How it ends

piffer

On 4/10/2020 at 12:42 AM, Pompey Exile said:

They seem eager to write off this season so it doesn't effect next season. For me we need to finish this season when possible and work it out from there

agreed. This season has to be finished. Finish the season. Start the new one with no stupid winter break. Unfair on hearts and partick to be relegated. 

5 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

f**k hearts and thistle.

they shouldn’t have been s**te all season. Relegated on merit!

Hearts maybe but Thistle have played 1 game less than the team above them and only a point separating them...that is absolutely not fair and not on merit . Once again...if this was Killie there would be outrage. And rightly so 

5 hours ago, heynow2005 said:

I dont think its as simple as that. How would we feel if it was Killie in Partick Thistles shoes with a game in hand 1 point off safety...plus powerful teams ganging together and telling the rest how it is has hardly left our game in a great state the now has it ?

I can understand Hearts & Partick voting no, but for the life of me, I cant see what benefit Rangers & Dundee hope to gain apart from their vote hands the leagues to both their biggest rivals. 

Its being speculated Dundee want league reconstruction on the table but there is more chance of hell freezing over. Even if they agree to discussion, when push comes to shove, neither of the Glasgow two will  vote for reconstruction with an 11/1 majority required within the Premiership to force change.

Edited by C4mmy31

This is all wrong and frankly smacks of Premiership elitism, which disappointingly seems to have filtered down to some Killie fans too. It’s  not that long ago that we were languishing in the lower leagues and bemoaning how top division-centric the footballing authorities and their decisions were. 
It’s unfair to force a vote on the situation in lower leagues whilst the Premiership still weighs up its options. Now isn’t the time to be driving more divisions (sic) in the game. Whatever vote or decision  happens, it should be for all of the Scottish football leagues together. 

My preference would be to finish the season when it’s safe to do so. Even if that means July or August. In the meantime clubs could receive a portion of ‘prize’ money, based on current league positions and the balance at the conclusion of the season. I genuinely believe that’s the fairest thing to do and should prevent the now customary  and self-important pompous ‘club statement’, as well as the  inevitable threats of legal action, which ironically could just as easily result in further delays. 

Rangers have called for an investigation of the SPFL's handling of the members vote - and the suspension of chief executive Neil Doncaster and legal adviser Rod McKenzie while it is carried out.

The club claim they have been given evidence that raises "serious concerns" over the league body's voting processes on ending the lower-league season.

Rangers say Doncaster tried to "silence" interim Ibrox chairman Douglas Park's attempts to discuss these grievances.

BBC sport

2 hours ago, Stefanus said:

This is all wrong and frankly smacks of Premiership elitism, which disappointingly seems to have filtered down to some Killie fans too. It’s  not that long ago that we were languishing in the lower leagues and bemoaning how top division-centric the footballing authorities and their decisions were. 

I doubt that anyone under thirty can remember us as anything but a top-level club.

3 minutes ago, Killie alan said:

What the hell do these huns want for gods sake we as fans want to know one or another 

They want the league declared null and void but want the money payed out .There is no way the want Septic to be going for 10 in a row or to even have another league title .They certinly don't want the league played out with Septic having such a lead.

21 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

They want the league declared null and void but want the money payed out .There is no way the want Septic to be going for 10 in a row or to even have another league title .They certinly don't want the league played out with Septic having such a lead.

Must agree wholeheartedly 

3 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I can understand Hearts & Partick voting no, but for the life of me, I cant see what benefit Rangers & Dundee hope to gain apart from their vote hands the leagues to both their biggest rivals. 

Dundee not having cast their vote is the most honking thing about it.  Dundee United have spent big backs, are in pole position for promotion.  Fact entire SPFL are in a situation where a team with a vested interest, has a casting vote on their city rivals fate, is amateurish at best and about the most underhand way they could settle season 19/20.

15 hours ago, casual observer said:

I guessed Dundee would be swithering, or haven’t voted. If it’s them they’ve made a total James Hunt of themselves now.  Vote yes and it means they’re promoting their bitter city rivals which will turn their fans against them, vote no and they’re depriving clubs (esp smaller ones) of the cash that might be required to keep them afloat. I hate Dundee so kind of hope it is them!

I wasn't fussed either way about Dundee until the infamous JJ penalty incident at Dens Park. 

Their whinging by not just McCann but their supporters, especially when their association wrote to the head of SFA referees was cringeworthy. 

They can go and take a f**k to themselves now.