How it ends

piffer

40 minutes ago, WIGHT and BLUE said:

Seems perfectly well worked out to me.

How would our league work out ?? 

Come on Skygod.....

That’s the same working the SPFL are using I think. The only change in the top flight looked to be Hibs and St Johnstone swapping places. 

On 4/18/2020 at 6:59 PM, GCM said:

Aberdeen chairman now saying they support reconstruction for ONE or TWO seasons, this whole thing just stinks.

Going out on a limb here but if we vote for reconstruction for one or two seasons I won't renew my season ticket, the whole thing is absolutely shocking and could end up costing us dearly in the long run. Pathetic. 

49 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Going out on a limb here but if we vote for reconstruction for one or two seasons I won't renew my season ticket, the whole thing is absolutely shocking and could end up costing us dearly in the long run. Pathetic. 

There's going to be a fair number of people who can't afford a season ticket whenever the season takes place. Your reason is pathetic at a time when the club needs all the help it can get. Keeping the club going is more important than whether the agreed format is temporary or permanent. 

7 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

There's going to be a fair number of people who can't afford a season ticket whenever the season takes place. Your reason is pathetic at a time when the club needs all the help it can get. Keeping the club going is more important than whether the agreed format is temporary or permanent. 

Each to their own. I would be extremely disappointed if we support this notion of temporary reconstruction and don't think that I in turn could support it. 

Pathetic is clubs like us supporting our sham of a governing body. 

4 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

You mean like we did with the last two reconstructions that benefited us financially?

If something benefits us then of course it is a good thing for us. 

How does temporarily reconstructing help us? Most fans I have spoken to are very much in support of a bigger league so the season after next we could potentially have a situation of 4 teams being relegated and back to a 12 team league. We Could lose our league position or be back to playing less teams or even both. It's ridiculous. 

This is all being done to mask the horrific leadership of our governing body. 

Edited by Fudger

Premier League chiefs have advised clubs to get their players ready to return to full training by the end of May.

The 20 top flight clubs have been advised of their next steps in a series of emails from league bosses, as they begin plans to get the 2019/20 season back underway.

A number of Europe’s other top leagues have made plans to resume their respective campaigns. Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund are already back in training with their season set to recommence in May – although there will be no fans until 2021.

Meanwhile, despite Italy being one of the countries worst hit by coronavirus, reports claim Serie A will test all players next month before attempting to complete the campaign in the summer.

And it appears the Premier League are making similar plans by sending a series of emails to clubs with guidelines on how to prepare their players for a return of action.

The Daily Mail claim to have seen those emails, and they apparently advise clubs to:

Scale back home training regimes until May 4.

Expect a return to group training by the end of next month.

Cancel any plans to leave the country during what is effectively their ‘off season’.

Be ready to resume football ‘activities’ at 48 hours’ notice.

The Mail claim players have been sent messages detailing what is required of them over the next four weeks.

Since the lockdown, players have been given home-based training plans in an attempt to keep as match-fit as possible away from the training ground.

But now they are being sent new workouts that are less intense to maintain a ‘base level of fitness’ instead.

They have reportedly been told to keep to this ‘off-season’ regime until May 4, and will be provided with new plans from May 5 to up their fitness levels – akin to the increased pace of a pre-season.

It is hoped these plans will put players in a good place to return to action in the coming months, with further reports claiming the season could resume in June.

https://talksport.com/football/694259/premier-league-players-training-2019-20-season-coronavirus/

EPL players told to prepare to be back training by middle of May .

2 hours ago, Prahakillie said:

It all seems wildly optimistic to me. 

Yep, story later on in the evening that they are moving towards ending the season. 

Interesting point for the bigger clubs that doesn't apply so much up here - many more players have break clauses or automatic reductions if they go down, so clubs are the bottom concerned they would have to pay higher wages for months and months if they try to complete the season. 

Daniel Stendel reveals why Hearts owner Ann Budge feels she is fighting alone (Edinburg' Evening News)

Hearts manager Daniel Stendel today revealed that owner Ann Budge feels she is fighting a lone battle trying to save the club from relegation.

