Fill Yer Boots, Folks!

Mclean07

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Meanwhile, a fantastic thread, with all the words coming from the horses mouths, as to why Sturgeon and co are as culpable as Johnston. Openly opposed to lockdown and giving us reasons why. This is not about hindsight, but about accountability and the lies that poor wee Scotland was helpless in the face of the big bad UK. Of course the cult will dismiss it, as it’s posted by a political opponent, but if you dared sully yourselves and listen to the words, it’s there for all to see and hear. As the man says, utter bulls**t that they had no control. They weren’t even going to stop Scotland’s “Cheltenham” go ahead, the SPFL did it instead. Absolute responsibility shirking charlatans. 

Actually I generally would say the SNP has not been materially better or (despite the crap from Jackson Carlaw) worse than Westminster at handling this. However you could get a shedload more credibility if you could find some material that has not been produced by people politically opposed to the SNP.

Edited by gdevoy

2 hours ago, Killie71 said:

If you genuinely believe this, then how many classes do you think she is above the Scottish Labour dream team?

This has absolutely nothing to do with politics. Jacinda Ardern has been so massively successful in minimising Covd deaths because she is in charge of 2 islands, a bit like the UK, and she just closed the borders. Something Boris never considered and something Nicola Sturgeon did not have the authority to do.

43 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

This has absolutely nothing to do with politics. Jacinda Ardern has been so massively successful in minimising Covd deaths because she is in charge of 2 islands, a bit like the UK, and she just closed the borders. Something Boris never considered and something Nicola Sturgeon did not have the authority to do.

So where does ultimate responsibility lie for the spread of the infection through these islands? It’s not difficult. It’s not a trick question. It’s just a simple statement of fact. Mcleans rabid nonsense would have more credibility if he actually addressed the core reason why upwards of 50,000 people have died. Any decision taken after the decision not to close the borders is a reaction to that. The simple fact is the U.K. chose to put the economy before people and only changed tack when it was already too late.

Unionists are quick to state Scotland couldn’t do this and we couldn’t do that if we left the union. Well Scotland couldn’t close the border, couldn’t stop people bringing the infection into our communities, couldn’t furlough non-essential workers, couldn’t source sufficient COVID-19 tests, couldn’t provide care homes with enough PPE and didn’t have the infrastructure to deal with a widely predicted pandemic because we are part of this dysfunctional union. This is the reality of better together. 

8 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I agree that New Zealand have done a great job. The Labour Prime Minister is a class above everyone else and at least three classes above Sturgeon.

Clutching at straws now, I have in-laws in New Zealand if you want them to sign your visa, the only way you will live under another Labour PM

1 hour ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Clutching at straws now, I have in-laws in New Zealand if you want them to sign your visa, the only way you will live under another Labour PM

I'm actually shocked McLean has plunged new depths but shouldnt be surprised.  It's very clear, whether you SNP or not, Sturgeon feeling the pain and as many others have stated, a lot of this fiasco is out of the Scottish govts control , whether it be SNP led or not. Mclean you are a sad little man. Sleep tight.and grow some balls. 

1 hour ago, Shropshire_killie said:

I'm actually shocked McLean has plunged new depths but shouldnt be surprised.  It's very clear, whether you SNP or not, Sturgeon feeling the pain and as many others have stated, a lot of this fiasco is out of the Scottish govts control , whether it be SNP led or not. Mclean you are a sad little man. Sleep tight.and grow some balls. 

Several posters on here seem to become very angry when people dont share their view. 

Nice to see Blair preaching to the bubble and they're still lapping it up.

New Zealand is an independent sovereign state, is it not? Let's compare apples with apples.

As I see it, ScotGov had little choice but to take the lead of UKGov, as they didn't have powers to go it alone and make different decisions ie. we went into lockdown and furlough when the appropriate powers were agreed with UKGov.

Still Better Together? 9_9

Glad to see the myth is getting questioned at last. England is a far more diverse country in every. Politics, public life, media, sport etc. As Janice Galloway stayed, we are decades behind.

1BE14305-9086-49E3-A5BF-DDF6D9D5BBBA.jpeg.90626f7c0581ee8516dffbb2d4e161da.jpeg
Also, great to see pooling and sharing working. Absolutely impossible without the tax take in London and the South East which subsidises the rest of the UK, including the rest of England. That was the part one poster didn’t understand recent when talking about the proportion of Scotland’s deficit, that the English deficit is netted against London and the South East’s surplus (it’s simple arithmetic). Unfortunately, this region is in England and we both need them. 

D78FF1A2-1D7B-4406-8778-C46A567B07DB.png

14 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Yes, everyone is sad in your little world if they don’t agreed with the SNP. Is the massively incompetent Boris feeling the pain as well, or do you have to be Scottish? Her and the hopeless Freeman’s pain don’t really mean a lot to those who have lost their loved ones due to us challenging at the top of the league for the worst death ratio in the world. Very little is/was out of their control, it’s just another excuse like when she tried to blame dedicated officials and even now her testing record is appalling. Grow up and own it. Stomp giving them a free pass and demand the best for your country. Scotland......always the victim. 

