Mental impact of the shutdown

chubbs

Just seen this article in the Daily Record online ... apparently four SPFL players have contemplated suicide in the last 10days due to the worry caused by Covid-19.

Not an effect I ever thought it would have to be honest.... hopefully they can all talk through their issues and emerge out the other side..

Link >> ARTICLE HERE

3 hours ago, chubbs said:

Just seen this article in the Daily Record online ... apparently four SPFL players have contemplated suicide in the last 10days due to the worry caused by Covid-19.

Not an effect I ever thought it would have to be honest.... hopefully they can all talk through their issues and emerge out the other side..

Link >> ARTICLE HERE

It really is worrying out there you don’t realise about your mental state it affects us all. Sometimes it’s good to talk even on here if I can help anybody on here or the forums in general then I will. 

Players who would otherwise have been certs to get a new contract in the summer - you can think of some of our players - will now be faced with the prospect of an uncertain future. 

Which is the same for many people in the wider community, especially the self-employed.

It’s a much bigger problem than just football, unfortunately. 

Mental health is a massive issue at anytime and in all walks of life.

With so much uncertainty around I am certain that it is not just footballers who have such dark thoughts.

Please check your employer's internal support scheme. if they don't have one then please consider using services such as Samaratans. There is no badge of honour nor is there a weakness in using or not using these services. At the very least open up to someone you know will take you seriously.

It may be the most important call you make so do it.

Samaratans  can be contacted HERE and on 116 123

12 hours ago, chubbs said:

Link >> ARTICLE HERE

There will be more problems with mental health than Coronavirus, a young girl already killed herself and a cafe owner from Edinburgh missing at a notorious suicide spot.   Bloody horrible 

I am one of the most chilled out people around (to the point it infuriates family with my don’t worry about it attitude) and I’ve found myself very wound up the last few days with the whole thing.

For anyone who normally worries or has anxiety I can only imagine how this is all impacting them.

If anyone on here feels that things are becoming a bit too much for them and would like a Killie/football related chat to take their mind off it (or any chat) please drop a PM.

3 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Nicke Kabamba was in the Howard Park today jogging, you would've thought he could've got home ok, maybe he just loves it here too much.

With 'social distancing' it doesn't really matter where you are... plus I think his wife/girlfriend moved up here when he transferred.