Random Killie Stories

virtuocity

13 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Neil McCann lying on the turf (as it was then) with a season ending injury, after he'd been Lilleyed.

He was comforted by a pie rolling past his head.

One of the greatest moments of this millenium so far. No one that was there will ever forget it. The hardest clean tackle since the 1970s I think.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

I seem to remember another one by Lilley on McCann at the Dundonald Road end of the East Stand on a sunny day. Was it the 3-0 game with McCoist hat trick?

I love the tricks the mind plays about football games in the past. You're certain that you remember a particular incident and the game it took place in. There are already a good few already in this thread where the memory of once incident spans about 5 games probably over the same number of seasons!

McCoist hat-trick game was in August 1998 I think (from memory!)- about 6 years before David Lilley actually signed for us!

1 minute ago, CYRILLRIP said:

I love the tricks the mind plays about football games in the past. You're certain that you remember a particular incident and the game it took place in. There are already a good few already in this thread where the memory of once incident spans about 5 games probably over the same number of seasons!

McCoist hat-trick game was in August 1998 I think (from memory!)- about 6 years before David Lilley actually signed for us!

My bad! Must have been later but it happened as it was right in front of me and the whingeing from McCann had to be heard to be believed!

2 hours ago, virtuocity said:

Just get Skygod to write it then put some funny anecdotes in and claim it as your own.

What’s the second book about? That’ll be getting bought.

It's a novel, about the trials and tribulations of parenthood. I very much go with the "write about what you know" theory of writing...

Hopeful folk will find it as funny as Kerby. 

My story just happened a couple of weeks  ago am a painter and decorator and I was working for Ronnie Hamilton and his lovely wife my dad was working with me and he was there when Killie won the league and that great night against Eintracht it was a lovely moment he told us some great stories about his time as a player and chairman It was a privilege to meet a Killie great  

Mines from many years ago as my wife was taking my sons to a birthday party on the saturday I decided to take my 6year old daughter to the killie v stranraer game  at rugby park it was a day sponsored by Burger King and the kids were being given freebies before the game stood in big queue in west stand and didn't get to our seats till 4minutes had been played unaware that we had conceded a goal in1st minute went home thinking game had finished 0-0  didn't find out score till later at night.

35 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Mines from many years ago as my wife was taking my sons to a birthday party on the saturday I decided to take my 6year old daughter to the killie v stranraer game  at rugby park it was a day sponsored by Burger King and the kids were being given freebies before the game stood in big queue in west stand and didn't get to our seats till 4minutes had been played unaware that we had conceded a goal in1st minute went home thinking game had finished 0-0  didn't find out score till later at night.

Was that the game Darren Henderson scored from a corner?

2 hours ago, Killie1984 said:

Is that when he borrowed the table and chairs? 

Yes....

His parents were over for Xmas so he asked the Park Suite for a table for 4 for xmas dinner. It was late notice but they juggled the seating and got him sorted.

He then rocked up in a van .... to collect the table and four chairs as he didn't have a big enough table at home.

I’m sure this happened in one of my early or maybe even my first visit to Rugby Park in the mid 70s - does anyone remember if Davie Provan got sent off for spitting on an opponent? It’s certainly my first memory from a game, but I’ve never found any mention of the incident. 

1 hour ago, CYRILLRIP said:

I’m sure this happened in one of my early or maybe even my first visit to Rugby Park in the mid 70s - does anyone remember if Davie Provan got sent off for spitting on an opponent? It’s certainly my first memory from a game, but I’ve never found any mention of the incident. 

3-2 defeat to Stirling Albion (Steedman was the Albion player) I think.

For the Scottish Cup 5th round game against Inverness in 2009, my wife and I stayed at the Kingsmills Hotel, which, as it turned out was where the team was staying. I bumped into Jim Jeffries and Billy Brown in the foyer and chatted to them (or perhaps it was at them) for a couple of minutes. I told them I was going to the game etc. Jeffries said nothing, but looked quite confused, Billy was bouncing around the place like Zebidee (maybe he needed a piss). Billy then reached into his pocket and have me 6 tickets for the game.

I still haven't figured out if they were confused by the fact that an Irish guy had travelled to see Killie, or if they hadn't a clue what I had been saying.

6 hours ago, caltonkid said:

My own Killie story took place years ago when i was working as a gas engineer in Glasgow - to set the scene Celtic or rather Fergus McCann had enticed Tommy Burns back to Parkhead and us Killie fans weren't happy to say the least, so much so that when we played them at Hampden Park (Parkhead was being renovated) our then chairman Bobby Fleeting refused a seat with the big wigs and came and sat with the fans in the stand (infamous Rod Stewart impersonator game). Anyway the winter that year was horrific and we were doing sub contractor work for the then Scottish Gas, we were meeting up at one of their offices in the south side of Glasgow and given a hand of work with the instruction - just get customers up and running, no matter the cost/time etc  or as a contractor a chance to rip the arse out of it !!!! Gets my pile of jobs and they were prioritised into when jobs had been called in, so some of the customers had been without gas, without heating or hot water for 3 or 4 days, so i picks my first job of the day just round the corner from the office in Pollockshields, drives up to the house and discover it's a massive detached mansion with a huge driveway, puts the foot down in my van and skids up to the front door, puts my jacket and Killie bunnet on and goes up the front steps to the house and the door is opened by no other than .......... Wee Fergus McCann !!!! He's wearing a Celtic dressing gown and he looks at my bunnet and started laughing - not as much as me right enough as i'm pissing myself at him in his Celtic dressing gown and slippers .... After a bit of bantering with him and his wife i managed to get his heating up and running for him and he couldn't have been any nicer tbh

Just watched the "Tommy Burns Saga" on youtube. McCann is a horrible , horrible wee CNUT. Bobby Fleeting on the other hand, what a guy!

10 hours ago, marie osmond said:

3-2 defeat to Stirling Albion (Steedman was the Albion player) I think.

Definitely at RP and the opponent was called Steedman. I would have said East Stirlingshire but it looks like 29 October 1977 against Stirling Albion.

The strange thing is he never seemed to serve any suspension. I can't remember how it worked in those days - probably a totting up of points.

It was born out of frustration but was a disgusting thing to do. 

21 hours ago, CYRILLRIP said:

It is a fact, he did get sent off against Airdrie I believe at RP for spitting on an opponent. 

On 4/3/2020 at 9:10 AM, baz said:

I've started working on a similar book but its more about fans stories/experiences than the club itself, but like Dillinger its difficult trying to juggle it with other things and progress is dead slow and stop at the moment...plus interviewing is proving not so easy at the moment and its better to hear things first hand. Hopefully I can pick it up again nearer the end of the year...so get thinking about your funniest/saddest/strangest Killie stories and get in touch.

This is a story about a guy I knew. The incident occurred at the old Rugby park against rangers before he left the house to go to said game he had eaten half a rhubarb pie and after a few pints in the pub he made it into the ground. Halfway through the game he felt the sudden need to go to the toilet,as he toiled to get through the crowd and desperately needing to use the cubicle he got there and the cubicle was already in use. So he shouted at the guy "are you going to be long" and he replied a couple of minutes. It got to the stage where he apologised to a couple of lads having a pee and pulled his trousers down and placed his ar*se over the urinal and whoosh it came out. When the guy left the cubicle the lad made a quick move into the now vacant cubicle and carried on where he left off. He was sitting there when he heard a guy saying "for f*ck sake has the police horse been in here.