Fill Yer Boots, Folks!

Mclean07

9 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Sounds similar to stories comming from China about the virus mutating into other forms. I think the main message us there will be no quick fix. No single super vaccine that solves everything.

I’d read suggestions the mutations are occurring in the protein which allows the virus to attack human cells. f**k knows if it’s a ‘credible threat’, but it seems reckless to start easing restrictions until we know what we’re up against. Either that or scrap them altogether so we can all get back to the pub and away on holiday, while hundreds of thousands die. 

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

I’d read suggestions the mutations are occurring in the protein which allows the virus to attack human cells. f**k knows if it’s a ‘credible threat’, but it seems reckless to start easing restrictions until we know what we’re up against. Either that or scrap them altogether so we can all get back to the pub and away on holiday, while hundreds of thousands die. 

The general public have become complacent about health like many other issues. They expect the NHS to deal with loads of stuff and the NHS do using medication and methods developed over many years of trial and occasional error.

This thing is totally new. It is a virus the human immune system has not seen before and neither had the Medical profession. As I understand it the nearest thing we gave seen is the Common Cold virus. We gave had centuries trying to contain that with little success and no vaccine ever discovered.

Also, as I understand it the virus genetic makeup is shown to be either not viable or not a threat to humans in modelling. This is why they believe it is not man made. It also hints to me that its behaviour is going to be poorly understood with current genetic models. 

All in all it sounds like a complete bastard to contain given the best will in the world. Add in idiotic political animals like Trump, Putin, Bolsanaro and Johnston and the the projected death toll just goes up and up. 

I'm also certain Nicola Sturgeon will be shown to have made some errors of judgement along the way. However I feel her ambition is more tempered by some sense if responsibility.

Edited by gdevoy

On 5/20/2020 at 10:49 AM, gdevoy said:

I said they had, exactly like Labour who have much, much more leverage than the Nats, done nothing for "Ayrshire".

Nationwide they abolished prescription charges, and the road tolls on bridges, they brought in road equivalent tarrifs on ferrys and a fairer system of ncome tax. I pay more in income tax to live her than I would down south and I am happy to pay it to live here. The cost per head is always going to be more because of the geography.

People in Ayrshire are tired of being taken for granted and screwed over for years and years by Labour and left at the mercy of the Tory looters and parasites. Particularly by Blairite Labour and so that is why they have voted for the incompetence of the Nats. Because they offer something Labour never did. Hope.

I won’t debate you any further on this, as you completely ignore the facts with your hatred of New Labour in particular. You are back to saying that Labour screwed over Ayrshire with no evidence whatsoever and despite the fact it is indisputable Labour put more money into the pockets of ordinary people. I can’t believe you are quoting bridge tolls again as a progressive achievement. Do you realise how ridiculous that sounds? You quote prescription charges. The poor and old already got those free and all it did was give better off people something they didn’t need at the expense of money into the NHS. They gave the richest people the biggest breaks with the council tax freeze and deprive the poor of services and they pay the fees of well off students and cut back on further education for the poor. They are currently refusing a rent freeze that the Greens and Labour have proposed, but subsidise landlords and second home owners. Tartan tories indeed. And all of your little perks would not be possible without the thirteen billion fiscal transfer, so thank the UK, not the SNP. The bottom line is that you can post nothing that proves  the SNP have been better than Labour for Ayrshire. In fact, given the abysmal record on economic growth and kids education, they have damaged Ayrshire prospects. Even Prince bloody Charles has done more with the creation of a world class facility with fantastic educational facilities and over 200 living wage jobs! I asked Scooter to list the industries the SNP had brought back, given he ranted about Labour not reversing the Tory carnage. Unsurprisingly I didn’t get the list, because real Government is difficult. Isn’t it funny how Labour putting money in ordinary people’s pockets is a handout but SNP perks for the middle class is progressive? This is my last word to you on this subject. 

You dont debate with anyone McLean, you post SNP bad horses**t wveryday, in between posting pish about how Scotland would be a cross between expressionist mid west america with parents selling children, and north lorea if we were independent.

Both display you total hatred for Scotland.

Edited by Beaker71

4 hours ago, Zorro said:

It saddens me to see a Labour man to thinking a low wage economy and more people on benefits is a success. It doesn’t surprise me, but it still saddens me. 