14 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Yes, everyone is sad in your little world if they don’t agreed with the SNP. Is the massively incompetent Boris feeling the pain as well, or do you have to be Scottish? Her and the hopeless Freeman’s pain don’t really mean a lot to those who have lost their loved ones due to us challenging at the top of the league for the worst death ratio in the world. Very little is/was out of their control, it’s just another excuse like when she tried to blame dedicated officials and even now her testing record is appalling. Grow up and own it. Stomp giving them a free pass and demand the best for your country. Scotland......always the victim. 

Independence gives you the ability to own it. Whoever is in 'power' at Holyrood always has an out. For things not devolved, well, that's Westminsters fault. For things that are devolved, then Westminster didn't give us enough money, so that's Westminsters fault.

If Scotland was independent, then Holyrood, whoever the incumbents are, are responsible for everything. Then you can own it.

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Glad to see the myth is getting questioned at last. England is a far more diverse country in every. Politics, public life, media, sport etc. As Janice Galloway stayed, we are decades behind.

1BE14305-9086-49E3-A5BF-DDF6D9D5BBBA.jpeg.90626f7c0581ee8516dffbb2d4e161da.jpeg

When we say black, do we mean black or BAME? How many black teachers are there in total and how many of them have applied to be headteacher and been knocked back? Get back to me when your Twitter bubble feeds you the answers... 9_9

I presumed it was because the proportion of BAME in the community is small and most are too busy with building their own family businesses and creating value, as Sarwar's family have done.

Edited by Scooter

1 hour ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Independence gives you the ability to own it. Whoever is in 'power' at Holyrood always has an out. For things not devolved, well, that's Westminsters fault. For things that are devolved, then Westminster didn't give us enough money, so that's Westminsters fault.

If Scotland was independent, then Holyrood, whoever the incumbents are, are responsible for everything. Then you can own it.

Paradoxically the people who shout loudest about Scotlands problems are also the same people who fight hardest against allowing Scotland the powers and the responsibility to deal with them. It’s a form of cognitive dissonance which allows them to hold multiple contradictory ideas and absolves them of all personal responsibility in dealing with them. 

2 hours ago, Scooter said:

When we say black, do we mean black or BAME? How many black teachers are there in total and how many of them have applied to be headteacher and been knocked back? Get back to me when your Twitter bubble feeds you the answers... 9_9

I presumed it was because the proportion of BAME in the community is small and most are too busy with building their own family businesses and creating value, as Sarwar's family have done.

The stuff I’ve posted is from BAME MSPs, SNP and Labour, not really a bubble, but I’m sure they have less experience of racism than you. Nice stereotyping of what the BAME community do, though, running corner shops and wholesale outfits. Each to their own, eh? You are correct that our BAME population is very small and yet we still manage to have racists and we make judgements on a proper multi racial society like England. Again it’s just jaw dropping, lack of diversity England bad, lack of diversity Scotland, perfectly understandable! Have you managed yet to find just even one positive thing the SNP have done for your town to attract jobs? I mean if Labour were so bad, surely it must be easy. 

Edited by Mclean07

2 hours ago, Zorro said:

Paradoxically the people who shout loudest about Scotlands problems are also the same people who fight hardest against allowing Scotland the powers and the responsibility to deal with them. 

The same is true of independence itself, since about September 2014.  Sure Sturgeon said they'd be another indy referendum, but the SNP have won every election handsomely since 2014, with limited progress. The people shouting about it most, are the very folk opposed to it, the 1/3 who'd never, ever consider it.  That's why Darling before 2104, said 60% was a good result and there's a magic 60% 'threshold of consistent public opinion' to be sought, before anything happens.  Maximum either side in the debate can get is 65%, maybe 70% - if they convince everyone who'd vote for them to do so.

Yet recent polls suggest 62% of Scots and a whopping 45% of Labour voters support a 'Plan B', should an indyref request be refused. That's a massive change in Scottish opinion IMO.  Get to 50% of Labour voters backing a plan B and 'change' becomes 'inevitable', if voters of the 2 parties who've ruled Hollyrood since it's outset back it.  Last 3 of 4 polls, have also shown a slight majority for indy, but just within the margin of error, so for all it's worth, still 50/50. Chuck in a No Deal Brexit and the unionist ceding of the middle ground, inevitable with such a right wing Tory government with limited support in Scotland, should keep things bubbling along - pretty much on autopilot.

Edited by RAG
Honking typing today.

36 minutes ago, RAG said:

The same is true of independence itself, since about September 2014.  Sure Sturgeon said they'd be another indy referendum, but the SNP have won every election handsomely since 2014, with limited progress. The people shouting about it most, are the very folk opposed to it, the 1/3 who'd never, ever consider it.  That's why Darling before 2104, said 60% was a good result and there's a magic 60% 'threshold of consistent public opinion' to be sought, before anything happens.  Maximum either side in the debate can get is 65%, maybe 70% - if they convince everyone who'd vote for them to do so.

