How it ends

piffer

On 4/11/2020 at 11:14 AM, Twonky65 said:

f**k hearts and thistle.

they shouldn’t have been s**te all season. Relegated on merit!

All season???? Not technically correct as the season hasn't finished. Not a great fan of hearts but least they bring a decent away support usually. Well better than Hamilton ross county st Johnstone Livingston. Hearts do bring something to the league 

59 minutes ago, andy123 said:

All season???? Not technically correct as the season hasn't finished. Not a great fan of hearts but least they bring a decent away support usually. Well better than Hamilton ross county st Johnstone Livingston. Hearts do bring something to the league 

Should we just have a league with the best supported teams in the top flight or do you not believe in competition?

10 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

Should we just have a league with the best supported teams in the top flight or do you not believe in competition?

Correct. The other poster (who is a Rangers fan) stated that 'Hearts do bring something to the league'. He is correct also, but this season that has been mostly points for other teams.

23 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

Correct. The other poster (who is a Rangers fan) stated that 'Hearts do bring something to the league'. He is correct also, but this season that has been mostly points for other teams.

Not to mention that "diet Hun" feeling with there little sprinkling of Union flags and some of their supporters love in with Mr Yaxley Lennon. 

14 hours ago, Twonky65 said:

Well you dont because you say hearts and partick should go down for been s**te all season. But if you believe in competition they dont deserve to go down as they competition hasn't finished. League needs to be finished is only fair way. Worry about next season once its done

13 hours ago, KillieBus said:

ohhh back to he's a rangers fan hahaha. Great comeback. Doesnt matter to rangers if they ended the league today Celtic win or if the play the remaining games Celtic win the league. Doesnt bother me either way. Ok play it your way let hearts go down but award them the Scottish cup they can win that!!!!!  Sound fair 

14 hours ago, KillieBus said:

ohhh back to he's a rangers fan hahaha. Great comeback. Doesnt matter to rangers if they ended the league today Celtic win or if the play the remaining games Celtic win the league. Doesnt bother me either way. Ok play it your way let hearts go down but award them the Scottish cup they can win that!!!!!  Sound fair 

Now we have furloughed our players they are free to leave if another club offered them a contract I think. So say when all this is done if brophy got a better offer elsewhere he could just go as we have broken his contract and I dont THINK he legally has to come back to us. Not 100% but that's the way it reads 

25 minutes ago, andy123 said:

Now we have furloughed our players they are free to leave if another club offered them a contract I think. So say when all this is done if brophy got a better offer elsewhere he could just go as we have broken his contract and I dont THINK he legally has to come back to us. Not 100% but that's the way it reads 

I know there are clauses in other leagues which allow players to walk in certain situations. Scandinavian leagues were worried about a clause where if no games are played in a certain period then players are free to leave. I’m not sure clubs here would have been so keen if they risked losing players. In the case of ourselves, St Mirren and a couple of others we are topping up wages so no one loses out. The players shouldn’t notice that much difference. 

Edited by piffer

27 minutes ago, piffer said:

I know there are clauses in other leagues which allow players to walk in certain situations. Scandinavian leagues were worried about a clause where if no games are played in a certain period then players are free to leave. I’m not sure clubs here would have been so keen if they risked losing players. In the case of ourselves, St Mirren and a couple of others we are topping up wages so no one loses out. The players shouldn’t notice that much difference. 

The PFA are advising players against accepting it tho and must be a reason the likes of newcastle have furloughed their staff apart from the playing staff 

20 minutes ago, andy123 said:

The PFA are advising players against accepting it tho and must be a reason the likes of newcastle have furloughed their staff apart from the playing staff 

Not sure why that would be. Understandable if wages weren’t being topped up but if you will still receive full pay but in a different manner I don’t see an obvious issue. Completely understandable why big clubs don’t furlough their players. £2500 a month will barely make a dent in a lot of first team salaries in the EPL. That would leave clubs still topping up a hefty amount or players being forced to take a significant drop in salary. I’m sure they’d be able to survive on £2500 a month but no doubt lawyers would be foaming at the mouth to get at the club if they were dropping £50k+ a week to get their. Their best bet is clearly to negotiate a pay cut and/or deferral as we’ve seen at the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and others.

