Let it go!

skygod

Former Kilmarnock manager Angelo Alessio believes the Ayrshire side were having "an excellent season" when he was relieved of his duties.

The Italian replaced Steve Clarke as manager in the summer, but was sacked in December after just 22 games in charge.

The former Juventus player had experience of British football after acting as Antonio Conte's assistant with Chelsea, and he has no regrets about his Killie spell.

He was relieved of his duties with Kilmarnock fifth in the table, nine points off third, but after just one win in eight games.

Alessio said: "I had a great opportunity (at Chelsea) to see how English football works, which by all accounts is probably the best in terms of intensity and technique.

"There are very strong teams with excellent players.

"Of course I found a very different league in Scotland, there's less money and the league lives off the battle between Rangers and Celtic every year.

"The others fight for the crumbs in that league and, what can I say, we were fifth in the table with a small squad and, as far as I'm concerned, we were having an excellent season.

"They only take players on loan and I'd taken players on loan from Juventus like (Laurentiu) Branescu and (Dario) Del Fabro, who were having excellent seasons.

"Then the club decided to go in a different direction and that's okay.

"It was an experience that enriched me a lot, I know the dynamics very well now.

"When going abroad, adapting and understanding the mentality of different people and players is difficult, but I think I did a good job and now I am ready to face any challenge that arises in the future."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/angelo-alessio-claims-kilmarnock-were-21832851

Apart from the Branescu comment a lot of what he says is true. 

Of course he omits we were brutal to watch towards the end of his time. Livingston and Ross County away immediately spring to mind. 

I can't comment on St Johnstone at home as I wasn't there but I heard enough to know it wasn't pretty either. 

18 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Apart from the Branescu comment a lot of what he says is true. 

Of course he omits we were brutal to watch towards the end of his time. Livingston and Ross County away immediately spring to mind. 

I can't comment on St Johnstone at home as I wasn't there but I heard enough to know it wasn't pretty either. 

It wasn't pretty, it was bloody awful. Kept having to remind myself we got a point from it. 

Hearts home and away, the late draw away to Hibs were highlights of Angelo's time. For the most part the football / system on offer was brutal. Was clear for all to see at Livingston his time was up. The reasons and rights and wrongs have been talked to death on here.   

Let it go !

I don't think we are any better off on the park following his dismissal, points per game probably bears this out, and I expect we will be worse off financially as a result of his sacking. 

Its completely uncertain what will happen with the club now in terms of the manager and signings but in that regard we are probably just the same as every other club

37 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Hearts home and away, the late draw away to Hibs were highlights of Angelo's time. For the most part the football / system on offer was brutal. Was clear for all to see at Livingston his time was up. The reasons and rights and wrongs have been talked to death on here.   

Let it go !

Even Hibs away we were brutal for an hour. 

We were a hundred times better against Hibs at RP recently and got nothing from it. 

Should this topic header had a question mark rather than an exclamation mark?

Promotes ignoring the situation whilst encouraging debate, in my opinion with the players we had we should have sorted CQN without a manager or coach. 
in regards to Lary, did he not just come out of a period of losing only one goal in 7 games?

Anyway, Let it Go? Up to yourselves 

There will forever be questions marks around Alessio's time with us. There were clear problems from the off. The summer was a calamity, the players didn’t buy into his ways, he tried to do too much too soon. It got better but aside from some brief moments in matches it was never pretty. We are now left wondering how different it would have looked had he stayed. Dyer has given us the best performances of the season. He’s also given us the very worst IMO. I don’t think we’d have got the transfer window AA needed to improve us dramatically. There may well have been an exodus of players as well.

7 hours ago, piffer said:

There will forever be questions marks around Alessio's time with us. There were clear problems from the off. The summer was a calamity, the players didn’t buy into his ways, he tried to do too much too soon. It got better but aside from some brief moments in matches it was never pretty. We are now left wondering how different it would have looked had he stayed. Dyer has given us the best performances of the season. He’s also given us the very worst IMO. I don’t think we’d have got the transfer window AA needed to improve us dramatically. There may well have been an exodus of players as well.

Haven't been to all games but I thought the best of the season was v Hearts at RP under AA.

The worst I have seen was Hamilton away under AA and St Mirren away under AD.

If the players didn't buy into AA's ways there isn't much evidence of them buying into AD's ways either. Big clear out is needed when things get started again, whenever that might be..