14 team league

KFC_Macca

58 minutes ago, historyman said:

I don’t see any flaw that’s a great as relegating a club with 8 games to go that’s 2 points behind the team above them with a game in hand. Partick could have been relegated on the strength of a match being postponed or even worse because they won a Scottish cup tie.

The answer is the Sky deal. Biggest deal in years and they don't want to risk losing it. That's why the SPFL pushed so hard. 

Given where we are now, I think the fairest thing to do would be some sort of financial compensation for the relegated clubs for what they would likely lose. 

15 hours ago, livvy said:

If that's true they will go for admin before they sell season tickets so the new, new club that we will all have to pretend is the old, old club gets the cash. Did the league not change the rules after their last episode to make sure they could get through it punishment free next time around?

They’ve started selling ST's already. They’ve apparently also given punters a deadline to buy or they lose their ticket. 

The talk of a sevco boycott is a red herring and won’t happen to the extent that those in the blue order etc want .The number looking for away tickets is always greater than the allocation . The chance for some of there  supporters to see them outweighs a boycott 

17 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Talk of a Sevco boycott is the usual bollox the drug addled inbred mutants constantly peddle when someone puts these entitled permanent victim billy boy bigoted anal ulcers in their place.

Hurry up and die again you horrible shower of cock warts.

f**king despise them. Not that you can tell cos I hide it well.

Difficult to argue with any of that 

1 hour ago, killiead78 said:

Sevco fans trying to bully other clubs financially to do what they want. If only there was a team who wanted to stand up against that type of behaviour. 

Going by the vote this week there was plenty of clubs who did

Going by the way our current board have put our own fans first and made so called fans of both the Glasgow OF clubs seethe ...there is 

On 5/12/2020 at 1:22 PM, historyman said:

In defence of Anne Budge and Hearts I don’t think it is at all fair that a club gets relegated after 30 games of a 38 game season. 
Would you be ok with it if it was us? I wouldn’t. I would be fuming at the unfairness of it all. 

Of course I would, and I'd be equally fuming if we ended up relegated because we lost the core of our team with 8 games to go when the team at the bottom managed to keep theirs. 

Both scenarios are unfair.

They are now talking about a 'hub' solution to playing games, ie potentially, the same as was being proposed in England, that you choose one city (Glasgow), bring all 12 squads into the area to stay in hotels nearby, and then play the matches at Hampden, Ibrox, Parkhead and possibly Firhill, behind closed doors. Celtic v Rangers would presumably be played at Hampden.

Surely 'if' that could be done, (with testing for players and staff pre-match), why could they not have done this over a 3 week period, to complete this season? playing matches Sat-Wed-Sat....Doesn't matter if it takes until September or later to do it. New shortened season could start after that. European places are out the window anyway, as it doesnt seem likely that European football could be played next season, but it would 'decide' the title and relegation at least.

That would seem to have been the best solution to this farce. 3 weeks to complete 9 matches-instead of which we will have a media frenzy for who knows how long over Celtic have won 9-in-a-row/ no they havenae....and on it goes.

Edited by Jedi2

On BBC site 

League reconstruction is back on the table for Scottish football, just over a week after the idea was scrapped.

Hearts owner Ann Budge has been given the go ahead by fellow Premiership clubs to work on a document that could result in a temporary change to the Scottish league set-up.

It follows a top-flight club meeting yesterday where key members, including Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen, all backed her call for the issue to be looked at again.

A reconstruction task force, set up specifically to look at change, was recently ditched after clubs deemed their proposals would not get enough support.

Hope the other teams vote this down if it is a temporary move yet again to save Hearts.

If there is one thing that this pandemic has taught me is that football is way down in priorities, I have to be honest and say that if these four clubs, I would have thought of Hibs were in on this they would have been mentioned,  manage to carve up this league based on ST sales then my commitment to Scottish Football May just be done. I have been lucky and seen Killie win cups, went to Europe etc, if the governing body ( that’s a laugh) can be rolled over by Dundee then Hearts then the game is fekked.

• 2 weeks later...

Hearts last stage plan at escaping relegation / restructuring the leagues has now been put forward , not sure if will get the needed support this time around as it is still only temporary instead of a plan for long term success, and some clubs in top league may well lose out financially which in current circumstances will hit some clubs hard ...

####

Hearts owner Ann Budge has submitted a reconstruction proposal to the SPFL board for three leagues of 14 for the next two seasons.

The document has been circulated to all 42 member clubs and the SPFL board will meet on Wednesday to discuss it.

Budge's plan involves the Premiership splitting after two rounds of fixtures into a top six and bottom eight.

She also suggests a 14-14-16 structure could be implemented if clubs voted to include Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers. 

Top-flight Hearts, Championship side Partick Thistle and League One Stranraer were relegated in the SPFL's current 12-12-12-10 format when the season was curtailed due to the coronavirus crisis.

Budge insists the proposal is "a better way for Scottish football to deal with the current emergency, while at the same time righting an unintended injustice".

Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack is "supportive in principle" of Budge's plan and added: "For the survival of Scottish football, I hope every club feels they can get behind this approach."

Adding two teams to the top flight would require a change to the distribution of prize money model, but Budge says this would be offset by Premiership clubs not having to finance the £300,000 parachute payment that Hearts would be due on relegation.

There is also the potential for a play-off involving teams in fifth, sixth and seventh to determine a European place and address concerns about potentially meaningless fixtures.

The second and third tier can decide on nature of their split.

Budge also pledged to share Covid-19 testing facilities and resources with clubs across the divisions to help cover the costs of enabling players to return to training and playing matches.

Edited by Scouser2