How it ends

piffer

12 minutes ago, heynow2005 said:

For years Rangers and Celtic have done that and we've never let them off with it. Our league comes off totally mickey mouse through this. We are an embarrassment 

Remember, the advice given by the league was that they couldn't release the monies until the league positions were called. Probably a lie, but that was the advice fat harry potter and his chums gave out.

The maximum payment most could have got, without the placings being finalised, would have been payment for finishing bottom. As about half the teams in the respective divisions, could still have gone down. That's certainly what happened to Gretna. They got paid for finishing bottom, with games left to play, to see if that would ease the pressure on them.

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

We are doing no different from every other SPFL club, voting for what, our board feel, is in the best interests of our club.

Doesn’t make it right and I’m my opinion it’s not. 

the whole thing was an absolute joke from the start, it’s made such a mockery of our game and the “leadership” that is supposed to manage it. 

1 hour ago, heynow2005 said:

For years Rangers and Celtic have done that and we've never let them off with it. Our league comes off totally mickey mouse through this. We are an embarrassment 

But if we voted no and that meant Dundee United didn’t go up then you could say we are not doing it for the best interests of them! 

There is absolutely no fair way to end this season unless it was possible to play it out. Even then you would have the whole contract situation with players as well. 

As much as hearts and Patrick have every chance of staying up, they have been absolute guff nearly all year and both should easily be at the other end of the table. They only have themselves to blame!

Edited by Skora11

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

I see Ann Budge has released a statement already this morning seeking "temporary reconstruuction".

Now if thats not being done for reasons of self preservation, I dont know what is. Every club is in this for their own and couldn't give a toss about any other. 

Tell you what, if we temporarily reconstruct the league then I am by with Scottish football. Not once have they even mentioned going to the fans and asking what they would like to see. 

Absolute disgrace. 

1 hour ago, Skora11 said:

As much as hearts and Patrick have every chance of staying up, they have been absolute guff nearly all year and both should easily be at the other end of the table. They only have themselves to blame!

That's not true though in Patrick's case, they have a game in hand so it's not fair at all. 

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

I see Ann Budge has released a statement already this morning seeking "temporary reconstruuction".

Now if thats not being done for reasons of self preservation, I dont know what is. Every club is in this for their own and couldn't give a toss about any other. 

Temporary reconstruction is a nonsense. It’s a simple yes or no. For me there are three options. Firstly no ups and no downs. We go again next season as we have this. Second we go as us. Top wins the league and bottom go down. Or third we reconstruct.

Hearts and Thistle are going into self preservation mode. Rightly so they can still stay up if games are played out but I’d be f**king livid if we lost our place in the league next season as part of a temp reconstruction that could see 4,5,6 down from a 14,16 or 18 team league. If it’s temp reconstruction she wants then they start with a points penalty

The league winners and bottom clubs have been declared by the vote for the 3 lower divisions. By definition they automatically move into the divisions accordingly. So Dun Utd have been promoted as a result, etc. The only way to have kept the status quo of clubs in the same divisions would have been a null and void season. This didn’t happen therefore promotions result.

I can’t see how Dundee can achieve promotion though unless it’s 3 up 1 down, which Hearts will be dead against, or 4 up none down. All this will have to take a back seat though until the League board come to a decision on the Premier completing (highly unlikely) or finalised at next weeks meeting. 

8 minutes ago, casual observer said:

It also needs a minimum 11-1 vote for reconstruction of the Premier, I’d be very surprised there would be that level of consensus. 

Any vote will IMO fail miserably. The Old Firm will reunite to protect their brand. That’s two against. St Johnstone, Livi and Accies hand over most of their stadium to the OF so will want to keep that cash cow. Even the likes of ourselves and Motherwell who give 4K tickets will have thoughts about losing games against them. I’d imagine threats will start to appear from Sky who will claim to have agreed their new contract based on four OF league games in a season. 

38 minutes ago, piffer said:

Any vote will IMO fail miserably. The Old Firm will reunite to protect their brand. That’s two against. St Johnstone, Livi and Accies hand over most of their stadium to the OF so will want to keep that cash cow. Even the likes of ourselves and Motherwell who give 4K tickets will have thoughts about losing games against them. I’d imagine threats will start to appear from Sky who will claim to have agreed their new contract based on four OF league games in a season. 

We may find Celtic more open to the idea as part of the chats with Dundee, again I’d be very surprised that Dundee changing their mind without a promise that suits the club.

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

I can’t see how Dundee can achieve promotion though unless it’s 3 up 1 down, which Hearts will be dead against, or 4 up none down. All this will have to take a back seat though until the League board come to a decision on the Premier completing (highly unlikely) or finalised at next weeks meeting. 

From what I can gather, Dundee are looking at next season, if reconstruction to 14 teams goes ahead, what with no Premiership relegation and Dundee Utd & ICT promoted, they fancy their chances of winning the revamped Championship.

Edited by C4mmy31

Whole thing is a farce. Any reconstruction now would be to 'save' Hearts, and 'reward' Dundee for pushing this mess through. It has opened the door to Hearts, Rangers and Partick in particular getting together to take the whole process to court. Unlikely that they win a case but it would drag on for months. 

No solution to this was ideal. I thought that the best outcome though, was to complete the matches, behind closed doors whenever that was possible. It might not have been until September but so be it. The only other option was probably to void the season- no champions of any Leagues, very unfair on Utd in particular, but various teams would lose out. Of course we now have the situation as well of Celtic having a '9 in a row' by this means. Imagine how long the debate over that will drag on for.....the next one they win 'isn't really 10' etc. Of course they now couldn't relegate Hearts and not 'award' Celtic the title. 

As said reconstruction under these terms would be a joke....'promote' Utd, ICT, Dundee and Ayr to make a 14, thus saving Hearts., and indeed Partick as it could well be a 14-14-14 structure. How could that be temporary for one season as well? 

Edited by Jedi2

2 minutes ago, Fudger said:

We are all clearly imbedded in the game up here and care passionately about it but just take a wee step back and look at the way it is being run and has been run, it's nothing short of a disgrace. 

£388k per annum for the useless w****r that is "leading" it. Biggest joke ever.

4 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Don’t worry folks, the uniquely placed Budge & Gray of Hearts & Accies are heading up the reconstruction taskforce. 

Defo.

One has over spent by millions on a new stand & guided her club to the bottom of the league with the 4th largest budget. The other lost a fortune to a Nigerian prince !!!

What could possibly go wrong......

The leagues should be played to a Finnish whenever it may be but money should be dished out now to help clubs, restruction to help hearts is an absolute farce but within spfl unsurprising though to be fair hearts shouldn’t be relegated anyway with so many games to go , all in all a f**k up as you would expect