Fill Yer Boots, Folks!

Mclean07

6 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

You spectacularly miss the point. I deal in the real world where you have to deal with all types. And so would the Nats have to, if they ever had to do real politics rather than that of the playgroup. They were fully behind the corporate world. 

You really have some brass neck, slag Slamond off left right and centre and then defend the indefensible when it's your beloved British Elite.

You are a shambles, and absolute shambles with zero credibility.

18 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Regardless of your own conviction that Labour have helped those on lower incomes significantly more than the SNP I myself and it would seem a large number of the people of Scotland can find no evidence of it. The SNP as I say have fallen short in many ways but really it says it all when a party set up with the intention of obtaining independence have done no worse than a party whose raison d'etre is to empower working people.

Regarding Brown's tax credits idea it took the Tories about 10 minutes to kick that house of cards over yet in ten years Nu Labour never rowed back any of Tharcher's attacks on working peoples dignity.  Like forcing councils to sell their housing stock off at rock bottom prices without the ability to replace it. A policy designed to divide working people yet Labour did nothing about it.

Or the minimum wage, a policy which legitimises poverty wages. As you say Wee Nicola was probably trumpeting that as a victory too. Lets see Brown or Blair try to get by on their own minimum wage.

The Labour party of Blair would have been an embarrassment to the founding fathers had they still been alive. 

Really? I must have been dreaming about all those payments going into bank accounts  I saw when interviewing young families and pensioners. I must have been dreaming that legislation was passed to help working people by skewing the tax system to give them rebates and to introduce child credits and pensioner credits. Really mate, try and at least deal in facts rather than your nonsense hatred of Blair. The Labout founding fathers tried to introduce a minimum wage for decades and never managed it and Clement Atlee’s patriotism made Tony Blair look like Corbyn. Go and read the Attlee biography by John Bew and learn something. Oh, and he introduced the nuclear deterrent, the Red Tory bastard!!
The trouble with your posts are they are largely fact free and based on “feelings”. You know very little political history.

22 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

Question for independence clowns , if we were independent would we be able to survive this without becoming bankrupt ?  And what is wee burnie going to do when Westminster decides to stop or dramatically cut the furlough payments , will she still tell Scots not to go to work ? 

You’re 100% correct. We have no money for furlough payments and would have been thoroughly bankrupt with the collapse in oil revenue and the loss of the fiscal transfer. Also, we would still be following the Bank of England monetary policy if we had the pound or alternatively the bawbee would have been destroyed by the speculators. 

20 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

My dad was at Masseys Bonbon. British Leyland Oxford recruited a fair few of the lads, when it closed, hence me moving south. Was gutted as I was 17 but everywhere in Ayrshire seemed to be hit very hard with closures. 

with apologies for digression!

Pity the we didn’t have Indy mate. The Government would have ordered Massey it stay or immediately conjured up a replacement and you wouldn’t have had to move.

5 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Really? I must have been dreaming about all those payments going into bank accounts  I saw when interviewing young families and pensioners. I must have been dreaming that legislation was passed to help working people by skewing the tax system to give them rebates and to introduce child credits and pensioner credits. Really mate, try and at least deal in facts rather than your nonsense hatred of Blair. The Labout founding fathers tried to introduce a minimum wage for decades and never managed it and Clement Atlee’s patriotism made Tony Blair look like Corbyn. Go and read the Attlee biography by John Bew and learn something. Oh, and he introduced the nuclear deterrent, the Red Tory bastard!!
The trouble with your posts are they are largely fact free and based on “feelings”. You know very little political history.

You still never engaged with my perfectly valid point that Blair never touched Thatcher's council house sell off but Cameron kicked tax credits into touch in short order. These are the facts and political history you don't want to engage with.

17 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Question for unionist forelock tugging idiots.  If this is a union you constantly tell us, why would a chancellor decide to stop or reduce such payments when public health dictates otherwise, other than to force one founding part to bend their knee and do as London bids????

Honeslty you absolute clowns behave in the manner of supporting a foreign entity in a war against your own people. 

Answer the question WHY this would be done, WHY?  Are Scots lives with less then English lives, or is all life on this island simply worthless in the face of right wing capitalism, which you lot will support above and before anything?

Get your Government to raise taxes to pay for it, like the Scandinavian country you aspire to be and see how the “progressive” Scots react. You can’t expect to suck at the Westminster tit forever. Stand on your own two feet. Or do you suddenly need Westminster? 

2 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

You still never engaged with my perfectly valid point that Blair never touched Thatcher's council house sell off but Cameron kicked tax credits into touch in short order. These are the facts and political history you don't want to engage with.

