Fill Yer Boots, Folks!

Mclean07

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Call me cynical but the care home scandal is more about apportioning blame on the public sector rather than private one. You’ll never convince me your average Tory has any genuine concern for their fellow man. They do have real concerns about profits, balance sheets etc. At the moment nobody’s mentioned lawyers, compensation etc, but you can bet your bottom dollar the ambulance chasers will be lining up to claim for the unnecessary death of these unfortunate residents. Setting the perception that the NHS is responsible is part of the game. 

I don’t agree that the NHS is responsible but I do however believe both Govts gave bad advice which was followed by the NHS and care homes . But how do you sue a Govt ? 

15 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Again absolutely ZERO criticism of WM, and more look look how s**te Scotland is.  You're an embarrassment of a man, full of self loathing.

It's also a matter of some debate on the death toll in England particularly in care homes, so much so that the LSE have published a study which backs up the under reporting to such as extent that some 22000 deaths would be closer to the real number.  This blows totally out of the water the wegikent put forward by yoons on care home deaths in Scotland. 

You are a piece of work, never ever has there been anyone who hated their own nation as much as you.

What would be the point of me criticising the tories on here. You and you’re mates have sickened them off of here with your constant propaganda and lack of a scrap of analysis of the SNP performance. I criticise them in other social media, we’re there are still some tories to address. I stick to trying to hold to account the party supported by 90% of the contributors to the Politics (SNP) Arena. 

1 hour ago, Bonbon19 said:

But how do you sue a Govt ? 

Which is why they’re so desperate to blame the NHS. You can sue a health trust and it doesn’t impact on care home profits. You’ll find plenty of tories with investments in private healthcare. You won’t find any who’ll lose personally from a health trust being sued. 

2 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

I stick to trying to hold to account the party supported by 90% of the contributors to the Politics (SNP) Arena. 

You don’t do a very good job of it then and I say that as one of the 10% who don’t support the SNP. 

3 hours ago, Zorro said:

Call me cynical but the care home scandal is more about apportioning blame on the public sector rather than private one. You’ll never convince me your average Tory has any genuine concern for their fellow man. They do have real concerns about profits, balance sheets etc. At the moment nobody’s mentioned lawyers, compensation etc, but you can bet your bottom dollar the ambulance chasers will be lining up to claim for the unnecessary death of these unfortunate residents. Setting the perception that the NHS is responsible is part of the game. 

Do you have any criticisms of the Scottish Government presiding over one of the worst records on covid in the world, or is it just the fault of everyone else? Are the rules that for any successes they take the credit but any failures are never theirs (in any field)? I seem to remember in the early days nationalists crowing about how well we were doing (as usual, compared to England). I was appreciate a genuine reply and not something smart arsed. 

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Do you have any criticisms of the Scottish Government presiding over one of the worst records on covid in the world, or is it just the fault of everyone else? Are the rules that for any successes they take the credit but any failures are never theirs (in any field)? I seem to remember in the early days nationalists crowing about how well we were doing (as usual, compared to England). I was appreciate a genuine reply and not something smart arsed. 

I think the Scottish government should’ve initiated the lockdown much earlier and enforced it more strictly. I would’ve liked all flights, ferries and other transportation methods into the country restricted to mitigate the spread. I would’ve liked test, track, trace and quarantine rolled out right at the beginning, however I’m an idealist. I’m unsure how you enforce a lockdown when you don’t control your borders. I’m unsure how you furlough vast swathes of the population without having the powers to borrow to  pay for it. I don’t know how they could test more in the early stages when the U.K. government took control of the supply of test kits. Is that enough criticisms for you?

Edited by Zorro

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

I think the Scottish government should’ve initiated the lockdown much earlier and enforced it more strictly. I would’ve liked all flights, ferries and other transportation methods into the country restricted to mitigate the spread. I would’ve liked test, track, trace and quarantine rolled out right at the beginning, however I’m an idealist. I’m unsure how you enforce a lockdown when you don’t control your borders. I’m unsure how you furlough vast swathes of the population without having the powers to borrow to  pay for it. I don’t know how they could test more in the early stages when the U.K. government took control of the supply of test kits. Is that enough criticisms for you?

