If this season is a write off....

Larkhall2

I agree that this season needs to be played to a conclusion and, as pointed out, it looks like these restrictions will be in place until July.

How about the SPFL and SFA allow this current season to be finished from August (8 matches) but play the league cup group stages and knockouts afterwards (another 9 matches for the finalists). Then the Scottish Cup semis and final and the playoffs will provide a few more matches.

This should take us to December where we could break and begin the new season in February to bring in summer football.

Just my opinion but away trips to Dingwall/Inverness may look more appealing in June than December.

Edited by KTID

14 hours ago, Bullitt said:

You would want the club to refund you?

I wasn't looking for or requesting a refund, i was suggesting that this season has to be completed for sporting integrity, we can't have two teams being delusional in this league one thinking there going for 55 titles when they've   only been going since 2012 and the other thinking there going for 10 in a row next year, 

18 hours ago, mitch14 said:

It's the money that makes me think null and void is more likely. 

Looking increasingly like it would take a significant chunk of next season to finish this one - if that meant no Champions League/Europa games next season the money powers that be will be kicking up a stink... 

Our premier league needs to play to a Finnish as the clubs need the bt sport money , next season it’s sky who are broadcasting our league 

1 hour ago, killie1961 said:

How can they play behind closed doors if as says 6 months lockdown can they keep 2 metres safe distance eveyone knows season is over

They could play if the antibody testing kits were available and if you’re  positive for the antibody ie you’ve had the virus and it’s been proven you can’t be reinfected ,you can play . You might then see the EPL using UK youngsters and not expensive foreign imports 

2 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

Our premier league needs to play to a Finnish as the clubs need the bt sport money , next season it’s sky who are broadcasting our league 

Story from BBC news today said the Scottish clubs appear to be accepting we won't finish this season and moving to protect next season. 

4 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

They could play if the antibody testing kits were available and if you’re  positive for the antibody ie you’ve had the virus and it’s been proven you can’t be reinfected ,you can play . You might then see the EPL using UK youngsters and not expensive foreign imports 

And what if key players haven't been infected? They are people like the rest of us.

Ludicrous to suggest that we should be playing games while we are dealing with a global pandemic.

28 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

And what if key players haven't been infected? They are people like the rest of us.

Ludicrous to suggest that we should be playing games while we are dealing with a global pandemic.

I’m not suggesting we should be playing games , this is only a theoretical discussion . I’m giving a opinion as to how it may be possible to play football safely without the risks of any player getting infected . It probably won’t happen 

I still expect the season to be completed when safe to do so. To scrap it and declare it didn’t happen would bring too many problems, mostly financial to the clubs, broadcasters and the future would then be even murkier. I know it’s a what if, but humour me - Dun Utd for example had already achieved enough its to be declared Champions but the relegation slot was unclear. Or Liverpool in EPL couldn’t be caught yet CL places and relegation was up for grabs. 

Why disadvantage some clubs by voiding a season 75-80% completed, just to start a new one? Whenever the next season starts, it should do so on a level playing field as all clubs have earned their place in whatever comp. they find themselves in. If that means we play the last 8 games in September, we lose them all and get relegated by a point, then that’s what we deserve - rather than the hollow victory of getting back into the Europa league by default. Not a popular opinion probably, but I prefer my sport to be as fair as possible, notwithstanding the s**tty OF slanted league we have to compete in.