Tax credits are still there. Still fact free.

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

Pity the we didn’t have Indy mate. The Government would have ordered Massey it stay or immediately conjured up a replacement and you wouldn’t have had to move.

I never agreed with the fantasists that the Nats would have had a magic solution to the industrial devastation across Ayrshire. Just that they are better than the Tories and doing at lest as well if not better than Labour. 

4 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I never agreed with the fantasists that the Nats would have had a magic solution to the industrial devastation across Ayrshire. Just that they are better than the Tories and doing at lest as well if not better than Labour. 

Exactly how? Give me examples of how they’ve helped industrial Ayrshire and how it’s better than Labour. Genuinely have no evidence, so I’m really interested to hear what you come up with. 

2 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Tax credits are still there. Still fact free.

"Short order" was maybe a bit of an emotional bit of poetic licence from the facts. They started demolishing them quite rapidly, they are "still there" in name at least but nobody will get any very soon.

Tax credits will eventually be replaced by universal credit which began to be introduced geographically in April 2013 and is now available across the UK. Most people can no longer make a brand new claim for tax credits. Eventually all existing tax credit claimants will also be moved to universal credit in a managed exercise and it is expected that this will happen between 2020 and 2023. This will follow a pilot involving up to 10,000 people who will be moved between July 2019 and July 2020.

Every independent observer has commented that Universal Credit will hit the poorest hardest. Those unable to find a council house sold if in the great Thatcher gold rush for the wealthy.

1 minute ago, gdevoy said:

"Short order" was maybe a bit of an emotional bit of poetic licence from the facts. They started demolishing them quite rapidly, they are "still there" in name at least but nobody will get any very soon.

Tax credits will eventually be replaced by universal credit which began to be introduced geographically in April 2013 and is now available across the UK. Most people can no longer make a brand new claim for tax credits. Eventually all existing tax credit claimants will also be moved to universal credit in a managed exercise and it is expected that this will happen between 2020 and 2023. This will follow a pilot involving up to 10,000 people who will be moved between July 2019 and July 2020.

Every independent observer has commented that Universal Credit will hit the poorest hardest. Those unable to find a council house sold if in the great Thatcher gold rush for the wealthy.

I didn’t agree with Council house sales, but isn’t it funny in left wing Scotland how many bought them. No one forced them. They could have stood by their principles. But no. I was working in left wing Glasgow and we couldn’t cope with the rush. But then I’m not in Brigadoon land. I know the Scots are just as greedy as the English. Cheers! 

Just now, Mclean07 said:

Exactly how? Give me examples of how they’ve helped industrial Ayrshire and how it’s better than Labour. Genuinely have no evidence, so I’m really interested to hear what you come up with. 

Nobody has helped Industry in Ayrshire. The second sentence applied to Scotland as a whole.

But the Nats have done no worse in Ayrshire than anybody else.

3 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I didn’t agree with Council house sales, but isn’t it funny in left wing Scotland how many bought them. No one forced them. They could have stood by their principles. But no. I was working in left wing Glasgow and we couldn’t cope with the rush. But then I’m not in Brigadoon land. I know the Scots are just as greedy as the English. Cheers! 

I do sympathise with your point that some of the supernats may be a bit disappointed with just how conservative with a small c most of Scotland is.

17 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Get your Government to raise taxes to pay for it, like the Scandinavian country you aspire to be and see how the “progressive” Scots react. You can’t expect to suck at the Westminster tit forever. Stand on your own two feet. Or do you suddenly need Westminster? 

We dont have the powers to do these things FFS.  You're also completely missing the point, Scotland has already paid its taxes for this stuff, and given it to Wam, why the f**k should we need to pay taxes again for it.

And its also your government,  your wording shows you up for the rabid yoon you are.

19 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Nobody has helped Industry in Ayrshire. The second sentence applied to Scotland as a whole.

But the Nats have done no worse in Ayrshire than anybody else.

So like everyone else when challenged, you cannot justify Your comment the the Nats have done as well or better than Labour. You cannot name one major success in 12 years of receiving billions of pounds and having almost the highest spend per head in the UK. I can, however, point to Labour putting money straight into the hands of working people. Isn’t it amazing his people tho k Labour were so bad but the Nats have achieved the square root of F all and I fact have harmed the economy with their destruction of Scottish education. 

19 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

We dont have the powers to do these things FFS.  You're also completely missing the point, Scotland has already paid its taxes for this stuff, and given it to Wam, why the f**k should we need to pay taxes again for it.

