"Our Girl"

iankerr18

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but in an old episode of Our Girl a small patrol is walking through the jungle. A Scottish guy complains about the heat and his officer tells him to shave off his beard. His reply is "this is not coming off until Kilmarnock are top of the league". Obviously after the Steve Clarke era this has now been shaved off. Still watching the Michelle Keegan show until Killie are mentioned again!

7 minutes ago, iankerr18 said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned before but in an old episode of Our Girl a small patrol is walking through the jungle. A Scottish guy complains about the heat and his officer tells him to shave off his beard. His reply is "this is not coming off until Kilmarnock are top of the league". Obviously after the Steve Clarke era this has now been shaved off. Still watching the Michelle Keegan show until Killie are mentioned again!

Remember a monty python sketch quoted was found in a sweet shop in kilmarnock

12 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Remember a monty python sketch quoted was found in a sweet shop in kilmarnock

It was a UK game of hide and seek. The winner was found, after months of not being found, cowering like a plague victim in a sweet shop doorway..alleged to be Kilmarnock....

20 hours ago, iankerr18 said:

I was expecting a picture of Michelle Keegan pal , things are tough these days 

On 4/9/2020 at 10:33 PM, iankerr18 said:

Any chance you could tell me what episode mate. Been binge watching alot of stuff during these times may add this to the list.

On 4/9/2020 at 10:33 PM, iankerr18 said:

my friend who travels a lot has just told me there was a film set in India called Losing Gemma. This is about a backpacker travelling by train in india she gets kidnapped by another traveller and her boyfriend. In once scene there is alawyer in a office in India and behind him is a huge poster of Kilmarnock FC team.  Poss the 97 cup winning team Why this happened i do not know but a massive thing for kilmarnock FC set in INDIA

Detective TV series in late 70s called Strangers starring Don Henderson as DCI Bulman. Mark McManus (later Taggart) his sidekick. In one episode, there was some historical reference and Bulman said  “So what happened in 1929?” and McManus’ character replied “Well, Kilmarnock won the Scottish Cup but apart from that I don’t know”.

9 hours ago, Jimmy Superscot said:

.....Bulman said  “So what happened in 1929?” and McManus’ character replied “Well, Kilmarnock won the Scottish Cup but apart from that I don’t know”.

Even as a Killie supporter, I would have said the Wall Street Crash!