Best Killie Shirt Ever

Lroy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

I prefer stripes to hoops but, without the sponsor's patch, this would have been a great strip.

The Umbro logo has been covered up too!

IMG_1191.JPG.e975202177bf4dfe1461d4a9b3cb88ae.JPG

The sponsors patch is covering Mitchell & Struthers. 

6 hours ago, dasboag said:

Bit of a 'golden' set of kits for folks then?

Pretty sure these are all the same issue, around 91-93?

Rainbow kit was first worn 91 and as late at 96.

Home shirt was 91-93. Away was 92-94. Going by team photos.

IMG_20170807_094458.jpg.bdf5a43fc5cfbdbf396ce2c3d26138db.jpg

7 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Got one of those at home. A particular favourite of mine, as was the A-Plant narrow stripes one from the first season up.

I think it was the darker blue colour that attracted me to this shirt , somebody on here will no doubt know the name for it . I was unaware the the time that it was very close to our original strip colour . 

I think most of us consider the 64/65 Championship winning jersey as the definitive Killie strip. Looking at these, and at historical kits, it’s quite remarkable how few seasons we’ve actually had a home kit that was full blue and white stripes, of equal width, front, back and sleeves. 
I really dislike the self coloured or ‘big block’ reverse on the home kits we’ve been blighted with recently. 
The Matchwinner A-Plant one  (and subsequent AT Mays) have been easily the best since the title winning one. 

55 minutes ago, Stefanus said:

I think most of us consider the 64/65 Championship winning jersey as the definitive Killie strip. Looking at these, and at historical kits, it’s quite remarkable how few seasons we’ve actually had a home kit that was full blue and white stripes, of equal width, front, back and sleeves. 
I really dislike the self coloured or ‘big block’ reverse on the home kits we’ve been blighted with recently. 
The Matchwinner A-Plant one  (and subsequent AT Mays) have been easily the best since the title winning one. 

Were the single colour backs brought in, in order to aid the legibility of names and numbers for match officials? I think celtic were none to chuffed at having to interrupt the hoops at the time.

Yes, I think that was the reason given but I think it’s still possible to have legible names and clear numbers without ruining the aesthetic of the strip. I’m sure I noticed some teams this season with near enough full stripes front and back Maybe Stoke or Sheff Weds? 

5 minutes ago, Stefanus said:

Yes, I think that was the reason given but I think it’s still possible to have legible names and clear numbers without ruining the aesthetic of the strip. I’m sure I noticed some teams this season with near enough full stripes front and back Maybe Stoke or Sheff Weds? 

Yep, I also remember the 91-93 matchwinner kit with yellow numbers on the back (maybe not all the time) which were amazing.

I think though these days that the numbers are "league issue", in that everyone in the league has to use the same 'font'.

I also seem to remember there was talk a long time ago of us having red or yellow numbers again in order to keep the full stripes, but they had to be ordered solely by Killie and the cost for such a small amount is prohibitive.....so its typically white or black

I'm sure Celtic can afford whatever colour they want to keep the hoops, and I do remember a season years ago when Rangers had red numbers on their home kit I think - only remember as I think it was the very season we were hoping for the same.

This is all memory though.....so ready to be proven wrong!