A culture imposed by Thatcher and built on by Blair. Seeing Blair's time in power as something to be proud of is the main reason Labiur gave bren tod to GTF in Scotland. If the current lot could accept that the biggest advocate of the Thatcher revolution after her was Blair then we could move on.

Peopke here are just not going to vote fo another Blair.

Edited by gdevoy

42 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

A culture imposed by Thatcher and built on by Blair. Seeing Blair's time in power as something to be proud of is the main reason Labiur gave bren tod to GTF in Scotland. If the current lot could accept that the biggest advocate of the Thatcher revolution after her was Blair then we could move on.

Peopke here are just not going to vote fo another Blair.

In your opinion which was worse, Thatchers drive to privatise many nationalised industries and selling off the public housing stock to fund her right wing ideology or Blair doing the same on the never never? 

7 hours ago, Zorro said:

In your opinion which was worse, Thatchers drive to privatise many nationalised industries and selling off the public housing stock to fund her right wing ideology or Blair doing the same on the never never? 

That's a seriously tricky question.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I’d have a wee look after a few days off. I’m beginning to think there is some sort of filter that prevents anyone else commenting on the Scottish Government. Trump, plenty, Johnson plenty, and both rightly so, given the disasters they both are, but nothing in the Scottish Government. I’m in now way surprised. I’ve stayed off for moths in the past and not a semblance of debate or criticism appears. The is not a political forum, it’s an SNP fan club, and within it I’m pretty sure there is no diversity, as is the norm in Scotland. 

Anyway, even though it’s a waste of breath, I watch Sturgeon at the end of last week. Very impressive doing her little speech, but the the annoying bit comes. People daring to ask her questionS. The body language changes and the mouth tightens. Journalists are only allowed one question, which is easy to bat away. Without a follow up question it’s of little use. No wonder she appears every day. It’s a piece of piss, and fools the dafties who think being among the top performers in terms of infections and people dead is “doing well”. It’s not surprising sine the national media give her a free pass (including the liberal media) and the Scottish media are lazy and grovelling and scared. When a national media station collates a video of school kids thanking “Nicola” for keeping us  safe, you can see the mindset. Mind you she maybe didn’t keep their Granny safe. 

Johnson and Trump are complete f**kwits, but standing back like gullible fools and not examining our own record, just because the leader sounds the same as you is no use to anyone, and it does Scotland no good. If you’re happy with our performance, pity the poor souls that have died. You’re welcome.......

DD495C9A-5CC4-4904-9769-50431C514C0E.png.a251bf3a03edb0e18487547192771054.png

019F875D-DAA3-48A2-AC8B-20D71DC34936.jpeg.d2315f54f43d69097187a63600561dfa.jpeg

E9E3579F-BBEA-4553-80FD-ED1D560CC4EA.jpeg.05227931f49fa3fb7b621f98cc1cb6b5.jpeg914BD466-0539-4A51-AFC2-C0084ED45E6B.jpeg.7bf826fcbddba0ff8f2557c05e7d14fa.jpeg

9509BE11-B6F5-4DCB-B208-4BF4A8D3F317.jpeg.915a0ad9a88932425b10814ae25aaead.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

The is not a political forum, it’s an SNP fan club, and within it I’m pretty sure there is no diversity, as is the norm in Scotland. 

This became particularly evident from the incredulity at the 2014 referendum result. Virtually every poster on here was a YES supporter and it came as a bit of a shock that not only did NO voters exist but that there were lots of them. Of course they must be old crumbllies and coffin dodgers who did not really deserve a vote.

There is an acceptance on here that the Scottish government is doing better than Westminster but there is no data to inform any direct comparison. In fact any sort of like with like comparison us difficult. All that is clear to me us that the UK is no better than the worst of the Eurooean countries and Scotland is doing no better on care homes than anybody else. 

Comparing Scotland in general with England is difficult to do fairly because the population density is so different. All I will say is that Nucola diesnt seem to hide nearly as much as Boris although as you say she us not too keen kn awkward questions.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Thought I’d have a wee look after a few days off. I’m beginning to think there is some sort of filter that prevents anyone else commenting on the Scottish Government. Trump, plenty, Johnson plenty, and both rightly so, given the disasters they both are, but nothing in the Scottish Government. I’m in now way surprised. I’ve stayed off for moths in the past and not a semblance of debate or criticism appears. The is not a political forum, it’s an SNP fan club, and within it I’m pretty sure there is no diversity, as is the norm in Scotland. 