And its also your government,  your wording shows you up for the rabid yoon you are.

Too wee, too poor eh! Funny how you claim the credit for any “successes”. Complete waste of 12 years of actively harming the Scottish economy and education and causing bitterness and division. 

10 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

So like everyone else when challenged, you cannot justify Your comment the the Nats have done as well or better than Labour. You cannot name one major success in 12 years of receiving billions of pounds and having almost the highest spend per head in the UK. I can, however, point to Labour putting money straight into the hands of working people. Isn’t it amazing his people tho k Labour were so bad but the Nats have achieved the square root of F all and I fact have harmed the economy with their destruction of Scottish education. 

I said they had, exactly like Labour who have much, much more leverage than the Nats, done nothing for "Ayrshire".

Nationwide they abolished prescription charges, and the road tolls on bridges, they brought in road equivalent tarrifs on ferrys and a fairer system of ncome tax. I pay more in income tax to live her than I would down south and I am happy to pay it to live here. The cost per head is always going to be more because of the geography.

People in Ayrshire are tired of being taken for granted and screwed over for years and years by Labour and left at the mercy of the Tory looters and parasites. Particularly by Blairite Labour and so that is why they have voted for the incompetence of the Nats. Because they offer something Labour never did. Hope.

9 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Too wee, too poor eh! Funny how you claim the credit for any “successes”. Complete waste of 12 years of actively harming the Scottish economy and education and causing bitterness and division. 

Unlike the bitterness and division of the Labour Party in Scotland ? In the same way that Corbyn enabled the Tories to hammer Labour in the last General election, Scottish Labour have enabled the SNP to hammer them in Scotland by being completely and utterly useless. There is no Scottish Labour Party because they have toed the party line even when it was obvious that doing so would be disastrous. 

54 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Unlike the bitterness and division of the Labour Party in Scotland ? In the same way that Corbyn enabled the Tories to hammer Labour in the last General election, Scottish Labour have enabled the SNP to hammer them in Scotland by being completely and utterly useless. There is no Scottish Labour Party because they have toed the party line even when it was obvious that doing so would be disastrous. 

Unfortunately this is true but I believe Starmer will be more effective than Corbyn ever could be . 

The problem though , as has been said before on this forum , is the lack of Labour talent coming through here. 

21 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Forgive me for this mini rant, I was night shift last night and had a crap sleep due to the heat - But lift the lockdown, there are too many arseholes in the world and we should let natural selection run its course. I’m watching footage of Portobello beach. It’s teaming with sunbathers and it looks like the shops are open on the packed promenade. A few miles away at the Western General hospital nine members of staff on a ‘Green zone’ ward have just tested positive for covid-19 and several patients have been re-admitted, after apparently developing a second strain of the virus. 

I’ve been sweating my bollocks off in PPE. My face is all marked and has developed a rash from the masks. I feel physically and mentally drained at the end of my shift. I also have banging headaches from dehydration. And you selfish bastards can’t even use a bit of common sense. f**k the lot of you. 

Your a f**king legend Zorro.  Was in Heartlands Hospital, Birmingham today and no way am I gonna disrespect the rules and by association folk like you. Salute. 

9 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Youd know bitterness better than any, as you are singularly the most bitter person I have ever encountered.  As for Division, your beloved labour are great proponents of that too, theyd vote to shiit their own granny if it meant they could get power, a more useless shower if spineless self serving arseholes there has never been.

Call themselves Scottish Labour and then deliberately and very underhand stop the transfer of power from WM to Edinburgh, spineless shameful and cowardly w****rs the lot of them.

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

Forgive me for this mini rant, I was night shift last night and had a crap sleep due to the heat - But lift the lockdown, there are too many arseholes in the world and we should let natural selection run its course. I’m watching footage of Portobello beach. It’s teaming with sunbathers and it looks like the shops are open on the packed promenade. A few miles away at the Western General hospital nine members of staff on a ‘Green zone’ ward have just tested positive for covid-19 and several patients have been re-admitted, after apparently developing a second strain of the virus. 

I’ve been sweating my bollocks off in PPE. My face is all marked and has developed a rash from the masks. I feel physically and mentally drained at the end of my shift. I also have banging headaches from dehydration. And you selfish bastards can’t even use a bit of common sense. f**k the lot of you. 

Canny argue with any of this.

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

... and several patients have been re-admitted, after apparently developing a second strain of the virus. 

Sounds similar to stories comming from China about the virus mutating into other forms. I think the main message us there will be no quick fix. No single super vaccine that solves everything.