You should volunteer these views more often. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

You should volunteer these views more often. Thank you. 

I have many other criticisms. I also think the SNP are very timid on land reforms and I’d prefer the introduction of a.Land Value tax and a universal basic income to replace all other forms of taxes and benefits in Scotland. Their public transport strategy is a mess, local government authorities need an overhaul,  and both health and education have significant room for improvement. 
However none of these changes are achievable under the Westminster system so it’s time to part ways. It has nothing to do with flags, ancient battles, tartan, kilts, clans or anglophobia...just a desire to at least try for a fairer, outward looking and welcoming country. Sorry about that. 

Edited by Zorro

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

What would be the point of me criticising the tories on here. You and you’re mates have sickened them off of here with your constant propaganda and lack of a scrap of analysis of the SNP performance. I criticise them in other social media, we’re there are still some tories to address. I stick to trying to hold to account the party supported by 90% of the contributors to the Politics (SNP) Arena. 

What's the point if criticising the Tories, did you actually ask that question???

Yet you find no issue with criticising s government who outperfom the UK equivalent in every single metric, every single time??

You've literally just made a total.arse of yourself with the above,  utterly ruined anu single iota of value anything you could bring to any debate.

Trying to justify your lack of criticism of the UK govt by blaming others who do, must be the most howfin bellend of a statement ever.

5 hours ago, Zorro said:

Except the Scottish government don't have control over the Airports, UK border controls & as part of the UK don't have independent science advisors. Also the UK government tried to take over our PPE precurement & stopped track, trace & testing at the start of the pandemic. Unfortunately we are handcuffed to these ignorant money grabbing f**k wits. Yes we should have closed down earlier but when one of the UK government NHS advisors Dido Harding is on the board at the Jockey Club & the Cheltenham Festival it just goes to prove that the Tories value their bank accounts over peoples lives. Surprise, surprise the 1st sport to start up is horse racing.

PS. I'm agreeing with you Zorro. What annoys me are people like McLean who are happy to let the Tories control us forever unless we can gain independence.

Edited by harley

4 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Really one of the worst in the world..... really!!!!

Christ almighty man the figures in Scotland are adjusted weekly to provide the estimated total impact of covid 19, our neigh ours decide to keep these numbers muted and separate.

In reality Scotland had been taking the reasonable 4 nation approach on am island, but we are also stuck with the pish from our neighbours who control the skys and ports.  So theres only so much the Scot gov can do and while mistakes have been made, none were deliberate and none were made against the scientific advice at the time.

Your assertion that the Scottish figures are amongst the worst in the world as usual doesnt stand up to real scrutiny,  but that's the same with most of your comments.

We should have ignored the UK approach and closed our borders and went into lockdown earlier.  But as we cannot control schemes such as the furlough or indeed the civil aviation aspect we are really hamstrung again, which as usual you absolutely ignore, or try the "if it's bad then we all blame London" strategy despite is actually being their power to wield and them failing massively.

But note mistakes were made genuine ones,  not deliberately supporting Cummings, and easing lockdown far too early and quickly.  Even in this to a certain extent we are being influenced by our  neighbours insane rush back to what they see as normality.  But imo the Scot Gov should not be easing too much at the moment, the R rate is still too high.

Also your desire to compare Scotland negativekt against the UK, is shining through, but it's like apples and giraffes, and with everything the UK does, its deliberate.   It makes it very difficult to provide anything they cannot twist and seasonalluly adjust with spin and propaganda,  and you lap it all up without any scrutiny and in your world you get a nice cosy feeling, which is utterly delusional and false.

15 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Really one of the worst in the world..... really!!!!