Anyway, even though it’s a waste of breath, I watch Sturgeon at the end of last week. Very impressive doing her little speech, but the the annoying bit comes. People daring to ask her questionS. The body language changes and the mouth tightens. Journalists are only allowed one question, which is easy to bat away. Without a follow up question it’s of little use. No wonder she appears every day. It’s a piece of piss, and fools the dafties who think being among the top performers in terms of infections and people dead is “doing well”. It’s not surprising sine the national media give her a free pass (including the liberal media) and the Scottish media are lazy and grovelling and scared. When a national media station collates a video of school kids thanking “Nicola” for keeping us  safe, you can see the mindset. Mind you she maybe didn’t keep their Granny safe. 

Johnson and Trump are complete f**kwits, but standing back like gullible fools and not examining our own record, just because the leader sounds the same as you is no use to anyone, and it does Scotland no good. If you’re happy with our performance, pity the poor souls that have died. You’re welcome.......

DD495C9A-5CC4-4904-9769-50431C514C0E.png.a251bf3a03edb0e18487547192771054.png

019F875D-DAA3-48A2-AC8B-20D71DC34936.jpeg.d2315f54f43d69097187a63600561dfa.jpeg

E9E3579F-BBEA-4553-80FD-ED1D560CC4EA.jpeg.05227931f49fa3fb7b621f98cc1cb6b5.jpeg914BD466-0539-4A51-AFC2-C0084ED45E6B.jpeg.7bf826fcbddba0ff8f2557c05e7d14fa.jpeg

9509BE11-B6F5-4DCB-B208-4BF4A8D3F317.jpeg.915a0ad9a88932425b10814ae25aaead.jpeg

You're hatred for Scotland literally has no limit.   You've not said a single thing at all about the WM tory shambles,  yet you're constantly posting utter bollox about the scot gov.

There isnt enough sugar on the planet to take the edge of your bitterness.

You're also still.peddling this Nike conference nonsense,  you need a sabbatical from this forum forever,  embittered and twisted beyond parody which shows up in every single post.

39 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

All I will say is that Nucola diesnt  seem to hide nearly as much as Boris although as you say she us not too keen kn awkward questions.

Literally have you or McLean ever watched ANY of the LIVE daily briefings? 

They are filled with the usual SNP baad, Union Good pish.

And you cites for Ian Murray ffs, that should bar you from ever answering a political question again.

20 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

……...……...…., that should bar you from ever answering a political question again.

An interesting approach to a new politically free and open Scotland. "If you don't like peoples opinions, don't let them express them." Its got a kinda Chinese ring to it.

Paul Sinclair- exLabour spin doctor, now working for the tories. I can see why he’d appeal to mclean. However I thought everyone would’ve stopped flogging the dead Nike conference horse when they found out Gillian Russell and her brave band of kilt fitters, fitted the kilts three days before the infected delegate flew into Scotland. It’s interesting that the Scottish media never asks her why she flew to Portugal and attended a retirement party after developing ‘flu-like symptoms’. Government advice and common sense should’ve told the kilt fitting unionist those were stupidly irresponsible acts. It’s almost as if their concerns are political rather than public health. 

Talking of public health, do you know why the U.K. is rabies free? It’s because we’re an island and have complete control of our borders. Animals coming here either have to comply with the PETS regulations or face quarantine until it’s confirmed they don’t have the disease. Why is this important? It’s important because it highlights the stupidity of allowing 18 million people to fly into the U.K. without any checks for Covid-19. This includes people flying from known Covid-19 hotspots. The U.K. border is controlled by the U.K. government. There’s the source of the problem. Not a conference in Edinburgh 

2 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Talking of public health, do you know why the U.K. is rabies free? It’s because we’re an island and have complete control of our borders. Animals coming here either have to comply with the PETS regulations or face quarantine until it’s confirmed they don’t have the disease. Why is this important? It’s important because it highlights the stupidity of allowing 18 million people to fly into the U.K. without any checks for Covid-19. This includes people flying from known Covid-19 hotspots. The U.K. border is controlled by the U.K. government. There’s the source of the problem. Not a conference in Edinburgh 