Talks between the pair in recent days have involved possible league reconstruction, with Budge engaged in a task force to explore a new set-up for the Scottish Professional Football League.

Hearts stand to be relegated to the Championship unless the Premiership is expanded, but they are almost certain to need an 11-1 vote in favour from top-flight clubs for that to happen.

Budge and the Hamilton vice-chair Les Gray are leading a 15-strong panel trying to develop reconstruction plans.

Last week’s controversial SPFL vote saw Partick Thistle and Stranraer relegated from the Championship and League One respectively, leaving Hearts’ immediate future still outstanding.

Speaking from his home in Germany, Stendel told the Evening News how Budge feels her efforts are aking to battling on her own.

"I spoke with Ann a few days ago and she said her feeling is that she is fighting a little bit alone against everybody,” said Stendel.

“If they finish the league and we are the only team in our situation, some other teams say, 'oh, it doesn't matter'.

"There is the side with the SPFL and the other side with the club, the players, the money and how it works for the future.

“It's not so easy at the moment. We are all waiting. Ann would like to have support but it's not so easy.

"In Scotland, you cannot do so much. To fly to Edinburgh at the moment is not easy. Then, when you are in Edinburgh, what can you do? You can call people but you can do this from anywhere.”

17 hours ago, Fudger said:

If something benefits us then of course it is a good thing for us. 

How does temporarily reconstructing help us? Most fans I have spoken to are very much in support of a bigger league so the season after next we could potentially have a situation of 4 teams being relegated and back to a 12 team league. We Could lose our league position or be back to playing less teams or even both. It's ridiculous. 

This is all being done to mask the horrific leadership of our governing body. 

The SPL was formed, because just like in England, the top clubs wanted the lions share of the money, with a pithy 'parachute' payment to the lower leagues. It was money grabbing greed and we were part of it, to hell with the lower leagues.

The SPFL was formed to accommodate Sevco Scotland, and make sure their money wasn't lost. Instead of implementing the same playoff system as England, where teams are relegated and the playoffs are for teams coming up, we bastardised it and made sure that lower teams have to play extra games before they play the rested Premiership side. That was done to preserve money for top flight clubs, and we directly benefitted from it too. That was to mask the horrific leadership of the governing body.

This is no different.

All this pontificating about how to conclude the season so everything is ready for the start of the next one in August / September seems a bit academic to me. The noises I am hearing from the academic institutes seem to indicate that what we would all describe as a normal football match seems unlikely to take place this year. And there us little confidence that next year will be much better. Without a covid 19 vaccine and reliable antibody test, any significant relaxation of the current guidelines would just result in a second spike in cases.

If somebody has a more optimistic take on things, I am all ears.

Edited by gdevoy

6 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

All this pontificating about how to conclude the season so everything is ready for the start of the next one in August / September seems a bit academic to me. The noises I am hearing from the academic institutes seem to indicate that what we would all describe as a normal football match seems unlikely to take place this year. And there us little confidence that next year will be much better. Without a covid 19 vaccine and reliable antibody test, any significant relaxation of the current guidelines would just result in a second spike in cases.

The one factor I think is worth taking into account is that I suspect they will try and move heaven and earth to get matches behind closed doors. I suspect we might see that even if it isn't particularly wise that it's happening... 

2 hours ago, mitch14 said:

The one factor I think is worth taking into account is that I suspect they will try and move heaven and earth to get matches behind closed doors. I suspect we might see that even if it isn't particularly wise that it's happening... 

I wouldn't mind live streaming closed doors games, sharing comments in social meeja. That's how I see many games anyway. But Nicola seems dead set against even that as she says people will congregate to watch on big screens somewhere.

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

But Nicola seems dead set against even that as she says people will congregate to watch on big screens somewhere.

If football is started in England or Europe in some way we will follow suit .People will still congregate to watch English games on a big screen somewhere or have all dayers in someone's house .What about international games ? Would Scotland have to play in some country that allows closed door games or just get UEFA to decide the result 

7 hours ago, gdevoy said:

I think your spot on with that wish u werent though