Christ almighty man the figures in Scotland are adjusted weekly to provide the estimated total impact of covid 19, our neigh ours decide to keep these numbers muted and separate.

In reality Scotland had been taking the reasonable 4 nation approach on am island, but we are also stuck with the pish from our neighbours who control the skys and ports.  So theres only so much the Scot gov can do and while mistakes have been made, none were deliberate and none were made against the scientific advice at the time.

Your assertion that the Scottish figures are amongst the worst in the world as usual doesnt stand up to real scrutiny,  but that's the same with most of your comments.

We should have ignored the UK approach and closed our borders and went into lockdown earlier.  But as we cannot control schemes such as the furlough or indeed the civil aviation aspect we are really hamstrung again, which as usual you absolutely ignore, or try the "if it's bad then we all blame London" strategy despite is actually being their power to wield and them failing massively.

But note mistakes were made genuine ones,  not deliberately supporting Cummings, and easing lockdown far too early and quickly.  Even in this to a certain extent we are being influenced by our  neighbours insane rush back to what they see as normality.  But imo the Scot Gov should not be easing too much at the moment, the R rate is still too high.

Also your desire to compare Scotland negativekt against the UK, is shining through, but it's like apples and giraffes, and with everything the UK does, its deliberate.   It makes it very difficult to provide anything they cannot twist and seasonalluly adjust with spin and propaganda,  and you lap it all up without any scrutiny and in your world you get a nice cosy feeling, which is utterly delusional and false.

Have a look at @Zorro post and you might learn something about a measure of fair mindedness . Yes, up there with the worst in the world. You can’t even accept responsibility when the facts are staring you in the face. It’s always someone else’s fault. 

Some shafts of light among some of the SNP supporters. I think we’re gradually seeing a group realising that the blind hatred of the likes of @Beaker71 and a few others on here will get them nowhere. First we have Andrew Wilson, who confirmed the deficit, fiscal transfer and years of austerity required after Indy in his Growth Commission Report, state that Ian Murray is a political opponent and a good person and not a traitor or a Tory. Then we have Mhairi Hunter bring down the disgusting claims of some SNP loons comparing Scots to Native Americans. Thus stems from the “oppressed and imperial masters” crap we get on here at times. What a take down it is. Very well done and refreshing to see, although both of the got abuse as well, obviously. 

91232BD5-8EF6-4432-BFF3-C4D5E2E453E0.png.9b4fab61db3a5ba1fc0f1445dbb1ff2e.png

F6EC5B4A-235E-4908-8462-961AC351D6E1.jpeg.76f1b3eaf343a275a4533220de372af8.jpeg

On the down side we have a person of colour receiving racist abuse from Cybernats because she dared ask Nicola to comment on the situation in the USA. NS subsequently did. 

6ACA40D8-4096-43B6-BE77-BFEA279EE959.jpeg.a98d2477d58c8c066d5e7ae438cd77c2.jpeg

And then we have this clown embarrassing our once proud nation again, with the constant identity politics, wearing a flag on her face.

E08CD291-924B-4123-AFA9-6CCA550B3872.png.1b6d730e43222db01a3c8f22c48259a2.png

17 hours ago, Zorro said:

I have many other criticisms. I also think the SNP are very timid on land reforms and I’d prefer the introduction of a.Land Value tax and a universal basic income to replace all other forms of taxes and benefits in Scotland. Their public transport strategy is a mess, local government authorities need an overhaul,  and both health and education have significant room for improvement. 
However none of these changes are achievable under the Westminster system so it’s time to part ways. It has nothing to do with flags, ancient battles, tartan, kilts, clans or anglophobia...just a desire to at least try for a fairer, outward looking and welcoming country. Sorry about that. 

I would wish you well with all of that. At the moment, sadly, on your last point, I see a very parochial inward looking country with a victim mentality and no evidence that we are more welcoming than anyone else. One of my fears is it would actually get worse with independence and the subsequent financial stresses.  

