McLean07 vs Arbroath (Split from 'Fill Yer Boots, Folks!)

Mclean07

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

8B5DD1C8-B086-4587-B7F7-267EC520EE5F.png.d38c095c3c72a5720edd8c816dbd1c6f.png

See the Beano is doing its bit to catch the national mood B|

Mate away and s**te, you're just making a total arse of yourself again.

100% jockholme syndrome, rather a Tory in London who doesnt even know that dover was a sea port, than a Scot in Edinburgh.

27 minutes ago, Scooter said:

The nation mood is being right behind this government's efforts to combat the virus ...are you with them or against them?

You’d like to think in a time of national crisis, we’d all be pulling in the same direction. However, remembering the glee he takes in celebrating falls in education standards, rising Nhs waiting times or decreased oil revenues, I think you’ve asked a valid question. 

2 hours ago, harley said:

It's our history & yours even though you don't like it.

It's also the first statement of nationhood in the World, and is widely regarded as the first statement of constitution in the world, and was used as the basis for the American declaration of independence as well.

McLean is just a bitter twisted self loathing jockophile, who would rather support a Tory than have us able to make our own decisions.

This pandemic has for me shown beyond reason why we need to make our own decisions.  NS has been assured, Controled and transparent all the way through.   WM has been a shambles mired in propaganda, lies, failed strategies and lining the pockets of the rich.

When we should all be working together,  the tories be Tories and try and make a profit from it.

6 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

“subject to the Lordship of the English” :2:

And your point is.  This is exactly what was happening 700 years ago, Scotland has gone seeking assistance on a legal dispute and Edward I decides to try and Annex Scotland,  and then promptly invaded.

At the end of the battle for independence the declaration was made based on the historical situation. Its relevance today is not lost on some as a statement of nationhood,  and a desire to be independent and make our own decisions.

The language and indeed the subject of lordship may differ but the sentiment of nationhood does not.

20 hours ago, Scooter said:

The nation mood is being right behind this government's efforts to combat the virus ...are you with them or against them?

Right behind the Government and all the devolved administrations. That’s why the divisive nonsense on the front of that propaganda rag is so inappropriate. It’s in the same category as the knuckleheads who can’t forget 1690. I’ll tell you this, it’s the sort of guff that puts people who want a modern country off independence every time something like this is printed. Extremely unattractive, and an own goal, just like the marches full of braveheart clowns. 

41 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Right behind the Government and all the devolved administrations. That’s why the divisive nonsense on the front of that propaganda rag is so inappropriate. It’s in the same category as the knuckleheads who can’t forget 1690. I’ll tell you this, it’s the sort of guff that puts people who want a modern country off independence every time something like this is printed. Extremely unattractive, and an own goal, just like the marches full of braveheart clowns. 

What absolute unionist horseturds.

The document is a historically significant change to how nations saw themselves and also how others perceived them.

It's only divisive if you're a jockholme suffering bellend,  who has so little self confidence that they despise their own and woumd rather a Tory in London than anyone in Edinburgh.

It is also a documentwhise ideal upon which more than one modern constitution was based.

You dont like it because it shows you up as absolutely against what they document stood for, independence, nationhood and standing on our own feet making our own decisions for all the people who live here, all the nationalities who make Scotland their home.

It's not nonsense or braveheart, perhaps if you actually studied the thing you woumd educate yourself a little, instead you're probably too busy clapping for Boris.

7 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

Glad your are right behind this WM government as it is becoming clearer their mishandling and deception. You are very welcome to them. Its good Keir criticising them but you staying behind them come what may as the deaths mount. Well done. 

7 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

I have been on a couple of the marches in the past year. Am I a braveheart clown?  

15 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Glad your are right behind this WM government as it is becoming clearer their mishandling and deception. You are very welcome to them. Its good Keir criticising them but you staying behind them come what may as the deaths mount. Well done. 

The WM government have made a few mistakes it's TRUE, some driven by party ideology. At least the gave not sunk so low as to blame the WHO like the Trumpet.

17 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Has nobody died in Scotland? Did the CMO and the FM, in her disastrous backing of her, not risk undermining the key message to the public? The Nats have been straining at the leash to make this another “Scoatland’s better” division. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Has nobody died in Scotland? Did the CMO and the FM, in her disastrous backing of her, not risk undermining the key message to the public? The Nats have been straining at the leash to make this another “Scoatland’s better” division. 

Nobody is saying that.  In this Scotland is performing better  and the UK can bloody well learn from us.

Your absolute refusal to criticise the shambles of WM and throw digs at the scot gov speaks volumes.  It also absolutely removes any argument you have at all.

WM at all costs for you.

2 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

The Nats have been straining at the leash to make this another “Scoatland’s better” division. 

I'm not an SNP supporter but I just don't see and hear this at all.  Generally speaking I think Sturgeon has handed the situation well, last Sunday excepted. 

Also with regards to the old firm game I presume the Scottish government were acting on what medical and scientific evidence was available at the time.

I think trying to point score at the present time is quite distasteful and says more about you than anything.  

44 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

Mind when Nicola was going to wait till after the Old Scum game to start the lock down? 50,000 at a game and x thousands in pubs? 

Know that for a fact do you?  Or is it massive conjecture and 2+2=SNP bad?

This has always been a moving target, and decisions and options change very quickly. 

To isolate one event is simply being an absolute tool.

Also trying to force your everything is exactly the same throughout the UK agenda is also entirely dickish.  Some of us are telling you facts and asking if the differences between Scotland and Englands approach on this should be looked at to get the best of both.

You on the other hand have a total UK is good, SNP is bad agenda and its beyond tiresome.

3 hours ago, Mclean07 said:

The Nats have been straining at the leash to make this another “Scoatland’s better” division. 

It is your internal hatred that causes divisions and it spews out all over these pages. You really are a disgustingly bitter and small minded wee man.

Edited by Scooter

You'd have to be totally obsessed by the prospect of independence to be starting threads about it now, PM in intensive care, Labour appointed a new leader only this week FFS.

However reminding folk about world leading Scottish firsts for humanity, like the 1320 declaration of Arbroath, is a valuable public service to the nation in these times of crisis. 

With McLean having enlightened our sense of Scotch history, with his passion for the cause, we should not feel the weight of that history, allowing us to ignore the  Regaism/Thatchertie/ Blairite/ Globalised /Neo Liberal economic project of the last 40 years, crumbling before our very eyes. 

The next Scottish independence referendum/election (however it's decided) won't be like the last one, or 1320 for that matter.  

The world's moved on lad.  This is normal.  Scotland was once a tropical paradise in terms of its climate.  Much like 2014 was a political 'tropical paradise' for comfy, ur-my-best-friend-federal-UK-unionism.

Edited by RAG