14 team league

KFC_Macca

34 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Yeh but surely it cant be 67 team league. 

Possible do whats similar to the east of Scotland league. Which has a premier and 2 conference division making a 7th tier

Depends what the criteria for joining is. I read about the Buffs buying floodlights that originally belonged to Man U, they have also started a similar scheme to the Trust with monthly donations going to the club. I know Irvine Vics enquired about joining but the costs for meeting the standard required was prohibitive. 

44 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Yeh but surely it cant be 67 team league. 

Possible do whats similar to the east of Scotland league. Which has a premier and 2 conference division making a 7th tier

The first season will probably be 4 conferences of 16/17 teams. The final standings from these will determine tiers 6-9 the following season. 

9 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Depends what the criteria for joining is. I read about the Buffs buying floodlights that originally belonged to Man U, they have also started a similar scheme to the Trust with monthly donations going to the club. I know Irvine Vics enquired about joining but the costs for meeting the standard required was prohibitive. 

Floodlights are only required for tier 5 (Lowland league), don't think Irvine Vics will need to worry about that anytime soon. 

34 minutes ago, J_M_B said:

Floodlights are only required for tier 5 (Lowland league), don't think Irvine Vics will need to worry about that anytime soon. 

I remember having a conversation with a chap on the bus going to the away Sevco Cup replay game. If I remember right (probably not) the problem was about the side of the ground that backs onto the railway embankment, plus a requirement for a training pitch. Either way, it would have cost too much. 

On 4/12/2020 at 9:59 AM, stewarty66 said:

16 team top league for me. 

Home/ away each team = 30 games

Split 8/8 = extra 7 games. 

Total 37 games 

That's 1 less league game than the current format. 

And bin the winter break while we're at it. 

The problem with that is it’s written in the new Sky deal that 4 old firm are required. 

That’s why the 14 team league is the only chance of reconstruction. 

Play each team home and away. Top 6 and bottom 8 split, then home and away again. Teams in top 6 would play 36 games and teams in bottom 8 would play 40 games. 

If we start talking about a 16 team league with the 4 old firms we’d have teams playing 44 games. 

17 minutes ago, KillieNo1 said:

The problem with that is it’s written in the new Sky deal that 4 old firm are required. 

That’s why the 14 team league is the only chance of reconstruction. 

Play each team home and away. Top 6 and bottom 8 split, then home and away again. Teams in top 6 would play 36 games and teams in bottom 8 would play 40 games. 

If we start talking about a 16 team league with the 4 old firms we’d have teams playing 44 games. 

How can that be a condition if one of them gets relegated or goes into administration/ liquidation? 

Any reconstruction that ends up with teams playing each other 4 times a season should immediately be put in the bin. If we are going to change the leagues then lets make it so we end up with a more compelling product at the end of the day. 

Everyone is bored playing each other so often, for reference since the start of 2018 we have played Aberdeen 12 times in the league and cup. That's far too much for a period of just over two years.

I say we move to a top division of 18, everyone plays once home and away and that's it. No splits or any of that nonsense. 3 up and 3 down with no playoff's. The removal of 4 games from the calendar allows us to have a proper winter break without cramming everything in when we get back.

The championship can be reorganised into a 16 team league along the same principles.

The remaining 8 teams for the current setup can be shoved into new regional leagues.  

If Sky don't want to pay for that then we can offer it to BT for the same money and see if they bite.        

33 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

How can that be a condition if one of them gets relegated or goes into administration/ liquidation? 

I’m not a lawyer but I assume there would be some sort of clause in the contract if that was to happen. Normally these deals are airtight covering every possible circumstance. 

5 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Any reconstruction that ends up with teams playing each other 4 times a season should immediately be put in the bin. If we are going to change the leagues then lets make it so we end up with a more compelling product at the end of the day. 

Everyone is bored playing each other so often, for reference since the start of 2018 we have played Aberdeen 12 times in the league and cup. That's far too much for a period of just over two years.

I say we move to a top division of 18, everyone plays once home and away and that's it. No splits or any of that nonsense. 3 up and 3 down with no playoff's. The removal of 4 games from the calendar allows us to have a proper winter break without cramming everything in when we get back.

The championship can be reorganised into a 16 team league along the same principles.

The remaining 8 teams for the current setup can be shoved into new regional leagues.  

If Sky don't want to pay for that then we can offer it to BT for the same money and see if they bite.        

Sky have already signed the contract for the next few years, based on them getting 4 bigot derbies a season. You'd imagne there'd be penalty clauses if there isn't.

BT have no interest in Scottish football. As shown by their derisory offer.

They have us over a barrel if we want to see the colour of their money.

42 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Mind what happened the last time? That tit Doncaster negotiated a contract, with time left to run, down.

Didn't we end up paying money back to them by way of covering their prodution costs of covering the lower leagues?

38 minutes ago, CB said:

Sky have already signed the contract for the next few years, based on them getting 4 bigot derbies a season. You'd imagne there'd be penalty clauses if there isn't.

BT have no interest in Scottish football. As shown by their derisory offer.

They have us over a barrel if we want to see the colour of their money.

I'm sure there is penalties if we don't give them what they want. I say its a rotten deal to begin with and if this gives a get out a clause I would gladly take it. The fact its five years long just adds to the insult.

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

The contract would be re negotiated.Not going to happen though ,any talk of Sevco  going into admin and getting relegated is pie in the sky .They will just start selling season tickets for next season to rais cash .The gullible will still buy them .Sky want as many infirm games as possible and there stadiums would still sell out even if the played  one another every week .Any talk off reconstruction involving less infirm games ain't going to happen 

You could put money on it now that the suggestion will be a 14 team league for a season or two. I don't agree with the way they've ended this, should have been either finished or void in my opinion. Everything will be based around the TV deal and saving Hearts.