Funnily enough was just thinking now the UK is "past the peak", is it time for them to explain the shocking death rate and continued rate of infection as an island . The overall cock up is that of WM with travel and yes you can solely bash the SNP if you chose (or any devolved govt), but they are and always will be constrained by WM but also subliminally forced to follow some of their "expert" guidance. The shocking neglect of care homes perhaps evidenced in this. Be interesting to hear the full story on this as I thought it was WM that said risk to care homes was minimal. 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

An interesting approach to a new politically free and open Scotland. "If you don't like peoples opinions, don't let them express them." Its got a kinda Chinese ring to it.

It was of course said only half seriously ffs.  But cmon I mean Ian f**king Murray, the man is a baw hair of being a Tory, surely you could've voted for the cabbage party even they would be better than ian union jack suit murray, he is oke of the largest jockholme suffering bellends in the island.

Saw a post on Facebook earlier showing the UK death toll was 324, while the rest of europe put together wasnt that far ik front.  Yet we have McLean with his SNP baaad bollocks remaining silent on the UK Govt,  and that self same UK govt trying their best to relax as much as possible without making it clear they couldn't give a f**k about anything other than cash.

Every yoon on here from Drew to McLean who refuse to criticise the UK govt but give it krankie this, and nippy that should be f**king ashamed of themselves.  They are supporting a shambolic uncaring shower of absolute c**ts in WM over the exact opposite in the devolved governments.

6 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Saw a post on Facebook earlier showing the UK death toll was 324, while the rest of europe put together wasnt that far ik front.  Yet we have McLean with his SNP baaad bollocks remaining silent on the UK Govt,  and that self same UK govt trying their best to relax as much as possible without making it clear they couldn't give a f**k about anything other than cash.

Every yoon on here from Drew to McLean who refuse to criticise the UK govt but give it krankie this, and nippy that should be f**king ashamed of themselves.  They are supporting a shambolic uncaring shower of absolute c**ts in WM over the exact opposite in the devolved governments.

I canny be a Yoon then. I have a notion the Scottish government is doing better than Westminster but it is really difficult to quantify a fair comparison and I find it a bit macabre  we are turning it into a competition.

There could be many reasons why one region or country is better or worse . Not all of them are down to govvernment. 

You have the absurdity of Carlaw trying to score points off the SNP then getting shat on by Westminster. 

On 5/23/2020 at 12:52 AM, gdevoy said:

That's a seriously tricky question.

I don’t think it is tbh, most of the National Stalwart Industries were on their way out, British Rail, Coal, being the most obvious. British Steel was an absolute nightmare for U.K. Production and the sub groups within the NHS too. But to put U.K. into enormous debt from which it will struggle to ever resolve, to send us into wars in an area known for its volatility , to create a “minimum wage” which in reality drove down wages all over, and created a reliance on tax payer based Welfare Benefits, no Blair was every bit as bad as Thatcher and let’s not forget the Billions he threw at US Service Providers, unforgivable in my opinion.

Blair is the reason why so many people head out to work for the princely net sum of £5 per hour. 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

I canny be a Yoon then. I have a notion the Scottish government is doing better than Westminster but it is really difficult to quantify a fair comparison and I find it a bit macabre  we are turning it into a competition.

There could be many reasons why one region or country is better or worse . Not all of them are down to govvernment. 

You have the absurdity of Carlaw trying to score points off the SNP then getting shat on by Westminster. 

Anytime one of these pissing contests comes up, I’m reminded of Fatty Foulkes’s only major contribution to politics. 

CF9A57C0-CFC9-4305-85B6-E564CDCFEFAB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Anytime one of these pissing contests comes up, I’m reminded of Fatty Foulkes’s only major contribution to politics. 

CF9A57C0-CFC9-4305-85B6-E564CDCFEFAB.jpeg

Ha ha ha! How pathetic. Says it all. C780 died in last 48 hours. Govt and scientists cant say where new infections are coming from. Back to School in England tomozza. Out of their depth

15 minutes ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Ha ha ha! How pathetic. Says it all. C780 died in last 48 hours. Govt and scientists cant say where new infections are coming from. Back to School in England tomozza. Out of their depth

They’re not only out of their depth, but their ideology is starting to shine through....  money before people and health.