Dundee about to pull a u turn and vote yes according to the Daily Record, with the Daily Mail reporting they've been offered lucrative friendlies against Scottish Premiership clubs as an incentive......

Nothing seems dodgy about that !!!

Edited by C4mmy31

The process stinks, but it would be nice to have some clarity on what is happening. Roy McGregor was quite good on Sportsound about the practical steps that certainty allows you to take. 

I will forever feel like we might have dodged a playoff relegation bullet with all this - not that that is of any real importance compared with what's going on in the world at the moment. 

17 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

If you furloughed the players then the club would lose all right to give them trg regimes etc. If your furloughed then you can't have any form of work from your employer. 

Employees can undergo "training". Normally would mean in house/computer learning. Not sure how it would go with physical training for our players. 

Edited by KennyH80

8 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Dundee about to pull a u turn and vote yes according to the Daily Record, with the Daily Mail reporting they've been offered lucrative friendlies against Scottish Premiership clubs as an incentive......

Nothing seems dodgy about that !!!

The prem club will probably be Dundee United... :ph34r:

18 hours ago, piffer said:

Not sure why that would be. Understandable if wages weren’t being topped up but if you will still receive full pay but in a different manner I don’t see an obvious issue. Completely understandable why big clubs don’t furlough their players. £2500 a month will barely make a dent in a lot of first team salaries in the EPL. That would leave clubs still topping up a hefty amount or players being forced to take a significant drop in salary. I’m sure they’d be able to survive on £2500 a month but no doubt lawyers would be foaming at the mouth to get at the club if they were dropping £50k+ a week to get their. Their best bet is clearly to negotiate a pay cut and/or deferral as we’ve seen at the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and others.

Because the lose the rights to their contracts if they agree to it. Also what would happen if they got injured in this period? Legally do the club need to take the player back? Think that's why PFA are advising to a voluntarily accept it due to putting your contract at risk.

On 4/12/2020 at 8:12 PM, andy123 said:

Normally six points in the bag for us at Tynecastle. Looks like the brown stuff will hit the fan today!

7 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

or perhaps even a glamour game in Boston against Celtic, Nelms has spoke of taking Dundee to the USA for sometime now......

Their owner is a yank, so wouldn't be hard. It would certainly need to be your specific tie. I don't see many yanks giving two hoots about dundee.

But, the plastic Irish of Boston would certainly turn out for the plastic Irish of Glasgow.

On 4/13/2020 at 12:05 PM, andy123 said:

I posted the same in defence of Spurs in an earlier thread and got down voted too. Not sure what some people understand the concept of a contract to be...

Maybe in our scenario Piffer is correct though as, so long as the players receive their full wage, then has there been a breach? Change of employment status perhaps?

1 hour ago, theboyjohnston said:

I posted the same in defence of Spurs in an earlier thread and got down voted too. Not sure what some people understand the concept of a contract to be...

Maybe in our scenario Piffer is correct though as, so long as the players receive their full wage, then has there been a breach? Change of employment status perhaps?

I get down voted for every comment so wouldnt worry bout it lots of sad people on here. PFA are saying it's a breach of contract from the club side So players are free to walk away from the club they dont have to come back. 

Dundee statement. Superb [my translation in brackets]:-

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-25/

Following a weekend of discussion and contemplation, we would like to issue the following statement.

As we made clear in our statement on Friday afternoon, it is a time for integrity and impartiality within Scottish football. Our view on that has not changed.
[We have NO integrity, we're only in it for what's best for us]

Over the past few days, we have entered into various positive discussions with reconstruction at the forefront of these.
[We have you suckers over a barrel, make your bids now please]

Given our discussions and considering all aspects, we don’t feel we are in a position to comment further on the resolution that was put forward.
[Get those bids in quickly, we're doing NADA until we see the colour of your money]

We understand that this may bring more questions than answers and we will look to give a much more substantial account of the past few days at the conclusion of this process.
[This is BRILLIANT, dance suckers]

Our supporters should know that we are, as always, looking out for the best interests of both Dundee Football Club and Scottish football as a whole.
[Our supporters should know that we are going to shaft the lot of them and whatever happens will be in our best interests first and nobody else's even comes close to second]