When Lockdown Ends

Nobody

59 minutes ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Will people remember that we can live perfectly well without embracing the rampant capitalist consumer society that is destroying our planet, or wil everybody just go back to their old excesses amidst splurge spending and foreign holidays???

absolutely nothing wrong with foreign holidays to broaden the mind and experiences. Hopefully it will make us look more closely at environmental aspects and appreciate it more.

Edited by Shropshire_killie
Typo

1 hour ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Will people remember that we can live perfectly well without embracing the rampant capitalist consumer society that is destroying our planet, or wil everybody just go back to their old excesses amidst splurge spending and foreign holidays???

The second one. 

How big an effect has this last couple of months or so had on the environment. I’ve seen a few pics of things(waters clearing, less smog) but never anything solid to back it up.

If lockdown were to just stop I think it would be mental for a couple of months. I doubt it will just stop we will likely ease Out of it and the fact that every country seems to be at a different point in the scale will possibly stop the rush abroad. 

1 hour ago, piffer said:

How big an effect has this last couple of months or so had on the environment. I’ve seen a few pics of things(waters clearing, less smog) but never anything solid to back it up.

It's gonna be impossible for people to deny human life has a big impact on pollution after the lockdown with amount air pollution levels have dropped.  If you were looking beyond lockdown, you have to ask who's really at risk here and it's not people of working age, the people who are economically active in society. That's obviously something they'll have to look at in a few months for social, economic and clinical reasons.  The young don't have the sort of financial cushion, 'air risk' age groups have, so 'socially' they won't survive being in lockdown for as long and the consequences will be far more long term.

4 hours ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Foreign holidays? Paahh!

There's nothing that beats Sandylands on a hot summer's day, the cool sea breezes that come in from the Firth, the seagulls doing what they do naturally all over your chips, a pint of overpriced warm lager and the delicate aroma that wafts overfrom the abbatoir next door ...bliss!

Who could want to go anywhere else? 9_9

7 hours ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

I will go back to excessive spending and foreign holidays , can’t f**king wait ,oh and excessive eating and drinking 

6 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

absolutely nothing wrong with foreign holidays to broaden the mind and experiences. 

Most people holiday abroad so they can lie in direct sunlight for 6 - 8 hours a day and get s**tfaced on cheap booze the rest of the time.

16 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Most people holiday abroad so they can lie in direct sunlight for 6 - 8 hours a day and get s**tfaced on cheap booze the rest of the time.

Most Scots go on holiday abroad because the weather is normally sh!te here. How many days of sunshine did we have from 1st January until 31st March, three or four maybe ? Lack of natural vitamin D from sunlight is a problem in Scotland. 

Sod's law, we're locked in and the weather looks good for the next ten days. 

4 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Never done that. I go to places to be away from folk like that....

So do I. We've been to loads of interesting places, Rome, Jeusalem, St Petersburg. But a ioad of people I know just want to park themselves in a resort and drink themselves into oblivion, complaining it's not as good as Blackpool.

8 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

So do I. We've been to loads of interesting places, Rome, Jeusalem, St Petersburg. But a ioad of people I know just want to park themselves in a resort and drink themselves into oblivion, complaining it's not as good as Blackpool.

Love to see St Petersburg so original post from Kenvaagen flawed imo! My gran never left Tarbolton for years and years apart  from the odd jant into Ayr. She seemed quite happy tbh but the danger is huge parochialism and introspectiveness. 

• 2 weeks later...