How it ends

piffer

24 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

The leagues should be played to a Finnish whenever it may be but money should be dished out now to help clubs, restruction to help hearts is an absolute farce but within spfl unsurprising though to be fair hearts shouldn’t be relegated anyway with so many games to go , all in all a f**k up as you would expect 

FINNISH??

Surely Aberdeen would have an undeserved advantage 

20 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Relegated Partick Thistle have stepped aside and will not pursue legal action against the SPFL to allow clubs access to a prize money release of £9.3million.

Apparently any legal challenge to the SPFL vote, by 10am Friday, could block payments to clubs......

Good to see there is a club with some morals. 

24 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Good to see there is a club with some morals. 

Do they? Have they been advised they might be saved by reconstruction of the leagues?

I think there is a lot to play out in this farce 

Strange that they withdrew the threat of legal issues and so did hearts and Budgie gets on the task group. Smells fishy.

Could be 11-1 vote may not be required as this is not normal circumstances.

It’s Scottish football so nothing will surprise me.

What would Pess me off would be temporary reconstruction. If it’s not at least 5 years they can get tae.

Murky waters here. Any restructure should be from an independent committee. Too many folk putting their opinion in who don’t and never have had the best interests of Scottish football at heart. Who could oversee it I don’t know

I don’t trust Budge at all. It was IMO evident early on in the shutdown she was searching for loopholes to strengthen Hearts position and shaft their own staff. Given what she’s ruled over at a Hearts why do we want her involved in restructuring the leagues. Throw money at something then piss it up against the wall is not a viable format. 

If the do a restructure, the financial viability of clubs must bear taken into account, if there's to be a longer shutdown.  Heartz not the club to be leading the review for that very reason, especially the recent history of admin in Gorgie.

Can't have clubs voting for a bigger league to stay in business, then fold and leave a bigger league without the teams to play in it.  Or worse still (and highly likely IMO) starting the season with half the clubs in the SPL, on -10 points, due to an admin event.   My guess is a few 'big names' will be in the bottom tier when we start again and not for 'footballing ability' reasons.

The list of people involved in looking at restructure. As far as I can see there is one football person in there in Davie MacKinnon. A few who are obviously full of self interest and some very new names.

Id have liked to see a few independent bodies in there. A couple of former players and managers. Maybe even someone with a media background 

4B32BCA6-3CCC-417E-90E3-85D945EA8E35.jpeg

43 minutes ago, piffer said:

The list of people involved in looking at restructure. As far as I can see there is one football person in there in Davie MacKinnon. A few who are obviously full of self interest and some very new names.

Id have liked to see a few independent bodies in there. A couple of former players and managers. Maybe even someone with a media background 

4B32BCA6-3CCC-417E-90E3-85D945EA8E35.jpeg

Why is Leeann Dempster there ?

She couldnt possibly have the Edinburgh derby gate reciepts in the back of her mind could she...... 

I'm not so sure the discussions of morals with regards to this sits well. The SPL was formed in the late nineties to make sure the top clubs got most of the money. We were part of that.

The SPFL was formed to accommodate Sevco Scotland Ltd, to make sure their money didn’t disappear from the league. The playoffs were introduced, and set up to favour the Premiership club. We were part of that.

We shouldn't throw stones from our glass house.

3 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I'm not so sure the discussions of morals with regards to this sits well. The SPL was formed in the late nineties to make sure the top clubs got most of the money. We were part of that.

The SPFL was formed to accommodate Sevco Scotland Ltd, to make sure their money didn’t disappear from the league. The playoffs were introduced, and set up to favour the Premiership club. We were part of that.

We shouldn't throw stones from our glass house.

And not forgetting stadium criteria which only the “chosen few” could meet or afford to meet 

1 hour ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Unfair on Patrick, they have a game in hand and if they won it then they would be out of the relegation spot. The championship is that tight at the bottom.

Think their game in hand was away to Inverness so unlikely 3 points, but not impossible.