14 team league

KFC_Macca

Despite people's feelings about Hearts this is a disgraceful way to relegate a club. A league is played over 38 games. If it can't be played in its entirety then you can't just relegate a Team. Imagine if that had been us. You could have a situation where you have played  Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen 3 times but your rival has played Hamilton, St Mirren and Ross County depending on fixtures so naturally you have less points but you would expect things to level up. Corrupt to the core and lacking in any decency! 

For a team that’s won 4 league games all season - 2 of which were Hibs away in the derby (surprisingly), and 1 against Newco, there’s not much evidence they’ve been dealt a bad hand. They are pure and simply the worst team in the league and have been utter dugs**te for 18 months. I think it’s unfortunate though that they’re now highly unlikely to confirm their relegation on the pitch, but there’s nothing to suggest there was going to be any other outcome based on long term and consistent form. 

The lower league teams have been shafted here yet again. The league in its current form is stale and boring...yet all any club cares about is trying to get more home games v the old firm. Sick of it... probably one of the reasons i haven't missed it since it was stopped. 

Edited by heynow2005

13 hours ago, piffer said:

Perhaps short term its best to ditch the talks. Reconstruction is needed but it can’t be rushed and it can’t be used for self interest. IMO any talks until now have had the intention of keeping Hearts in the tops flight not the greater good of the game.

Go away and come up with a proper task force. Ex players, broadcaster, fans, representatives from leagues and maybe some neutral bodies with experience elsewhere. Come up with a number of proper well thought out options and go from there.

14 teams is talked about a lot. It’s a bit daft for me the way they want to work the split. I’m not a fan of the bottom 8 playing more games than the top 6 if it goes that way nor would I like a free week in post split fixtures. If we went down the 14 team route I’d like to see them look to continue to 16 teams and maybe 18. 

I thought it was proposed that way as well but it was a top 8 and bottom 6 that was on the cards.

The bottom line here is that the vast majority were not the least bit interested in what fans or players wanted, no matter what Killie had to say.

17 minutes ago, heynow2005 said:

The lower league teams have been shafted here yet again. The league in its current form is stale and boring...yet all any club cares about is trying to get more home games v the old firm. Sick of it... probably one of the reasons i haven't missed it since it was stopped. 

Was it not the League 2 clubs that put the spanner in the works regarding reconstruction?

10 hours ago, kfc_superteam said:

Despite people's feelings about Hearts this is a disgraceful way to relegate a club. A league is played over 38 games. If it can't be played in its entirety then you can't just relegate a Team. Imagine if that had been us. You could have a situation where you have played  Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen 3 times but your rival has played Hamilton, St Mirren and Ross County depending on fixtures so naturally you have less points but you would expect things to level up. Corrupt to the core and lacking in any decency! 

I actually agree with this. If the league is not finished then it should be declared void. No champions, no relegation, just go away and stare again.

1 hour ago, kfc_superteam said:

Relegating Patrick two points behind with one game in hand is scandalous. Would we all have been happy and say fair enough if we'd been in this unfortunate position.. No chance! 

Think PT have been harder done by than hearts but not heard as much complaining from them 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

I actually agree with this. If the league is not finished then it should be declared void. No champions, no relegation, just go away and stare again.

You then have legal challenges to deal with from both UK and overseas broadcasters, sponsors and no doubt some fans claiming they haven’t had their contracts fulfilled. This far into a season it needs to be called, or paused until sage to resume. 

There was absolutely no chance of reconstruction.Hearts have been conned into supporting Sevco thinking they would back reconstruction .No chance of getting a 11-1 vote and I would think Sevco would be one of the 6 that declared no intrest in it.I stil don't get that a bigger league would improve it especially one which splits in two with some teams playing more games than others.

Edited by Killiepies

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

You then have legal challenges to deal with from both UK and overseas broadcasters, sponsors and no doubt some fans claiming they haven’t had their contracts fulfilled. This far into a season it needs to be called, or paused until sage to resume. 

Yiu are absolutely right their contracts have not been fulfilled. 

I can accept a pause until safe to resume solution but to "call it" now  option changes the entire nature and form if the competition into something nobody signed up for at the start. Suppose two chess grandmasters were playing a match which which had to be suspended due to outside factors. Can you see either player accepting the game being awarded to his opponent because a bunch of chess Gurus decided he was "ahead"?

I can see Hearts having a very solid legal challenge against the SPFL for serious punitive financial penalties if they are relegated.

26 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I can see Hearts having a very solid legal challenge against the SPFL for serious punitive financial penalties if they are relegated.

Hearts will be pissing in the wind. 

The league took a vote of all member clubs and got a consensus of 81% in favour of ending the season.

For Hearts to be a very vocal advocate of reconstruction (understandably) yet to then say it can only be temporary was a pure cheek, for what it’s worth they should have backed reconstruction under any form to save their skin.

If our board (god forbid) where in this position I’d expect us to be open to any reconstruction that saved us.

4 hours ago, Garvis said:

I keep hearing VOID the season, do people not relies it would finish Scottish football for over 50% - 60% of the clubs that are counting down the days to get their prize money never mind having to pay back fans season ticket money..    

Scottish is dead it’s the clubs themselves that have killed the game some are in the self preservation mode spfl board are a joke as well as usual fans not consulted 

Does it need an 11-1 vote?

In the old days of the SPL it only needed 9-3 to expand the league ...BUT it needed 11-1 to change the spread of the finances.

When SPL and SFL combined to become the SPFL the payouts we established for the entire league from position 1 (Premiership winners) right down to position 42 ( Bottom of League 2).

On 5/9/2020 at 12:02 AM, kfc_superteam said:

I agree. They should be trying to find a way to finish the season not end it early. 

when they can play football again why don’t they finish this season and then play a short league campaign for next season eg play each other only twice?

We would all be raging if Killie were to go down with 8 games left. It’s not fair on whatever team it is - hearts, thistle or anyone else.