Best Killie Shirt Ever

Lroy

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Lroy said:

You've obviously all forgot how badly put together that shirt was.

There were a few awfully put together shirts, I’m sure my Lotto one had sleeves from a Large, the body from a medium and the neck from a XXL, but that kit seemed to fit really well, and I never wore it all that often. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones. 

Just now, Bobby14 said:

There were a few awfully put together shirts, I’m sure my Lotto one had sleeves from a Large, the body from a medium and the neck from a XXL, but that kit seemed to fit really well, and I never wore it all that often. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones. 

The Lotto ones were bad too. I think there were stories about the colours running in the way. The sponsors on my away shirt are totally gone. 

What was the story with the Lotto ones Lroy? If I remember correctly, they seemed to take an age to come out then go on sale, and the fit was terrible. Pretty sure Lotto we’re replaced the season after, sure it is pretty unusual for a kit supplier to sign a one year deal. 

1 minute ago, Bobby14 said:

What was the story with the Lotto ones Lroy? If I remember correctly, they seemed to take an age to come out then go on sale, and the fit was terrible. Pretty sure Lotto we’re replaced the season after, sure it is pretty unusual for a kit supplier to sign a one year deal. 

Some third party company bought the rights to make the Lotto kits. Not unusual, our Hummel deal is similar. They must have promised a great deal because there was a few clubs signed up but they couldn't handle the demand by all accounts. Quality was crap, deliveries were delayed. I don't know if they lost the Lotto contract straight away but I don't think a single club stayed on with them.

Gold trim came from the previous year's kit. Gold material was just in style at the time. MJ liked it so requested it on the 2010-11 shirt pictured (which I designed.)

This was another design from that season that wasn't picked and version v1.0 of the shirt we won the cup in. Ended up selling them on eBay to pay for a holiday with an ex. Anyone on here buy them?

image.png.e9beed597f358f337ac85f61c6559578.png image.png.3820dbc3d9a35f1a5b8c577fcb3779bf.png image.png.832c405b912d6b47d0d3e4e34ee2e8f1.png

EDIT: This shows the design better. Shoulder design was supposed to look like the 90s promotion kit.

747257342_Screenshot2020-04-03at20_55_27.png.66bcfde359c0c3d036d395ce0510fc3d.png

6 minutes ago, skygod said:

Wasn't this the anniversary one, hence the star above the badge?

mckenzie r.jpg

Right enough. Verve sponsored us during our 141st anniversary. Gold was added for the 140th, I guess whoever was choosing the next season shirts liked it

7 minutes ago, Lroy said:

Gold trim came from the previous year's kit. Gold material was just in style at the time. MJ liked it so requested it on the 2010-11 shirt pictured (which I designed.)

This was another design from that season that wasn't picked and version v1.0 of the shirt we won the cup in. Ended up selling them on eBay to pay for a holiday with an ex. Anyone on here buy them?

image.png.e9beed597f358f337ac85f61c6559578.png image.png.3820dbc3d9a35f1a5b8c577fcb3779bf.png image.png.832c405b912d6b47d0d3e4e34ee2e8f1.png

Ooooh, different. Was the 'slash cut' just too expensive to make, or was it purely aesthetic, and wasn't liked?

Just now, CB said:

Ooooh, different. Was the 'slash cut' just too expensive to make, or was it purely aesthetic, and wasn't liked?

Just wasn't liked. MJ was determined to have an arrow shape on the side for some reason. They ended up much smaller on each side and on the sleeves.

image.png.1059b939d22aaf62990752c5e994c840.png

20 hours ago, skygod said:

Wasn't this the anniversary one, hence the star above the badge?

mckenzie r.jpg

Nope. 2014/15 version had more stripes and they were of equal width. Also had QTS influenced orange trim on the sleeves. 
Think it had a round, button collar too. It was completely shapeless. 
Mine looked like a smock. 
It was a missed opportunity, and a lesson from which we didn’t learn when the 150th kit was designed.  

On 4/3/2020 at 8:46 PM, Lroy said:

EDIT: This shows the design better. Shoulder design was supposed to look like the 90s promotion kit.

747257342_Screenshot2020-04-03at20_55_27.png.66bcfde359c0c3d036d395ce0510fc3d.png

Seen a lot of your designs and really liked them, but that’s questionable. Might just be proportion of sleeves to body and width. 
Why was MJ effectively in charge of our kit design? 
i always like the idea of a design competition in schools, like Gretna did years ago. 

On 4/4/2020 at 10:17 PM, Bobby14 said:

Why was MJ effectively in charge of our kit design?

He was "the board." Commercial manager will deal with most of it, but the board still have final say on kit designs now. If the manufacturer is any good, they will be able to supply designs based on specifications from the club.