditions and there’s not much left. 

Even assuming new cases dwindle, I think the governments will be cautious and will severely limit attendances. 

Edited by skygod

7 hours ago, mitch14 said:

I've been thinking the same - but surely a fire alarm kills any attempt to do this? 

There's some suggestion of capped numbers of fans in other countries I think - ie no more than 500.

Two people per row in every block? That way you are not climbing over people if you need out to the toilet. Or take out rows to allow people walk encroaching others