How it ends

piffer

I am sure the Scottish game will need nowhere near 300 test .There will b nothing like the the entourage that the EPL have .It will be in the best intrest of some of the teams to get the league played .Hearts and Septic come to mind .Also it would call Sevcos bluff who actually want a null and void .They would probably demand the league pay for it and teams were being bullied into playing 

Then you have to add in stewards , private security the clubs would need outside grounds and extra policing to stop folk gathering at grounds 

There is one or 2 stadiums even in the top Scottish League that may be relatively easier for some to get inside if there isn't enough security around the stadium 

1 minute ago, Scouser2 said:

Then you have to add in stewards , private security the clubs would need outside grounds and extra policing to stop folk gathering at grounds 

There is one or 2 stadiums even in the top Scottish League that may be relatively easier for some to get inside if there isn't enough security around the stadium 

Exactly, people think it's as simple as two teams of XI and some subs and a manager. The logistics behind this is going to be huge, teams being kept in lockdown to minimise infection. Realistically you need to have your full squad 20+ players, all your coaching staff 10+, medical staff, groundstaff etc. That's just to conduct training. On match day you add in broadcasting teams, security and medical cover, policing etc then your pushing easily over 200 and towards the 300 people. This would bankrupt almost all clubs in Scotland. 

I'm as desperate as the next person for football to return but not at the expense of a club to support next year and beyond.

I’m just waiting to see what happens as soon as a player or official from an English team catches the virus when it is decided they start back - what’s going to happen then? Surprised the PFA have not been more vocal about their player safety concerns - I have seen bits kicking about, but nothing too extensive in this regard (unless I have missed other bits which is possible). Playing with people’s lives....

Whilst test results for Covid-19 are relatively quick in a hospital environment, they are much slower outwith the hospital.  Current information is that regional and mobile test sites the aim is to have results returned within 48 hours although this is not always achieved.  The home test kits can take up to 72 hours.  Therefore, we must keep in mind that the test only tests positive or negative at the time of the test.  

It is possible to have a negative result but prove positive before the next test.  This has happened and no doubt, will continue to happen until the testing system improves.

A resumption of football, even behind closed doors with all the precautions, is a ticking bomb as you simply cannot test on the day of a game and know if someone is positive or negative.  As rm0199 has indicated, to pursue a resumption of professional football in any capacity with current state of testing is 'playing with people's lives'. I would further add that football clubs as employers, have a legal duty of care toward their employees. If the health and wellbeing of their employees is of paramount importance, then there is a moral and legal obligation to ensure that their employees are not put in a situation where a known risk exists. We all want to see football resume as soon a s possible but it must only be resumed when it is safe for the players and staff to do so.

Germany faces the prospect of having to restore stricter lockdown measures as its number and rate of coronavirus infections grew again .....

Fifa's chief doctor has warned against restarting the interrupted 2019-20 campaign and suggested governing bodies prepare for action next season instead......

No football anytime soon then.

Edited by C4mmy31

14 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

EPL are desperate to restart because Sky will reclaim around £700m. I haven't seen anything about BT/Sky reclaiming money from SPFL for games not being shown, or did I miss that ? 

We are probably fortunate that our current tv deal is up this summer. As above the money relating to the remaining games will likely be petty cash.

Perhaps the biggest worry for Scottish football is Sky’s opinion on restructuring. They’ve negotiated the new deal in expectation of four OF games a season plus a few other “big” fixtures. Changing the format won’t guarantee them those matches.

• 2 weeks later...

Dragging it out but final public confirmation expected this coming week to formally end the current league season in top league..

In normal times this weekend would seen our final league game of the season ...doesn’t seem 12 months since those mixture of emotions felt in the final game of previous season..

1 hour ago, Scouser2 said:

Dragging it out but final public confirmation expected this coming week to formally end the current league season in top league..

In normal times this weekend would seen our final league game of the season ...doesn’t seem 12 months since those mixture of emotions felt in the final game of previous season..

My god nearly a year since that game how time flies 

On 4/29/2020 at 1:53 PM, Loudoun Killie said:

So do we think it’s morally right for football to hoover up ‘one time use’ testing kits (regardless of cost) at the expense of those who really need them?? Like.....say.....the NHS workers......??

I don’t, it’ll be utterly shocking if football goes ahead any time soon. Clubs need to cut their cloth accordingly to remain in existence......and if that means reduced staff levels, then so be it....

Nobody else is using the tests