Killie Kit Cup

Lroy

11 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

People voting for generic, off the peg Nike crap are just proving why you shouldn't give everyone a vote.

You really should pass some kind of intelligence test first before you are allowed to vote. 

Or people find it more aesthetically pleasing than a bog standard blue and white hooped rugby shirt?

Just now, Ben Reilly said:

You really think the generic Nike kit is one we'll talk about in 100 years like the 1920 cup winning kit? 

Because it’s a cup winning kit, not how it looks.

To be honest I had to think about what one to vote for but went for the Nike one because there is more to look at, the hooped top wouldn’t have been a bespoke design back in the day either 

3 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

You really think the generic Nike kit is one we'll talk about in 100 years like the 1920 cup winning kit? 

Possibly.  We did get highest league finish in the last 50 years in that kit.  Although if the SC team had played in Plus Fours and big Wooly 1920s socks, it would have been undeniably less generic by 2020 standards!

1 minute ago, WeAreKillie *KilmarnockFC said:

Because it’s a cup winning kit, not how it looks.

To be honest I had to think about what one to vote for but went for the Nike one because there is more to look at, the hooped top wouldn’t have been a bespoke design back in the day either 

As far as I'm concerned, the competiton is about finding Killie's great kits. 

A kit from Nike's catalogue is not a great Killie kit, it's a one size fits all market stall kit. 

But, each to their own. 

3 minutes ago, Ben Reilly said:

As far as I'm concerned, the competiton is about finding Killie's great kits. 

A kit from Nike's catalogue is not a great Killie kit, it's a one size fits all market stall kit. 

But, each to their own. 

As far I’m concerned how a team performed in a kit doesn’t change how it great it looks.

I’m able to form an opinion on my own and don’t just decide a kit looks better because of what the history books say.

As you say each to their own

3 minutes ago, WeAreKillie *KilmarnockFC said:

As far I’m concerned how a team performed in a kit doesn’t change how it great it looks.

I’m able to form an opinion on my own and don’t just decide a kit looks better because of what the history books say.

As you say each to their own

Great? Really? 

OK. 

It's difficult to compare two garments worn 100 years apart.

Those who favour the older one might value the traditions and history of the club more highly and feel that the hoops should be represented, although the strip is undeniably plain and old fashioned.

Those who prefer the newer kit might like that it has "more to look at" - badges, patches, logos, numeral etc - or just prefer more modern design.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say.

It just seems unfortunate, if inconsequential, that there might not be much variety going forward.

Edited by skygod

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

It's difficult to compare two garments worn 100 years apart.

Those who favour the older one might value the traditions and history of the club more highly and feel that the hoops should represented, although the strip is undeniably plain and old fashioned.

Those who prefer the newer kit might like that it has "more to look at" - badges, patches, logos, numeral etc - or just prefer more modern design.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as they say.

It just seems unfortunate, if inconsequential, that there might not be much variety going forward.

I prefer most of the older kits, I just find it unfair for someone to question others’ intelligence simply because the vote isn’t going the way they’d like

8 minutes ago, WeAreKillie *KilmarnockFC said:

I prefer most of the older kits, I just find it unfair for someone to question others’ intelligence simply because the vote isn’t going the way they’d like

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Maybe you should avoid the Internet if you're so easily offended?

Just now, Ben Reilly said:

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Maybe you should avoid the Internet if you're so easily offended?

Says the guy so upset by it he’s on here complaining and ranting twice (hours apart) on the vote on twitter hahaha

I’m not that keen on any of them tbh and it’s only a meaningless vote but as I said above I’m not keen on people throwing their toys out the pram because the vote isn’t going their way

On 4/18/2020 at 12:56 AM, casual observer said:

Looks like it’s going to be a selection of relatively generic striped shirts versus our version of marmite - the 90’s light blue & claret mish mash away strip. If that comes out as our greatest ever kit it should generate some fairly opposite opinions. 

Marmite Vs 1965 in the Quarters on Tuesday. Final will be that vs 97 Cup winning kit.

7 hours ago, casual observer said:

.... the 90’s light blue & claret mish mash away strip. If that comes out as our greatest ever kit it should generate some fairly opposite opinions. 

The whole contest will be forgotten ten minutes after the final vote is closed. 

It’s all a bit of diversionary fluff, and no bad thing for being that!  

On 4/17/2020 at 11:01 PM, Ben Reilly said:

People voting for generic, off the peg Nike crap are just proving why you shouldn't give everyone a vote.

You really should pass some kind of intelligence test first before you are allowed to vote. 

Kit designs are almost always “off the peg”. Every manufacturer follows a basic design which is tweaked for clubs. 
here’s an example from 1997, the kits are the same as ours, with the same generic collar and chequered arm pattern...

47BA7F4C-1E1A-496C-B969-7A117B3DB98F.jpeg

F34BAA32-6C9F-420F-A446-227BC9E05716.jpeg

AF096488-24EE-4661-8BA6-5C9F8F130901.jpeg

DD11D055-4EBC-4B0D-BCB6-2812D9E8DAE9.jpeg

E1686F71-1A81-44B0-A31F-871663B29EC9.jpeg