Killie Kit Cup

Lroy

3 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

91/93 Romping it at the moment. 

I hadn't noticed it, but someone posted on twitter in the early rounds, the 91/92 and 92/93 kits are slightly different.  Matchwinner badge is red in one version and the collar is made of a different material.

6 minutes ago, RAG said:

I hadn't noticed it, but someone posted on twitter in the early rounds, the 91/92 and 92/93 kits are slightly different.  Matchwinner badge is red in one version and the collar is made of a different material.

It's the 89-90 and 90-91 kits that have those differences. 89-90 was a gold outline, 90-91 was mostly solid red but there are a couple of solid gold logos. All replica shirts were black and embossed.

I believe any differences in the  91-93 Matchwinner logos are between replica and player versions. Replica always had a black embossed logo, players had a red embroidered logo.

I put the replica version in round 1 and the players version in round 2.

7 minutes ago, Lroy said:

It's the 89-90 and 90-91 kits that have those differences. 89-90 was a gold outline, 90-91 was mostly solid red but there are a couple of solid gold logos. All replica shirts were black and embossed.

I believe any differences in the  91-93 Matchwinner logos are between replica and player versions. Replica always had a black embossed logo, players had a red embroidered logo.

I put the replica version in round 1 and the players version in round 2.

Happy to stand corrected. That's good info -  next time I see someone wearing a red logo top of that era - I'll have to ask who they got it from!

Edited by RAG

1 minute ago, Pompey Exile said:

Don't get the love in for the 91-93 kit. It's trouncing the 70's kit

I think it's number of blue stripes that's the key, although I never liked the 70s tram line tops anyway.  

Most of the really popular tops have 4 or 5 blue stripes, the 70s versions only got 3.  Much like the 3 striped 2017 version which got dumped by the 4 striped 1965 kit, worn by the 5* generals.

12 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

Don't get the love in for the 91-93 kit. It's trouncing the 70's kit

People vote for what they remember.

Imagine we stuck with it and made that 70s design ours, like Ajax have with the single thick red stripe. Could have been absolutely iconic.

13 minutes ago, RAG said:

I think it's number of blue stripes that's the key, although I never liked the 70s tram line tops anyway.  

To put it in context, it's the Ajax influence.

They won the European Cup three consecutive times around then and some clubs copied their strip. For example, Hearts and Birmingham City.

Heart of Midlothian FC Hearts FC 1972-73 Squad including John ... image.jpeg.05dc7cbc575a61c249ff59d2da2e7b49.jpeg

The Killie strip was similar, with the twist of keeping the stripes. 

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

To put it in context, it's the Ajax influence. They won the European Cup three consecutive times around then and some clubs copied their strip. For example, Hearts and Birmingham City.

Ajax kits, big hair, proper 32 panel footballs - what's not to like about football in the 1970s?!