Yet recent polls suggest 62% of Scots and a whopping 45% of Labour voters support a 'Plan B', should an indyref request be refused. That's a massive change in Scottish opinion IMO.  Get to 50% of Labour voters backing a plan B and 'change' becomes 'inevitable', if voters of the 2 parties who've ruled Hollyrood since it's outset back it.  Last 3 of 4 polls, have also shown a slight majority for indy, but just within the margin of error, so for all it's worth, still 50/50. Chuck in a No Deal Brexit and the unionist ceding of the middle ground, inevitable with such a right wing Tory government with limited support in Scotland, should keep things bubbling along - pretty much on autopilot.

This is why there’s an urgency among unionists to pin coronavirus deaths on the SNP. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

The stuff I’ve posted is from BAME MSPs, SNP and Labour, not really a bubble, but I’m sure they have less experience of racism than you. Nice stereotyping of what the BAME community do, though, running corner shops and wholesale outfits. Each to their own, eh? You are correct that our BAME population is very small and yet we still manage to have racists and we make judgements on a proper multi racial society like England. Again it’s just jaw dropping, lack of diversity England bad, lack of diversity Scotland, perfectly understandable! Have you managed yet to find just even one positive thing the SNP have done for your town to attract jobs? I mean if Labour were so bad, surely it must be easy. 

Get a grip, your posts become more childish every single day. Get some feckin help man for your own sake.

22 minutes ago, Zorro said:

This is why there’s an urgency among unionists to pin coronavirus deaths on the SNP. 

Unless the Scots government perform much worse than WM, who are doing worse than all of Europe, that will be difficult to do.  That sort of line, also isn't going to appeal beyond the unionist core Tory vote, although they consistently have made that mistake in last 5 years, seeing distant second places for Ruth Davidson, as victory in elections.  It doesn't speak to the 1/3 (probably much less) of floating voters in the middle ground in the indy debate, especially with Sturgeon having a high approval rating.  Unionists need a different tactic to SNPBAD, but with the paucity of their leadership in Scotland and aloof power of BoJo's right wing Brexit agenda at WM, it ain't gonna happen.  But they're ceding ground round the edges badly over Brexit, as the iceberg, looms on the horizon.  Special deal for N.I. - with Scotlands cultural links on both sides of the divide in N.I. - could well be straw that breaks camels back.  Hardcore unionist community in Scotland will see at that point, Scotland's getting shafted on Brexit compared to N.I. - penny may drop for some then.

Even if you totally don't like Sturgeon, you'd have to agree she's more states-person-like, than Carlow or Leonard.  I doubt anyone will credibly argue against that in run up to 2021 elections.  Opposition politicians have never been so poor.

Edited by RAG

3 minutes ago, RAG said:

Unless the Scots government perform much worse than WM, who are doing worse than all of Europe, that will be difficult to do.  That sort of line, also isn't going to appeal beyond the unionist core Tory vote, although they consistently have made that mistake in last 5 years, seeing distant second places for Ruth Davidson, as victory in elections.  It doesn't speak to the 1/3 (probably much less) of floating voters in the middle ground in the indy debate, especially with Sturgeon having a high approval rating.  Unionists need a different tactic to SNPBAD, but with the paucity of their leadership in Scotland and aloof power of BoJo's right wing Brexit agenda at WM, it ain't gonna happen.  But they're ceding ground round the edges badly over Brexit, as the iceberg, looms on the horizon.  Special deal for N.I. - with Scotlands cultural links on both sides of the divide in N.I. - could well be straw that breaks camels back.  Hardcore unionist community in Scotland will see at that point, Scotland's getting shafted on Brexit compared to N.I. - penny may drop for some then.

Even if you totally don't like Sturgeon, you'd have to agree she's more states-person-like, than Carlow or Leonard.  I doubt anyone will credibly argue against that in run up to 2021 elections.  Opposition politicians have never been so poor.

They give the electorate so little credit that they think the “Sturgeon killed yer granny” line is a winner. They’re counting on the electorate being so politically illiterate that they can’t tell the difference between devolved and reserved powers. 

29 minutes ago, Zorro said:

They give the electorate so little credit that they think the “Sturgeon killed yer granny” line is a winner. They’re counting on the electorate being so politically illiterate that they can’t tell the difference between devolved and reserved powers. 

I read 9/10 Scots Tory voters aren't happy with Carlow as leader.  45% of Labour voters are also backing not just a second referendum, but a 'Plan B'.  That suggests, although these unionists may not like Sturgeon or the SNP, they also don't like they're own parties stances on Brexit/Indyrefs!  A general softening of the ground beneath them, maybe why Ruth left.  The line is still, London centric unionist rhetoric. (Look at how Corbyn was ostracised for saying it was Scotlands choice - how terribly unreasonable of him!)  Rhetoric which funnily enough, hasn't evolved with Brexit, despite them winning on a vow of federalism in 2014, then doing same on Brexit in 2016 with Tories and Labour in Scotland, heavily backing remain.

You can't fool most people twice, or thrice! haha

Edited by RAG

8 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Fill yer boots folks - Marcus Rashford Sports Personality of the Year odds 2/1. 

He has done more in 2 says to push back against the English Victorian social attitudes that Thacher validated than MacLean's Nu Labor have done in 40 years.