Kenny Brannigan

red_dug

I remember the incident being nearer the old terracing and some of our own supporters actually cheered when the referee brought out the red card. We came back from a goal down to win that game.

We lost to QOS in a cup replay a couple of weeks later.  Jimmy McGuire scored the winner that night. We don't do cup replays especially at home! Cook was sent off as was Fraser Davidson for us. I missed that one but didn't miss another home game for almost 10 years after that.

On 3/31/2020 at 3:01 PM, carpetfitter said:

I wax there. Brannigan was a psycho. Didnt hurt Cook that badly but could have. Jim Fleeting was 100% correct. He was not long in the door and used the KB action as an example of the need for Killie to become a professional club again. Remember hearing that KB had been bagged right after the game on Worst Sound. 

I learned of KB's demise in Fanny's on the evening of the match. For some reason I was not actually at the game, despite being in the town. It's a funny old world