22 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Have a look at @Zorro post and you might learn something about a measure of fair mindedness . Yes, up there with the worst in the world. You can’t even accept responsibility when the facts are staring you in the face. It’s always someone else’s fault. 

Zorros does not support your statement in any way.  It's always the SNP bad,  you cannot face facts your utterly delusional and live in a fantasy, when the test of us live the nightmare of your beloved union.

10 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Some shafts of light among some of the SNP supporters. I think we’re gradually seeing a group realising that the blind hatred of the likes of @Beaker71 and a few others on here will get them nowhere. First we have Andrew Wilson, who confirmed the deficit, fiscal transfer and years of austerity required after Indy in his Growth Commission Report, state that Ian Murray is a political opponent and a good person and not a traitor or a Tory. Then we have Mhairi Hunter bring down the disgusting claims of some SNP loons comparing Scots to Native Americans. Thus stems from the “oppressed and imperial masters” crap we get on here at times. What a take down it is. Very well done and refreshing to see, although both of the got abuse as well, obviously. 

On the down side we have a person of colour receiving racist abuse from Cybernats because she dared ask Nicola to comment on the situation in the USA. NS subsequently did. 

And then we have this clown embarrassing our once proud nation again, with the constant identity politics, wearing a flag on her face.

Your the one embarrassing yourself and the nation.

11 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Some shafts of light among some of the SNP supporters. I think we’re gradually seeing a group realising that the blind hatred of the likes of @Beaker71 and a few others on here will get them nowhere. 

Blind hatred is it? What an odious statement, from someone who has more self loathing for his nation than anyone else ever.

Your delusional and simply sour the same tired s**te which you've been owned over time and time again.

You are unable to grasp the basic premise of the so called deficit, is that this is what it's like IN the union and it's based on apportioned spending after the fact based on assumptions that everything is the same.  It does not and will not represent spending in an independent country.   Why is that simple fact so difficult to get through your belligerent head.

Yoi throw abuse and snide comment around like confetti then cause other of being cybernats.

You say you point out Scottish exceptionalism, while shouting g about how s**te we are at everything and if it wasnt for the union we would be a thief world country.

Have you ever stopped for a second to look at yourself and thought how absolutely bizarre your position actually is.  Wishing with every fibre of your being that another nation continue to exert control over your own?

21 hours ago, Zorro said:

I agree with pretty much all of this. 
There have been mistakes, but most of the mistakes have been as a consequence of following the UK wide strategy, an irony which seems to have been completely lost on hypocrites like Davidson and Carlaw. 

5 minutes ago, Cheviotstag said:

There have been mistakes, but most of the mistakes have been as a consequence of following the UK wide strategy, an irony which seems to have been completely lost on hypocrites like Davidson and Carlaw. 

This with bells on.

And the UK wide strategy failures have come from a number of sources

1) This is totally new, so there is no "science". It does my heid in hearing the word "science" abused every day on TV by politicians of every party. Science is based on observation and measurement. Yet we seem to have "science" in the UK that has no real observation of what is happening elsewhere and no measurement testing worth speaking of. Watch my lips, there is no science.

2) We are being lead by a government composed of people appointed because of their sheepish loyalty to Mr Johnston and his advisor Mr Cummings and his New World Order vision of Brexit. In other words nobody capable of independent rational thought who might challenge the party line. In other words a bunch of Hooray Henry Eton "educated" spineless incompetents.

And that in a nutshell is why we have the highest infection rate in Europe and we are in the top 3 or 4 in the world.

And yes the SNP have largely followed the Westminster government

And yes that is largely because they have no option.

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

When you are on your hourly twitter troll do you never come across any derogatory comments from Unionists towards NS or SNP followers, or any adverse reports of Labour MP’s/ Councillors having made errors of judgement ? Or do you just ignore them. Let me tell you there are thousands out there on a daily basis and they aren’t that hard to find. I just can’t be bothered joining your childish antics.